Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Jukeman @ 04/30/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
The other thing I noticed aside from the quick flash KOs and ref standups is how quickly cuts seem to develop very early in the fight. I took down Rampage early in the first with 'Shad and hit him with an elbow that cut him right open on the first shot. I hope they tone it down a little bit, though I haven't seen any that were horrible-looking to where it stopped the fight or anything. Just kinda thought it was strange how quickly the happened, it was probably 9 out of 10 fights where there was a cut on one of us in the irst round.
yea I've noticed that too..

In one of my fights against Rampage, he had me beat the moment the match started, took me down and I landed a couple of shots the his face...Couple mins later he KO'd me but I noticed he(Rampage) had a giant lump on his eye after only 2 hits(lol I only landed two shots)

didnt really bother me tho becuz I saw that happen in real life...

Also I find that the ref wont stand us up if both fighters are trading punches but if both fighters are just trying to transition, the ref will come..

# 162 DaoudS @ 04/30/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
The other thing I noticed aside from the quick flash KOs and ref standups is how quickly cuts seem to develop very early in the fight. I took down Rampage early in the first with 'Shad and hit him with an elbow that cut him right open on the first shot. I hope they tone it down a little bit, though I haven't seen any that were horrible-looking to where it stopped the fight or anything. Just kinda thought it was strange how quickly the happened, it was probably 9 out of 10 fights where there was a cut on one of us in the first round.
yeah i noticed that as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
if your getting flash KOs from a jab that is a problem - I've personally yet to KO anyone with a jab or a cross for that matter
I think they have toned up somethings for the meat heads out there. I fully expect things to be tapered down quite a bit with the actual release.

# 163 Stumbleweed @ 04/30/10 02:35 PM
Yeah, just like any demo, I expect it may be modified code to emphasize action or simply not really finished/tweaked the way it will be in the final. I'm not worried about the game at all, it seems like it'll be a lot more fun and have more variety in situations than last year's game. The ground game especially seems nicer, I can't wait to get off stupid work so I can go home and try it some more (especially now that I know about the LS posture up stuff)...

# 164 Jukeman @ 04/30/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Jukeman, I beat Rampage but I would just counter him. If I would start going in wildly he'd beat the snot out of me. If I ever felt I was in danger I'd try and go for a take down or push him against the fence. You can use leg kicks to keep him at a distance as well.
Was this on Expert?

From reading this thread it seem like expert is the way to go...I mean with the cpu being able to block and counter well

it kind of remind me of my FNR4 sliders, like you said, if you attack wildly, you're bound to get KO'd...

How did your fight end?

# 165 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
yeah i noticed that as well

I think they have toned up somethings for the meat heads out there. I fully expect things to be tapered down quite a bit with the actual release.
I hear ya - im one of the meatheads - I like the frequency of KOs so far

# 166 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Was this on Expert?

From reading this thread it seem like expert is the way to go...I mean with the cpu being able to block and counter well

it kind of remind me of my FNR4 sliders, like you said, if you attack wildly, you're bound to get KO'd...

How did your fight end?
No I'm still trying to get a feel for the game, I'm sure it's tougher on expert.

# 167 TheShizNo1 @ 04/30/10 03:27 PM
I'm playing on Advanced and can't buy a win. They charge after me and I don't know what to do lol. There's been a couple times I was hanging w/ Michdo w/ Rua, but as soon as I'd go for a jab or leg kick, Mochido would high kick me knocking me out

# 168 XFactah416 @ 04/30/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I was trying my best to take a fight decision, and can't. I have gotten like 4 flash KOs with a jab - its pretty ********.
Really?

Play on Expert. Every single match that I've won has been via decision on Expert..

Lyoto is hittable, although not as hittable as say Rampage. I like that a lot actually. But I'm beginning to think the standup will consist of strictly leg kicks and wearing down an opponent rather then exchanging 1-2s with the CPU.. because good lord, exchanging with the CPU is like death.

# 169 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/30/10 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
HOW THE ****** do you beat Machida?

I'm on advanced and I swear this MFer blocks and ducks every punch, reverses all my transitions and eventually knocks me out. What's the best tactic against him somebody please tell me?

noone irl has figured this out yet either. i can barely sub people on beginner. i suck at the shine

# 170 trockz2000 @ 04/30/10 03:46 PM
i'm on expert and i beat machita with evans, rua and rampage. pay attention to each players ratings and use that to you advantage. fight your fighters fight. pound him with rampage or evans, and grapple attack with rua

# 171 Jukeman @ 04/30/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Leg kick him for 5 rounds then waive around fightmetric stats on the internet even though the judges said you lost.

Anyone having a problem with his takedowns? There's complaints everywhere else that they're unstoppable giving or reciving.

Am I the only one that tried CPU vs. CPU and only saw unrealistic non-sense? It's like every fight is Sanchez/Guida or Griffin/Bonnar x5. That was on expert. I tried one on beginner and it seemed a bit more realistic.

Too bad this game doesn't have sliders or anything like that.

