Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 901 swaldo @ 05/26/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
Expect the game to feel mediocre at first (at least I did), but after doing all the practice sessions once, playing tackle alley 4 times, and playing 10 exhibition matches it's now a first day buy. The more you play it, the more you like it.
Nice breakdown and props on the shiny new XBOX (I actually love their controller but I have big hands so maybe that's why.)

Apex actually mentioned that in one of his recent videos - how with other football games you think it's the best thing ever on day one, but then you see all of it's flaws and it turns into a coaster. It's the opposite with BB, the flaws are right there in front of you and unfortunately alot of people will just put it down and not give it a second chance.

This game really grows on you, it does for me anyway. It gets better the more you learn how to do things, and even if the AI is messed up in ways the tackling and "on the field" experience is revolutionary. I didn't expect something like this to come along until PS4, I just hope that NM forgets the bells & whistles and focuses on improving the AI. Lay the foundation first then build it up.

# 902 sb24 @ 05/26/10 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
I still hate it and think I'll be much better once I'm back on my PS3 controller...
I found your comment about how awful the 360 layout is pretty funny because I remebered this thread a while back. http://osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413027

# 903 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/26/10 12:25 PM
I'm dieing here, when is PSN going to give us the crack?

# 904 swaldo @ 05/26/10 12:40 PM
So I'm playing against the Spartans (best offense) and they have the ball at my 1 yard line with a first and goal to go.

1st down: Run off tackle -3 yards.
2nd down: Pass Incomplete
3rd down: Pass Incomplete
4th down: Pass Intercepted

Devs, if you're listening - short yardage situations are a HUGE part of football. Those third and one, 4th and inches make or break games. The computer needs to be better than this.

Of course goal line stands do happen in real life and are awesome. But I haven't heard too much about short yardage offense & defense interaction in this thread. What are your experiences?

# 905 Tokyo-Night @ 05/26/10 12:44 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER.

HERE COME BB NFL 2012

# 906 Skyboxer @ 05/26/10 12:58 PM
Well I gave the game a fair shot. Some of it is fun but overall it needs a bit of tuning and refinement if this is how the retail will play.

I wish the BB group a successful launch and a bright future though.
Keep making the game better!

Peace!

# 907 drae2 @ 05/26/10 01:13 PM
Here's a question that maybe has been asked already. Does anyone know what build this demo is from? Is it an earlier build or a late build?

# 908 Methlab @ 05/26/10 01:22 PM
Every demo I have played has been smoked by the release.

Perfect example : the latest Battlefield. Real solid Demo, far better release.

Hell, look at how bad Madden and NCAA demos are. They are real boring each year compared to the release.

The BB demo downloaded so fast for me that I can not imagine we are seeing more then 20% of what this game brings to the table.

# 909 drae2 @ 05/26/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

Hell, look at how bad Madden and NCAA demos are. They are real boring each year compared to the release.

The BB demo downloaded so fast for me that I can not imagine we are seeing more then 20% of what this game brings to the table.

I hope you're right, because if this was a late build demo, Drae won't be buying it.

# 910 mestevo @ 05/26/10 01:44 PM
Quote:

You're referring to the Battlefield 2 open beta ? Most games that are a work in progress say as much when you fire up the demo, the only thing I expect to change at retail is some of the AI problems. That's assuming that like other games the CPU does try and force things more with the game winding down.

They haven't said anything about this being an earlier build, there's no reason to expect anything different at retail.

# 911 RaginCajun @ 05/26/10 02:09 PM
I would be amazed if the retail game is any different than what we have here.

# 912 blackscorpion11 @ 05/26/10 03:19 PM
I know a few things will be different at release, 54 more teams, all with different ratings..Team creation and franchise mode..

The gameplay is take it or leave it.

# 913 Methlab @ 05/26/10 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You're referring to the Battlefield 2 open beta ? Most games that are a work in progress say as much when you fire up the demo, the only thing I expect to change at retail is some of the AI problems. That's assuming that like other games the CPU does try and force things more with the game winding down.

