Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1021 mestevo @ 06/14/10 11:29 PM
As of Thursday Rob hasn't posted on the forums in 2 weeks, and on Friday it will be 3 weeks since he's posted in the 'PS3 situation' thread.

He is the PR and Marketing manager, that is the guy you should be getting updates from, and you've gotten nothing, it's amazing. Heck, they CLOSED the sticky about it, without saying why (presumably so upset people would stop venting in it).

# 1022 mestevo @ 06/15/10 05:51 PM
Havent looked to see if it was true, but apparently they've released a press release saying it's out on PSN - http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressr..._AVAILABLE.php

# 1023 CurryStorm @ 06/15/10 06:26 PM
The demo is out on PSN. I'm downloading it right now.

# 1024 bcruise @ 06/15/10 07:00 PM
Er...isn't the BB demo 60 frames per second on the 360? Because it doesn't look like it is on the PS3...

It just seems slower than the videos of the 360 that I've seen.

# 1025 CurryStorm @ 06/15/10 08:26 PM
I've only played 2 games on the demo thus far, but the game is just plain fun.

# 1026 Blzer @ 06/15/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Er...isn't the BB demo 60 frames per second on the 360? Because it doesn't look like it is on the PS3...

It just seems slower than the videos of the 360 that I've seen.
I think it's 60 FPS, but the slowdown doesn't help it much.

But yeah, I saw 360 videos and wondered why mine ran so much more slowly. PS3 owners got shafted, despite what the person said in the interview.

# 1027 TreyIM2 @ 06/15/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
The demo is out on PSN. I'm downloading it right now.
I TOTALLY forgot to check the PSN for new releases when I got home a couple hours ago but I'm on it now and downloading Backbreaker. IT'S FINALLY ON THE PS3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Lol. Bout damn time, for real.

# 1028 ChicagoNVA @ 06/16/10 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky454
I guess my review on this forum is the first one for the ps3 demo. So here's a review from a sim gamer.

Final thoughts.
The demo and retail versions of backbreaker are unplayable until a patch is released for the offensive line. They simply do not block on pass plays. I would not recommend anyone spend $44.99 on this game until a patch is released. There are also issues with the a.i. quarterback being terrible at making reads and passes that need to be patched. Backbreaker seems to have the opposite problems that other games have had. Instead of too much time in the pocket and a cpu controlled quarterback that is impossible to stop, Backbreaker is the opposite, too little time in the pocket and a cpu controlled quarterback that is not very intelligent.
I have ps3 retail version, pass blocking is just fine. I consistently can sit in the pocket and have time to throw... time and time again. Just my $.02

# 1029 DJ @ 06/16/10 01:17 PM
Just got the PS3 demo and I am impressed. I actually did pretty well passing the ball and I love the running game. Defense also is a blast to play, as the camera angle really adds a new layer of depth.

I'm still on the fence about picking this up at full price, so perhaps I'll wait to see if it goes on sale. I know I will buy it at some point though.

# 1030 mestevo @ 06/16/10 01:56 PM
The biggest problem with the passing game IMO is it doesn't scale well. Bad QBs are worse than bad, and degrade to the point where they wouldn't start on a high school team. In every football game ever created a poor QB usually just means you have to settle for the wide open safe throws, and in BB a poor QB means the ball lands as far as 15 yards from your intended target.

I had no problems passing and was having 200+ yard games in the relatively short demo, but then started a Road to Backbreaker game and it guts your team so that you have to work your way up and didn't have 200 yards passing in my first 3 games combined. I went several games calling exclusively running plays, bought a good QB, and now I am passing for 300 yards/game.

Bad QBs should have limited amount of focus per play/drive, or a more claustrophobic camera to simulate a lack of awareness, not simply be bad beyond the point of wondering how they'd ever become a QB even in a fictional league.

# 1031 jared52 @ 06/16/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Not sure I am able to post my impressions without getting a trolling ban.
I just played the demo myself and I concur.

# 1032 jared52 @ 06/17/10 09:59 AM
Ok, I'll give my thoughts.

It's unplayable for me. My first game the CPU threw an INT on every possession, got sacked 2 times a drive and missed wide open WRs. Every time I get a handoff or a pitch, my runner goes backward or sideways when I am pushing up on the stick, I feel I have no control of him. The tackles are cool in the replay but you can't see them live because of the camera angle, I couldn't see anything live really.

