Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 501 oChaos_Nine @ 05/11/10 01:06 AM
Umm, wow goh, just wow.

# 502 Ifly8o8 @ 05/11/10 04:05 AM
You wanna see a fight of a guy taking 5-6 power shots without folding? He'll I'll give 5-6 minutes of power shots. Watch tim Sylvia vs cabbage correia. One of the most lopsided and brutal fights I've seen in ufc.

# 503 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/11/10 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I agree with your perspective Sim. I think you are perfectly correct about punch accuracy being the real issue and not the fact that the power shots do big damage. I also think a big factor of why power shots are thrown so much is the lack of stamina they burn. You should lose tons of stamina on throwing big bombs. Especially combos of power shots. You should be winded after a flurry of those. I think the full retail will have it toned down more so than the demo though honestly/
that's my sentiment exactly. i don't think the stamina burns quickly enough in the standup. i dont agree with the retail version will be different unless that person has horrid cardio, or they patch it.

# 504 PBlast @ 05/11/10 12:39 PM
I think Career Mode looks great this year, but you're right, if the game play is the same as the demo it's going to get a bit repetitive. The real fun for me will be Fight Camps and developing my CAF online.

# 505 Stumbleweed @ 05/11/10 12:43 PM
@ that Frye vid

# 506 Jistic @ 05/11/10 01:15 PM
The demo was ok for me, but as someone who played the crap out of 2009, it just feels so much the same. I'm tired of sports games in general that are just the same crap every year....which is all sports games. I think I'll get this every few years instead.

# 507 Jukeman @ 05/11/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I am the one KO'ing the CPU....Thats my gripe....constantly KO'ing the CPU...Thats what bothers my...Could make career mode kinda weak.

I dont have any real plans of playing online cept for here and there with friends.
Yeah, I really don't think these guys are reading post, just blindly defending....

They wont hear anything about KO's from me again until the retail is here...

# 508 Jukeman @ 05/11/10 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Really? Because the second I played the demo it felt like a completely new game. I honestly don't see where it feels so much the same as 2009; The stand up feels entirely different, the ground is way different, the clinch game, the fence, etc, etc.

Other than submissions it feels nothing like 2009 to me.
yea the game is def different..

It reminds me of the jump Madden 94 had to 95 and Sonic 1 to Sonic 2...

# 509 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/11/10 08:45 PM
just played the demo, and this game is going to own my soul, I loved every minute of the Demo.

# 510 Salhus @ 05/11/10 08:57 PM
2010 is a whole new game compared to 2009

# 511 DavonBrown @ 05/12/10 12:31 AM
PLEASE THQ LISTEN TO THIS!

When I first loaded up the demo I was in love and the next day I went and fully paid for my copy of the game at my local Game Stop. The more I play, the more I want to go get my money back. Here are my four biggest issues that I think can be patched in the retail version.

1. STAMINA- I lose a ton of energy when my OPPONENT transitions in the clinch or on the ground, when I reverse a transition on the ground, or when I throw a couple of weak punches from Mount Up and it takes a couple of seconds for the bar to completely refill. But Rampage or Rashad can throw LB signature punches for a full round without being penalized stamina wise and the stamina they do lose is regained instantly. The only penalty is being open for a sway counter, but that is not unfair because some people like me would rather step back when the computer tries a wild punch instead of depending on the sway system. Please play one round of FIght Night Round 4 or check out some Youtube videos and watch how big of an affect stamina has on every fight. If you throw a haymaker, you lose a ton of stamina, especially if you miss the punch. It would definitely have a great affect on this game. It would punish those who throw signature punches all day and force players to pace themselves and use the jab more, which would drastically reduce flash knockouts. There is no way that I should lose more energy from my opponent transitioning than I do from missing five straight power punches.

2. GROUND GAME- As I said in the above post, it is crazy for me to lose stamina when my opponent is transitioning. The fighter attempting the transition should be the one losing stamina. Also, ratings should matter more on the ground. I can reverse Machida and Rua with Rampage all day and this should not be happening. The three transition glitch should be fixed as well. If I have my opponent in Mount, it is unfair that they can do three quick transitions to send me to Half Guard and not lose a ton of stamina in the process. Think Brock Lesnar vs. Kimbo Slice or George St. Pierre vs. Anthony Johnson. Brock and GSP should be able to take those guys down and hold them down for an entire round if they choose. That will be impossible to do with this three transition glitch. More stamina should be lost from a failed transition and it should not be regained instantly. Finally, fighters should not be stood up so fast. There should be a warning after twenty seconds another after forty and if the fighters still aren't being aggressive, stand the fight up after about a minute. This extra time spent on the ground would reduce the amount flash knockouts.

3. KNOCKOUTS- There are far too many knockouts this year. It is crazy how Rampage can take over ten head kicks before being rocked, but he can knock a fighter out with one counter shot. This needs to be fixed. Kicks should do more damage. Now I'm not saying that the damage that counter shot from Rampage inflicts should be reduced. I'm saying that instead of an instant knockout, the fighter should be rocked on the feet, rocked where he falls down and covers up, or simply knocked down. Knockouts are NOT very common in real life, but we see a ton of TKOs. It's the total opposite in this game. Please fix the ratio of knockdowns, rocked situations, and knockouts.

4. CLINCH- If the clinch game is just like the ground game, why isn't there passive transitioning? It would make the clinch game a much bigger factor in the match. As it is, if I get the Single Collar Tie on my opponent. I can not throw a punch because as soon as I do my opponent can transition to underhooks and push me away. If there was passive transitioning, the clinch game would be a bigger factor and fighters would spend more time there, which would also cut down on flash knockouts.

THQ if you fix these games I promise this game could win Game of the Year or at least Sports Game of the Year.