Speed -70
KO power -80
Ref stand ups -95 (or +95 depending how you're looking at it)
AI agressiveness -50

Then it'd be great. As is I feel like I should be inserting quaters after every fight to play the next one. There doesn't seem to be any pacing,I try to play with some but they just keep coming (that's yet to work out for them,I'll try some of the other difficulties besides whatever the default was and hope that makes a difference) and you can't GSP someone and you sure as heck can't Jon Fitch someone.
Yea begginer for cpu vs cpu was great, too bad the match was ruined by a flash KO....

At this rate im seeing on the boards, I think we can drop the word "Flash"

# 172 godylla @ 04/30/10 04:16 PM
Can someone explain how to transition submissions from one to the other. I'm having a little difficulty figuring it out.

# 173 Stumbleweed @ 04/30/10 04:33 PM
You're supposed to just reverse the direction that you're "shining", so if you start out with a clockwise spin, flip it around the other direction when you want to try a different sub. Note that I haven't actually performed this in my limited time with the game, but that was my understanding after seeing those pre-release videos.

# 174 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Leg kick him for 5 rounds then waive around fightmetric stats on the internet even though the judges said you lost.

Anyone having a problem with his takedowns? There's complaints everywhere else that they're unstoppable giving or reciving.

Am I the only one that tried CPU vs. CPU and only saw unrealistic non-sense? It's like every fight is Sanchez/Guida or Griffin/Bonnar x5. That was on expert. I tried one on beginner and it seemed a bit more realistic.

Too bad this game doesn't have sliders or anything like that.

Speed -70
KO power -80
Ref stand ups -95 (or +95 depending how you're looking at it)
AI agressiveness -50

Then it'd be great. As is I feel like I should be inserting quaters after every fight to play the next one. There doesn't seem to be any pacing,I try to play with some but they just keep coming (that's yet to work out for them,I'll try some of the other difficulties besides whatever the default was and hope that makes a difference) and you can't GSP someone and you sure as heck can't Jon Fitch someone.
My Lyoto/Rampage fight was pretty much a Fitch/GSP crawl pace. Get on top of Rampage, he won't try to transition or get you off of him, he'll just hold on until the Ref stands you up. Rinse and repeat.

(The ref should be standing us up, too, as Lyoto isn't able to transition when Rampage holds on..)

# 175 nyj721 @ 04/30/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
can you knock a guy out with a straight cross? or only hooks and uppercuts? I have yet to see a KO with a cross
Machida knocked me out with a straight cross but I think only certain fighters can do it.

# 176 p_rushing @ 04/30/10 05:28 PM
I was getting killed on Advanced, so I said let me see what happens on Expert. I did a tourney with Machida. I destroyed Rampage. I rocked him with an elbow comb that was brutal in round 1. I wasn't able to end the fight though. Then in round 2 I got mount and was able to open up and knocked him out. Then came Rau. It was back and forth in round 1. Both getting position on the ground and doing some damage. In round 2, I got him on the ground, got mount and did some damage. He got back up and we fought some more until I ended it with a kick to the head.

# 177 Vast @ 04/30/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
here's what i don't get (I'll pause like you said though)

lets say I had MT plum and the opponent transitions until he has double underhooks, then I transition maybe until I have double underhooks - at this point If I'm Rua, and I do a transition, I'm pretty sure that means I will attempt a takedown. I would like to try to transition from double underhooks to the plum though. I'm also unsure if I can transition block manually from the clinch and if the reason it seems so difficult is because I'm being transition countered from the clinch?

playing on advanced I've lit some people up, but against rampage it's useless it seems - I"m not sure if he's just transition spamming or if he's countering (clinch sweep).

I'm really getting a good hold of everything else and able to win on advanced now - I still stand behind thinking it's ridiculous that you can't 1-2 though,...if that was there and the controls were as responsive as last year it would be a legendary game.
You can still definitely 1-2. but you shouldn't throw it until you see an opening. I knocked Rampage the **** out with a counter 1-2. it was freaking awesome.
I also got knocked out by rampage with an uppercut that almost lifted me off the floor, it was a thing of beauty.

I think stamina might be turned off in the demo, not sure because last year you could only throw so many punches before you got gassed.
That doesn't seem to be happening in this demo. Which is why Rampage on Expert is a Uber beast. I have yet to get close to beating him on expert.

There was also a quick oh **** moment when I tried slamming Rampage with Rua from the clinch and he ended up landing on top of me in the mount position. Within seconds he was pounding my face in for a TKO.
It happened in the blink of an eye. Soo realisic, and did not see it last year.

# 178 Stumbleweed @ 04/30/10 05:49 PM
Yeah I love how the ratings matter... it was very tough to take Rashad down with anyone but Rampage unless I caught him swinging or kicking and got the auto-takedown. Machida wasn't tackling anyone, which is cool. Noticed the ratings on the ground as well... like others have said, Rampage wants NONE of the ground game, pretty cool how differently they all act. Can't wait to try out the full roster and see what special moves and transitions guys have.

# 179 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 05:50 PM
Guys, I think the demo speed is accelerated..Check out how fast the clock is moving during the rounds, I wonder if something messed up during the demo creation...

# 180 p_rushing @ 04/30/10 05:50 PM
I'm getting better results on expert. Clinch battle is better, but still there are too many takedown attempts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.