I'm glad some of you have the other option you desire but for me, it's not even football.

On a positive note, I like the kicking having some built in inaccuracy with the arrow swaying like it does. I would be fine if it actually swayed more.

# 1033 DJ @ 06/17/10 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
now, while INTs still happen in the final release game.......it is not as much for me because I play the best teams...imo, that makes a difference...

this is where NM messed up on their Demo....making it only 2QTRs....so if by chance someone plays against a BB team that has a low focused QB...it will bring up horrible results because in a 2min game, the CPU will try to throw alot more than it should....when it should be a balanced team or more run orientated team.....

so I don't know if you have tried.....but try playing against Indianapolis on medium or hard....it should yield better results, but still in a 2min game the CPU QB acts wonky.....well at least more wonky than the final released game....

in the full game, I play against the best teams when facing the CPU and usually get pretty tough games....i can't f around, and if I blitz and don't get there....CPU does a good job of popping me for a big gain....but that is just with the really good teams....the ones that are average to bad, will get embarrassed if you put constant pressure on them.
I did just that and definitely noticed a difference. I was Charleston, I think, against Indy and got lit up by its QB in the demo. I then swapped teams and Charleston really struggled to move the ball against my D, while I was much more effective on offense.

# 1034 lasthour @ 06/18/10 05:02 PM
This game make you focus the entire game. Every decision counts. Every big play counts. Every mistake....Counts. Stay conservative early and then....BOOM make a play.

# 1035 JkA3 @ 06/21/10 12:58 PM
After finally playing the demo on PS3, I can say that I'm surprised this game got as much hype as it did. I can't see this game making it more than 2 years. There's no reason for a person to play this game, especially with the other titles on the market. I'll give it a 6 out of 10.

# 1036 mestevo @ 06/22/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
^^I don't think gamers who like this game care what rating you gave it .^^^
Since it's the impressions thread, I suspect people who are looking for impressions are going to care what rating people give it.

# 1037 stiffarmleft @ 06/24/10 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
funny, I think he gave it a pretty high score....for a game that "There's no reason for a person to play this game".....lol

but seriously, I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying this football game....I just want to keep playing it, play after play.... I'm finally starting to understand which runs to call on which plays.....as well as when to call fake snaps to slow down the dline...sometimes it seems like they get in a roll and they are just barging through........but one thing for sure, if they seem to be getting a pretty good push on your plays... DO NOT CALL A Pro Form - formation....in that formation as soon as you hike it you have to move alittle in a angle...if you drop straight back pressure seems to get through.... I move in an angle to the left or right and adjust to what the dline is doing....then look to pass...

if they are getting pretty good push on the oline, I call shotgun plays and some screens.... with shotgun plays, remember not to drop back to pass, actually step up alittle....the D-ends will get good angles on you if you drop further back....and you'll get sacked pretty quick.
Exactly what I have noticed too, that's the great thing about this game, the nuanced game play. I can't be on cruise control when I play, I have to really pay attention to everything. The more I play the more I appreciate the game, it has plenty of flaws but when everything is clicking right, it's one of the best playing football game I've played.

# 1038 KingCashus @ 06/25/10 03:19 AM
FINALLY got a chance to play this game since it just got put on the Playstation Store.

Overall Impression: Game is bada**. From the hits, to the passing and running game. I love it. Once i figured out that i used the l-stick a little too much when passing(which lead to unwanted lead passes which always went overthrown), I had a hell of a time playing this game. It just feels right.

# 1039 KabutoRyder @ 07/13/10 01:29 PM
Maybe I am just too used to Madden...but the view and controls didn't feel right to me, even when I got the controls down, the camera view was disorienting as hell.

# 1040 mcdowell31 @ 07/14/10 10:04 AM
Just getting to Back Breaker: After reading the initial reviews about lack of stamina for players, I thought the game would be a waste of time. Obviously, the Euphoria engine is fantastic: It's fun, different, and pretty intuitive.

Still, with what I've read so far about this game and production company, I'd like to see 2K purchase the Euphoria engine and update 2K Football again. If 2K would listen to their audience next time around, and produce an updated yet customizable version of NFL 2K, they might find surprising success despite the lack of player license.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.