They haven't said anything about this being an earlier build, there's no reason to expect anything different at retail.
I can't believe I am respnding to you because you just like to stir the pot and be negative. But an OS Mod already said that you are wrong multiple times. He, like most people, knows that a demo release is very rarely the exact final build. You can search in this forum for that discussion if you want to, or you can try, for once in your OS life to stop butting in with negative "devil's advocate" posts every time someone says something that coneys a ray of positivity about this game.

# 914 CaptainZombie @ 05/26/10 03:58 PM
Quote:

Quote:
I can't believe I am respnding to you because you just like to stir the pot and be negative. But an OS Mod already said that you are wrong multiple times. He, like most people, knows that a demo release is very rarely the exact final build. You can search in this forum for that discussion if you want to, or you can try, for once in your OS life to stop butting in with negative "devil's advocate" posts every time someone says something that coneys a ray of positivity about this game.
Mestevo, we already went through this topic last week with someone else. I wish I could find the page, but Methlab is correct.

# 915 kjcheezhead @ 05/26/10 04:01 PM
The demo memory size is 414 mb.

That includes 6 teams, exhibition games, training drills, and tackle alley. Just looking at that, I think there is a good chance the demo is a little watered down compared to the full version.

# 916 ZeeAyKay @ 05/26/10 04:43 PM
The Backbreaker forum just added a "support and feedback" section and one of the developers, Todd, is actually trying to answer all the questions.

People who have suggestions or concerns should post there. It would be awesome if someone would post a topic pertaining to the QB ineptitude as far as throwing INT's and getting sacked.

# 917 mestevo @ 05/26/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
I'm stirring the pot by pointing out facts, while people insist that the demo is watered down because of things like file size? The only thing that we should expect to be different in the demo is the CPU AI in the 4th quarter not instantly being put in hurry up. What's so difficult about that?

What do you guys think they lopped out for the demo? AI? UI elements to display mythical extra stats?

They've given us no reason to expect that the full game is not well represented by the demo, and any problems we experience won't be in at launch. Just setting yourself up for disappointment expecting otherwise. This isn't the Backbreaker beta, it's the Backbreaker demo, and this is the impressions thread, not a 'well what do we expect to be different from demo' thread so maybe one should be started?

# 918 mestevo @ 05/26/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeAyKay
The Backbreaker forum just added a "support and feedback" section and one of the developers, Todd, is actually trying to answer all the questions.

People who have suggestions or concerns should post there. It would be awesome if someone would post a topic pertaining to the QB ineptitude as far as throwing INT's and getting sacked.
Lots of good info on this already, some good stuff for the BB info thread... passing on the run not coming, CPU vs CPU being added to 'the list' of stuff they'd like to do, considering adding options to use the left and right bumper buttons to move from WR to WR while passing, adding a user jump/pick/swat would be very difficult so not being considered.

# 919 Methlab @ 05/26/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
I'm stirring the pot by pointing out facts, while people insist that the demo is watered down because of things like file size? The only thing that we should expect to be different in the demo is the CPU AI in the 4th quarter not instantly being put in hurry up. What's so difficult about that?

What do you guys think they lopped out for the demo? AI? UI elements to display mythical extra stats?

They've given us no reason to expect that the full game is not well represented by the demo, and any problems we experience won't be in at launch. Just setting yourself up for disappointment expecting otherwise. This isn't the Backbreaker beta, it's the Backbreaker demo, and this is the impressions thread, not a 'well what do we expect to be different from demo' thread so maybe one should be started?

You either don't really understand how demos are, even though it has been explained ad nauseaum or you are just trolling. Either way, I'm ignoring you, You have not done anything but be an irritant in this forum.

# 920 RaginCajun @ 05/26/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeAyKay

Didnt you hear? In the world of the BB league, high numbers of sacks and INTs are common place, thus this is a non-issue. This isnt the NFL here, so dont expect similar stats. Pretty wise move by the developers to consciously add in this gameplay feature.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.