Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mestevo @ 05/21/10 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
After playing some more I think Hard is the way to go, CPU plays smarter and it feels fair. CPU doesn't feel overpowered on Hard at all.

Not sure if anybody saw this yet, but I just saw a couple of cut scenes in the game I just played where guys were jawing at each other.
Does playing on hard fix the roughing the punter 100% of the time thing (only played on easy and medium before I had to pack up my 360 to take rock band and instruments to work)?

Pretty fun, look forward to playing it more over the weekend and getting used to the controls some more. I'm not sure I've successfully fielded a punt/kickoff yet, lol.

# 102 Triathlete_201 @ 05/21/10 11:24 AM
Sorry if it's already been asked, but how do you intercept and swat a pass? What button do you press?

# 103 spankdatazz22 @ 05/21/10 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
I don't want EA anywhere near 505 or this engine... Let them build this game up from what it is to the be on par with EA. And let EA innovate themselves. Only then will the gamer be rewarded.
Agreed

# 104 SouthernBrick @ 05/21/10 11:26 AM
It's just tackle alley but, i don't think there have been enough comment on pursuit angles.

I've been just running down the sidelines and at least in tackle alley(which is the only thing i've played so far) they have great pursuit angles.

Also I just seen a guy level me and we slide about 5 feet out of bounds. WOW......I'm only 4 or 5 minutes in and words just don't do justice for the kind of tackles I'm seeing.

And don't worry I've seen plenty of wrap tackles but, when the the defender gets a good angle on you and your both running at full speed. Well...I can let you guess what will happen.

Wow AGAIN. I just drug a guy for a couple yards. He was late coming in and he grabbed my waist but, just couldn't quite get a hold of me as I ran past him.

I will say this though the ball carrier isn't as slow as I thought.

# 105 Jrocc23 @ 05/21/10 11:26 AM
One little thing I dont like about defense is that when the ball snaps, you dont really know what player you switched too because everything is going so fast. I just wish they had the little circle like in Madden, showing you the name so I could be more aware of what guy I am on because I would have to move around just to see what person I have,

# 106 NoDakHusker @ 05/21/10 11:27 AM
WOW something cool just happened. I punted the ball away and switched to player who was closing in fast to the returner, I was ready to destroy him as soon as he got the ball...but he muffed it, bounced off his leg and into my player's arms!

# 107 rooney8 @ 05/21/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
If only EA and 505 would come together and combine the best parts of both games to give us the ultimate football game. Sadly this will never happen.
I don't want EA to take over BB. That would not be good.

I notice with the thread ratings here for BB as soon as someone rates a thread 5 stars someone else gives it 1 star. Someone really doesn't like this game being around.

# 108 NoDakHusker @ 05/21/10 11:32 AM
Finally got it to upload...here's part 1 of 3.

# 109 mgoblue678 @ 05/21/10 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Does playing on hard fix the roughing the punter 100% of the time thing (only played on easy and medium before I had to pack up my 360 to take rock band and instruments to work)?

Pretty fun, look forward to playing it more over the weekend and getting used to the controls some more. I'm not sure I've successfully fielded a punt/kickoff yet, lol.
I was having trouble fielding punts and kickoffs at first as well. I realized the circle you see actually turns from red to green when you are in position to field it. I haven't missed one since realizing that. That should help you as well.

# 110 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/21/10 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
One question for the BB experts:

Is there a reason why they are not giving us an option for a traditional camera angle?

Imo, this could be the best football game ever made with a better camera angle.
Yea I really do agree with you on that my friend. I know they wanted to give fans the feel of been on the field and not having a God like view and all. But I think they should of aleast gave us a few more Cam. angle options for people who didn't wamt this Cam. Angle they currently have in the game. It is very hard to use to and all. It also gives me a big headache and all. But for me the game is a renter right now. The game overall is a solid game. But for BB2 they really need to give fans more Cam. options to choice from.

# 111 Danimal @ 05/21/10 11:41 AM
Hey Guys,

This is an impressions thread. That means we post impression, discuss the game and maybe ask a question or two.

What it does not mean is:

1. When someone post an impression you don't agree with you attack them, discussion is fine. Attacking people is not.

2. There is no need for a discussion on the evils of EA and BB combining etc. You want to say you'll enjoy this more then another game or even compare how the game does something different that's fine. Just keep it on topic.

Enjoy the demo, discuss it to your hearts content but any trolling will be dealt with. We are not going to be doing the game war in this thread.

An curse all of you because I am at work and won't get to try this until tonight

# 112 booker21 @ 05/21/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Only gold right now. Silver can DL it May 28th.
thanks! by then i´ll have it available at PSN on PS3.

# 113 bkrich83 @ 05/21/10 11:45 AM
Couple of very quick impressions as I really didn't get to spend much time with the game.

Still not feeling the camera angle. Maybe it will grow on me, but I really am not enjoying it.

Animations are fabulous. So varied, makes the game feel very organic.

Still HATE the QB drop and throw animations and really don't like the kick/punt animations either. They just don't look right. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance I guess.

Graphically the game looks amazing, imo.

Very satisfying dropping the hammer on someone. I actually like the auto-replays I think they are well done.

Ratings really seem to matter. I like that.

Not a fan of the passing mechanic yet. Again, like the camera angle maybe it will grow on me, but right now not liking it.

Still really dislike the player models. I know it's petty but they are just so oversized they make the players feel stiff at times. Just not a fan

Overall I would say my impressions are favorable, and with more time with the game, could be even more favorable. This weekend I will try to get some quality time with the demo.

# 114 Jistic @ 05/21/10 11:50 AM
How long are the quarters in the demo?

# 115 NoDakHusker @ 05/21/10 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
How long are the quarters in the demo?
2 minutes and you play 2 quarters

# 116 Linuxx @ 05/21/10 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Finally got it to upload...here's part 1 of 3.

That was great!! thanks for posting it!!

# 117 statnut @ 05/21/10 11:53 AM
Any tips for lob passing? I can not get it.

# 118 mgoblue678 @ 05/21/10 11:56 AM
One thing I noticed with all the teams in the demo is none of them have a stripe on there helmet. The option to add stripes to created teams helmets is in the game, correct?

# 119 RaiderKtulu @ 05/21/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Any tips for lob passing? I can not get it.
I had that issue with the training drill thing too. I think it just wants a certain amount of distance between the WR and any other defenders for it to count. When I finally did pass the drill, it was the same pass animation and sound effects that I'd gotten multiple times before.

# 120 TracerBullet @ 05/21/10 11:57 AM
Has anyone seen the WR drag his feet to make a catch yet? I haven't but there were some plays I felt that they should have tried to at least.

Also I'm loving the right stick moves. I'm glad all of the football games this year will have them.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.