Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 wickedbadman @ 05/21/10 06:23 AM

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

# 2 DakkoN @ 05/21/10 06:33 AM
Since the demo is now officially released, post all impressions here.

# 3 wickedbadman @ 05/21/10 06:54 AM
Well I had some impressions in the now locked thread, and some got deleted when it was closed.

Not going to retype it all so I will sum up my feelings so far.

Positive

Biggest surprise: Player models don't look that oversized.

Biggest worry: Playing defense.

Edit: Oh and tackle alley is bad *** haha. Putting it in the demo was BRILLIANT.

# 4 turftickler @ 05/21/10 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by =wickedbadman
I'll give some real brief thoughts as I go through each mode and what's going through my head, I'll leave the long winded explanations to the professionals - as I figure this will be something you need to see for yourself, and I am tired.

Edit:

-Starting game up.

Training:

-Starting with the training. Even the basic moving is pretty interesting. Can definitely feel the weight of the character, and if you are in focus mode long enough you can hear the player breathing heavy - pretty cool. Graphics are alright thus far.
-Juke is very human like.
-Spin is cool, quick and tight.

Passing:

-Man this is trippy haha. First passing drill and I am not going to lie, was trying to bring camera out like it was Madden haha.
-First BB pass was an incomplete, got it on the second go through. Not too bad but will probably be 1000x harder with actual defense.
-Now I am having some trouble, supposed to switch targets, accidentally threw to wrong guy and got a TD which was fortunate.
-I got the switching receivers down now, to be honest I don't feel the camera angle makes the games passing seem starkly different from Madden at this point, but I am assuming this is because these defenders are practically unguarded which is just giving me the illusion of success.
-Lob pass is tough, I can tell it will be rewarding as **** to pull off in a game.
-Was starting to worry lob pass wouldn't be responsive enough, but just got it to go 5-6 times in a row, so probably was just me doing something wrong.

Running:
-Man running is fun. All I have to say. Things are going too fast to comment on line-play etc (and I am too tired to pay attention), but someone stepped on my head after a play and drove it into the ground haha.

I want to comment on a big surprise to me - I do NOT think the player models look huge at all. Which is strange considering what we have seen so far.

Blitzing:
-Should be rewarding, a lot of the practice options for blitzing are locked so there isn't much to say.
I will post my first impression. This demo is the most solid demo I have ever played. And with me as the running back in training mode, I couldn't be more excited. Who wakes up to play a game in training mode and see's his player on the field.

NaturalMotion is, dare I say it, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gameplay is solid, graphics are sick, grass looks amazing, and I'm so excited that I really don't have any other words right now. Download the demo and if you are able to play it right away, you will see how different this game will be from NCAA 11 and Madden 11 in a great way. It is simply beautiful.

If this game gets less than a 9/10 for a review, then I'm going to be highly disappointed, because the demo definitely deserves a 10.

For all of you out there wondering about the controls and responsiveness. Play the demo for yourself and be amazed!!! This game has just started a revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 5 noshun @ 05/21/10 07:07 AM
Good read Turf. thanks.

# 6 J-Unit40 @ 05/21/10 07:07 AM
Early impressions are:

This game has a wow factor. Graphics are great. Player movement is extremely fluid. Player models are actually pretty darn good. Crowds are amazing! I may be playing this a lot later tonight.

The demo seems to have a lot to do which is cool because this game is the first of it's kind.

I wonder if teams have different playbooks? Maybeo some teams have more shotgun plays than others. Would be cool.
The controls will take everyone a little while to
get used to. I was all over the place at first. LOL.

# 7 sportzhead @ 05/21/10 07:16 AM
The game feels completely new. I'm digging it. Only played it for a short while, but the demo is solid. Graphics are pretty, and you really do feel like you're on the field. The stadium in the demo is huge.

Here are two very quick HD videos I did of the demo. Got to get some sleep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftBVjnwLwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy9DyV2tr0I

# 8 Steve_OS @ 05/21/10 07:20 AM
Had an error when getting this up on the homepage.

The following impressions written by wickedbadman.

I'll give some real brief thoughts as I go through each mode and what's going through my head, I'll leave the long winded explanations to the professionals - as I figure this will be something you need to see for yourself, and I am tired.

Edit:

-Starting game up.

Training:

-Starting with the training. Even the basic moving is pretty interesting. Can definitely feel the weight of the character, and if you are in focus mode long enough you can hear the player breathing heavy - pretty cool. Graphics are alright thus far.
-Juke is very human like.
-Spin is cool, quick and tight.

Passing:

-Man this is trippy haha. First passing drill and I am not going to lie, was trying to bring camera out like it was Madden haha.
-First BB pass was an incomplete, got it on the second go through. Not too bad but will probably be 1000x harder with actual defense.
-Now I am having some trouble, supposed to switch targets, accidentally threw to wrong guy and got a TD which was fortunate.
-I got the switching receivers down now, to be honest I don't feel the camera angle makes the games passing seem starkly different from Madden at this point, but I am assuming this is because these defenders are practically unguarded which is just giving me the illusion of success.
-Lob pass is tough, I can tell it will be rewarding as **** to pull off in a game.
-Was starting to worry lob pass wouldn't be responsive enough, but just got it to go 5-6 times in a row, so probably was just me doing something wrong.

Running:
-Man running is fun. All I have to say. Things are going too fast to comment on line-play etc (and I am too tired to pay attention), but someone stepped on my head after a play and drove it into the ground haha.

I want to comment on a big surprise to me - I do NOT think the player models look huge at all. Which is strange considering what we have seen so far.