# 512 DavonBrown @ 05/12/10 01:10 AM
I said things from the demo that need to be fixed in the retail game. I wasn't picking it apart I was simply stating the MAJOR problems I'm seeing so that they can be brought to THQ's attention and fixed before launch or in a patch.

# 513 DavonBrown @ 05/12/10 01:13 AM
Yeah I've notice that too. At least last year you could pin the back of your opponent's head on the cage and do damage, but all I see the cage being used for is sweeps from the bottom.

# 514 Jukeman @ 05/12/10 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
PLEASE THQ LISTEN TO THIS!

When I first loaded up the demo I was in love and the next day I went and fully paid for my copy of the game at my local Game Stop. The more I play, the more I want to go get my money back. Here are my four biggest issues that I think can be patched in the retail version.

1. STAMINA- I lose a ton of energy when my OPPONENT transitions in the clinch or on the ground, when I reverse a transition on the ground, or when I throw a couple of weak punches from Mount Up and it takes a couple of seconds for the bar to completely refill. But Rampage or Rashad can throw LB signature punches for a full round without being penalized stamina wise and the stamina they do lose is regained instantly. The only penalty is being open for a sway counter, but that is not unfair because some people like me would rather step back when the computer tries a wild punch instead of depending on the sway system. Please play one round of FIght Night Round 4 or check out some Youtube videos and watch how big of an affect stamina has on every fight. If you throw a haymaker, you lose a ton of stamina, especially if you miss the punch. It would definitely have a great affect on this game. It would punish those who throw signature punches all day and force players to pace themselves and use the jab more, which would drastically reduce flash knockouts. There is no way that I should lose more energy from my opponent transitioning than I do from missing five straight power punches.

2. GROUND GAME- As I said in the above post, it is crazy for me to lose stamina when my opponent is transitioning. The fighter attempting the transition should be the one losing stamina. Also, ratings should matter more on the ground. I can reverse Machida and Rua with Rampage all day and this should not be happening. The three transition glitch should be fixed as well. If I have my opponent in Mount, it is unfair that they can do three quick transitions to send me to Half Guard and not lose a ton of stamina in the process. Think Brock Lesnar vs. Kimbo Slice or George St. Pierre vs. Anthony Johnson. Brock and GSP should be able to take those guys down and hold them down for an entire round if they choose. That will be impossible to do with this three transition glitch. More stamina should be lost from a failed transition and it should not be regained instantly. Finally, fighters should not be stood up so fast. There should be a warning after twenty seconds another after forty and if the fighters still aren't being aggressive, stand the fight up after about a minute. This extra time spent on the ground would reduce the amount flash knockouts.

3. KNOCKOUTS- There are far too many knockouts this year. It is crazy how Rampage can take over ten head kicks before being rocked, but he can knock a fighter out with one counter shot. This needs to be fixed. Kicks should do more damage. Now I'm not saying that the damage that counter shot from Rampage inflicts should be reduced. I'm saying that instead of an instant knockout, the fighter should be rocked on the feet, rocked where he falls down and covers up, or simply knocked down. Knockouts are NOT very common in real life, but we see a ton of TKOs. It's the total opposite in this game. Please fix the ratio of knockdowns, rocked situations, and knockouts.

4. CLINCH- If the clinch game is just like the ground game, why isn't there passive transitioning? It would make the clinch game a much bigger factor in the match. As it is, if I get the Single Collar Tie on my opponent. I can not throw a punch because as soon as I do my opponent can transition to underhooks and push me away. If there was passive transitioning, the clinch game would be a bigger factor and fighters would spend more time there, which would also cut down on flash knockouts.

THQ if you fix these games I promise this game could win Game of the Year or at least Sports Game of the Year.
Great Post

# 515 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/12/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
You were able to move your opponent on the ground in last year's version. I don't really see the advantage you gain by moving your opponent to the fence when you're on top. The only cage interaction I've seen on the ground is the guy on the bottom wall walking to sweep the top guy over.
you can set the guy up so when you get kicked off, you can be able to clinch and immediately press him against the cage. If you can't see the advantage in that...

# 516 Jukeman @ 05/12/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
you can set the guy up so when you get kicked off, you can be able to clinch and immediately press him against the cage. If you can't see the advantage in that...
I think he's talking about on the ground

# 517 TheShizNo1 @ 05/12/10 02:35 PM
After playing against a friend and not the CPU, the KO's seem more tamed and realistic

# 518 sb24 @ 05/12/10 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
After playing against a friend and not the CPU, the KO's seem more tamed and realistic
Yea the cpu is terrible but fighting a friend it seems right.

# 519 Stumbleweed @ 05/12/10 02:58 PM
I noticed that too... my friend and I had 2 very good fights in the short time we played against each other. Seemed very realistic (neither of us is a LB special attack spammer, etc.)... one ended in a TKO after a series of brutal uppercuts against the fence and the other ended with a hard-fought decision after neither of us got rocked throughout the fight (Shogun/Machida). I want to test it some more, but for people who are playing online or offline against friends, this seems like it'll be more fun than last year simply because there are more options both in move lists and with actual gameplay interactions (sub switching, flash subs, cage interaction, special transitions)...

# 520 Stumbleweed @ 05/12/10 03:30 PM
It's important to keep in mind that demos are often made from early code (sometimes up to 5 months in advance) that is often nerfed in important ways or otherwise tweaked for the dmeo experience rather than a full game. I can understand having second thoughts about the demo, but I definitely wouldn't mark the game off your list as a failure vs. the CPU until you've gotten to play the retail on various difficulty levels and with different fighters. I would imagine that if they offer any kind of sliders (anyone heard anything on that?), all of these problems could be easily tweaked to your liking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.