Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 961 Daudr @ 05/27/10 04:52 PM
So many people gushing about the positives, so I thought I would talk about the things that are big problems for me, and they tend to be similar issues in other football games:

1. There are way, way too many interceptions - thrown by both me and the CPU. I'm sure I can cut down on mine after I get a better feel for the passing game, but the CPU throwing them all the time on such short quarters is very disturbing.

2. The CPU can't run the ball very well. This seems to be something that no game can get right for some reason.

3. I see a lot of people taking linebackers wide and blitzing to have great success versus the pass. The CPU does not seem to make any blocking adjustments to avoid the problem.

On another note - how exactly do you pull off the stupid lob pass? I managed to do it one time, but it was a fluke because I have no idea what I did and it did not feel any different from the million other attempts. The picture makes it look like you pull back on the right stick and then either release it or push it up, but that does not work for me. Any tips on that aspect would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting the game, but if it was full price I probably wouldn't. $49.99 plus a $20 off card I got from Amazon for buying Red Dead make this a no-brainer if for nothing else than to have a new football game.

# 962 Methlab @ 05/27/10 05:23 PM
A lot of those AI issues you mentioned do not appear in the final game. Many of us just watched a stream of it and a lot of the demo issues are gone.

# 963 gr18 @ 05/27/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
A lot of those AI issues you mentioned do not appear in the final game. Many of us just watched a stream of it and a lot of the demo issues are gone.
I missed the stream.Tell me,how were the cpu int's?How many minutes of gameplay?

# 964 mgoblue678 @ 05/27/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Sure hope that is the case, if it is I will have a blast with the game.

# 965 gr18 @ 05/27/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Short & sweet

Positives - players look and move great... Some spectacular animation

Negatives - everything else

The BB demo is like the initial excitement u feel after meeting a really hot girl, but after talking to her for a little while, u realize she's not at all worth your time.
The thing is;

You're still talking about the demo while a handful of people actually have the game right now.The last few posts are about 'the actual game' not the demo.The demo is for all intents and purposes dead right now.Now if you saw the stream and want to give an unbiased opinion.....

# 966 23 @ 05/27/10 06:16 PM
Watch the name calling fellas

# 967 23 @ 05/27/10 06:40 PM
Enough man, just keep on the topic which is the game

# 968 monstajam @ 05/28/10 07:18 AM
This is weird.....Demo should be available to xbox silver members today. I tried to download it
but it says exclusive for gold members only. Even though it does'nt have the little red circle with the line through it...weird.

# 969 Caventer @ 05/28/10 08:08 AM
I hate it.....I wanted bad to like it....but seeing as how the CPU AI is terrible on BOTH sides of the ball, why would I buy this?? Anyone??

# 970 mgoblue678 @ 05/28/10 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
I hate it.....I wanted bad to like it....but seeing as how the CPU AI is terrible on BOTH sides of the ball, why would I buy this?? Anyone??
Both sides of the ball? Not sure if your playing on hard or what teams your using but the CPU AI defense is fine and actually pretty good. CPU AI offense is the problem.

# 971 monstajam @ 05/28/10 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstajam
This is weird.....Demo should be available to xbox silver members today. I tried to download it
but it says exclusive for gold members only. Even though it does'nt have the little red circle with the line through it...weird.
Anybody else having this problem?

# 972 DaveDQ @ 05/28/10 09:19 AM
I'm pretty impressed with the demo. There are going to be issues with this game. It's their first attempt but what they are accomplishing with player interaction is highly impressive.

It's not perfect by any means, but compare this demo alone to any football game ever released and the BB team come out doing some things much better.

# 973 Methlab @ 05/28/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
If you like to play online, you won't care. Also the AI is not "terrible" on both sides. I think human vs human is going to be awesome. The computer AI is pretty bad so far when it comes to QBs, but the defense is not terrible.

That being said..how do we know that it is not like Tecmo Bowl where the AI sucks for a while but gets tougher and tougher the deeper the season gets?

# 974 lasthour @ 05/28/10 11:01 AM
Dude you just read my mind! That is exactly what I was thinking, the CPU may ramp up as the season goes on or it my get better as you get better.

# 975 tybud @ 05/28/10 11:31 AM
why is it that the game plays alot smoother and faster on arcade mode. everything is alot better from the the Qb drops back, the tackling, just everything about the game beautiful in arcade mode. not to say that the other modes are not nice, but arcade is off the hook, and its not over the top stuff happening it actually gives you a better feel of the sport, check it and hit back. yes sir

# 976 bonbonan @ 05/28/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybud
why is it that the game plays alot smoother and faster on arcade mode. everything is alot better from the the Qb drops back, the tackling, just everything about the game beautiful in arcade mode. not to say that the other modes are not nice, but arcade is off the hook, and its not over the top stuff happening it actually gives you a better feel of the sport, check it and hit back. yes sir
I would say the arcade mode will more interesting than the normal mode.

# 977 Methlab @ 05/28/10 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybud
Really? I need to check this out. I literally never once played the game in arcade mode.

# 978 mestevo @ 05/28/10 02:21 PM
Can someone confirm there are no ages on any players?

# 979 matthewk @ 05/28/10 04:56 PM
I'm on the PS3, so no demo. Quick question. Has the camera made anyone seasick? I can't play 1st person games due to nausea, and even some 3rd person games make me a little quezy. I'm hoping the BB camera doesn't have this affect.

# 980 mestevo @ 05/28/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I'm on the PS3, so no demo. Quick question. Has the camera made anyone seasick? I can't play 1st person games due to nausea, and even some 3rd person games make me a little quezy. I'm hoping the BB camera doesn't have this affect.
It was mentioned early in the thread, yeah. My wife can't watch me play for the same reason.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.