Blitzing:
-Should be rewarding, a lot of the practice options for blitzing are locked so there isn't much to say.

# 9 jaosming @ 05/21/10 07:21 AM
played a game and tackle alley

man, i thought i was going to be turning off the glowing crap....I dont think so. I am sooo lost on defense, lol, Ill get used to it though

bunch of late "pile" hits from the CPU, that was cool.

My only touchdown, RB up the middle, tried diving, but the DL infront of me grabbed me and the LB clotheslined me. Play didn't stop until the RB reached out for the TD since he was on top of the DL still, play not stopping till a knee hits the ground?....now that is awesome.

This game is going to be awesome...however, I dont know how I feel about Boom being played everytime I kick off. Because I thought it was too awesome to comprehend, lol.

Bah, 11 days

# 10 turftickler @ 05/21/10 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
played a game and tackle alley

man, i thought i was going to be turning off the glowing crap....I dont think so. I am sooo lost on defense, lol, Ill get used to it though

bunch of late "pile" hits from the CPU, that was cool.

My only touchdown, RB up the middle, tried diving, but the DL infront of me grabbed me and the LB clotheslined me. Play didn't stop until the RB reached out for the TD since he was on top of the DL still, play not stopping till a knee hits the ground?....now that is awesome.

This game is going to be awesome...however, I dont know how I feel about Boom being played everytime I kick off. Because I thought it was too awesome to comprehend, lol.

Bah, 11 days
The bolded text is killer. Can't wait to get there. My son is sleeping right now and I cannot get to my 360 anymore because he was waking up, but this is worth the loss of sleep for him.

# 11 linkboy @ 05/21/10 07:35 AM
Love it, love it, love it, love it.

I'm going to be playing this demo for a while.

The camera is going to take a bit to get used to though.

# 12 wickedbadman @ 05/21/10 07:43 AM
Thanks for copying my initial thoughts in here, ill paste up what I had left to say -

Safety (Man defense):
-Only had you marked on a RB, which was fun but is aided by focus mode. So I am not sure how easy it will be online / vs. a WR.

Safety (Zone defense):
-Had a real hard time even with focus mode, gave up 3 TDs before I just tried to let him catch and tackle (which might have been point of drill?).

Tackle Alley:
-I thought this was a blast. It gives you 5 of the 100 levels I believe, obviously increasing in difficulty as time goes on. I think it gives you the best idea of how fluid the player movement is. My only concern is I had more fun with this than exhibition haha.

Exhibition:
-2 minute quarters (only play one half). Can pick Arcade / Pro, select difficulty and the weather. I tried rain which was pretty amazing looking, the graphics definitely are top notch.

I know how tired am is coming into play, but this is definitely going to be a challenge. Most of it just trying not to become frustrated. I am sure when I picked up Madden/NCAA for the first time I was just as terrible.

Running is no problem, I think everyone will get the hang of it fairly quickly. Passing has a serious learning curve on the other hand. It's difficult to pick out your WR among the masses (makes me respect a QBs work even more) and I am fairly sure it would take a special person to change targets from one end of the line to the other. Having to "lock-on" to a WR before throwing to them is irksome. It makes it difficult to make split second decisions. I need to play a lot more before I make any sweeping generalizations though.

Defense, I am still not getting it. I don't see how anyone will be able to successfully play a safety in coverage for example. Way too risky / difficult, at least from what I experienced thus far. This is the thing that has bothered me the most playing.

Overall:

I like what I see: graphics, physics, "the world" are all very cool. The animations are amazing. Right now my main concern is how entertaining defense will be. I have to play a lot more, but on first glance I was already looking for a super sim option to get back on offense.

Edit: And I am not saying defense is a black hole of entertainment. I thought blitzing with the linebackers was cool, it's just that personally I have always been a coverage safety type o guy.

# 13 DakkoN @ 05/21/10 07:53 AM
The animation created by the Euphoria engine are absolutely unbelievable. I just caught the Punter with his kicking leg up in the air and picked him up by his other leg and planted him into the ground. The game is really satisfying when you make a play.

# 14 TIm @ 05/21/10 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
The only thing I do NOT like is the camera
This will be a problem for some... This is the only camera angle to select from.. You most likely won't dig the game LOL.. But good thing is we knew this going in

# 15 deebo2246 @ 05/21/10 08:20 AM
Downloading now, and I must admit you guys have me extra geeked!!!

# 16 DavonBrown @ 05/21/10 08:21 AM
I only played one game. The passing game is difficult, but I'll get used to it. I found myself running in circles a couple of times due to the camera angle. I'm going to play the hell out of this after school and during the weekend to determine whether or not it's a first day buy.

# 17 sparkyiii2k @ 05/21/10 08:24 AM
Cough cough.....summer cold must stay home to recover

# 18 bonbonan @ 05/21/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I only played one game. The passing game is difficult, but I'll get used to it. I found myself running in circles a couple of times due to the camera angle. I'm going to play the hell out of this after school and during the weekend to determine whether or not it's a first day buy.
Very Hard

# 19 Netherscourge @ 05/21/10 08:32 AM
This game actually makes you want to watch every single replay - even the busted plays.

Just watching every player battle and interact is amazing.

# 20 LingeringRegime @ 05/21/10 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The animation created by the Euphoria engine are absolutely unbelievable. I just caught the Punter with his kicking leg up in the air and picked him up by his other leg and planted him into the ground. The game is really satisfying when you make a play.
I am drooling. So happy to hear this!

« Previous1234567895152Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.