Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 861 The GIGGAS @ 05/25/10 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I didn't really all 100 pages of the post.
But I'm guessing you accidentally the whole thing, right?

# 862 boxboy99 @ 05/25/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
Even better is half the time it doesn't get called, someone just flat out demolishes the kicker anyways.
It is backbreaker and we don't protect the punters here. J/k I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but figured I wasn't the only one to see it. I had it on Pro/Medium. Hopefully this was tweaked in retail.

# 863 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/25/10 01:44 PM
Has anyone figured out how to quickly switch from your first receiver to your 4th or anything like that? because right now, I have to throw to the first or 2nd option or I get sacked because I simply can't move my focus fast enough. And it's not like I look and see if my 1st is open, then switch to the 2nd, see that he's covered and switch again. I'm saying I hike and immediately try to switch to the guy on the opposite side of the field because I know he has a mismatch but I can't get to him fast enough.

# 864 RaginCajun @ 05/25/10 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Has anyone figured out how to quickly switch from your first receiver to your 4th or anything like that? because right now, I have to throw to the first or 2nd option or I get sacked because I simply can't move my focus fast enough. And it's not like I look and see if my 1st is open, then switch to the 2nd, see that he's covered and switch again. I'm saying I hike and immediately try to switch to the guy on the opposite side of the field because I know he has a mismatch but I can't get to him fast enough.
Before the play hold LT and move the right stick left and right. You can pick who you want to focus on when the play starts.

# 865 Dianwei32 @ 05/25/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texbuk84
when is the demo coming out for ps3
It's supposed to come out today. PSN usually updates aroun 4-6 PM EST, so check in a couple hours and it should be up.

# 866 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/25/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
You could switch pre-snap by holding LB then moving right stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun
Before the play hold LT and move the right stick left and right. You can pick who you want to focus on when the play starts.
Thank you both very much

# 867 TheWatcher @ 05/25/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Pretty sure they confirmed you could use your own music (custom soundtrack).
I wonder if it's event-based and not just the standard one that you can do with all 360 games?

# 868 swaldo @ 05/25/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am going to call you King Val. I hope they could change the blur for your sake. I always like your take on football games.
Yea, they need to get rid of this. I had a play on defense last night that would blow your mind. I'm normally too lazy to take videos but I actually thought about breaking out the camcorder and putting it on youtube. When I went into instant replay I discovered the end of the play (and best part) was blurred out rendering the idea moot. I was like wut?

# 869 swaldo @ 05/25/10 03:34 PM
Wow, just learned this on the BB forums, thanks Bonecrusher...

"You can also use the R stick to move the camera and scan the field during a play on defense. You can also move the camera with the R stick pre-snap to focus where you want to be looking when the play starts."

This makes a huge difference if you want to play secondary. Pre-play I can rotate the camera towards the inside then when the ball is snapped it will stay in that angle so I can cover my man while also keeping an eye on what the QB is doing. If it's a run you're set up with a good angle, if it's a pass away from you just rotate slightly with the right stick or go into focus mode and you're set.

The only problem is that it won't let you rotate fast enough pre-snap, there's a delay after you're set up for the play. Could be a problem if the QB snaps the ball right away, although at worst you'll be facing straight at your man so it's not a disaster. This delay is probably the reason I never figured out you could do this.

Loving the cam on "D" now, not so much on offense.

A couple other issues:

On kickoffs and punts if the returner doesn't catch the ball it always seems to bounce backwards. It's a football so it should bounce all over the place leading to chaos right?

Is there a trick to playing DL? You can't fire off the line when the ball snaps, I'm always slower than the rest of my DL. In one case so slow that an OL didn't even feel I was a threat so he blocked someone else, and by the time I got to him I had a clear path to the QB! There seems to be a delay with the stick or something. Other positions have been ok in this regards, it's just DL.

# 870 catcatch22 @ 05/25/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Is there a trick to playing DL? You can't fire off the line when the ball snaps, I'm always slower than the rest of my DL. In one case so slow that an OL didn't even feel I was a threat so he blocked someone else, and by the time I got to him I had a clear path to the QB! There seems to be a delay with the stick or something. Other positions have been ok in this regards, it's just DL.
If you hold Right Trigger before the snap all you then have to do is just time the snap with your left stick to attack the QB and you get your explosion off the line.

# 871 CreatineKasey @ 05/25/10 04:26 PM
I just saw on my Twitter account via Pastapadre and PSNtwitter that the demo is not coming out today and is probably delayed a week or 2.

Ouch. I feel bad for you PS3 guys... Tecmo first, now this. Do they hate football over there or what?

# 872 ezio @ 05/25/10 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I just saw on my Twitter account via Pastapadre and PSNtwitter that the demo is not coming out today and is probably delayed a week or 2.

Ouch. I feel bad for you PS3 guys... Tecmo first, now this. Do they hate football over there or what?
Are you serious?

# 873 mestevo @ 05/25/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey

That sucks, wanted to play it too to see if there were any other console differences.

# 874 CaptainZombie @ 05/25/10 04:32 PM
LOL! There goes that.......just going to try and rent this from gamefly next week. Not going to blind buy this.

# 875 mestevo @ 05/25/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Are you serious?
Here's the twitter:

http://twitter.com/BrianJParker/status/14715130238

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BrianJParker
Via a DirectMessage from PlayStation's official account, no #Backbreaker #demo for #PS3 today; might be June 1st or as late as June 8th.

# 876 ezio @ 05/25/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Thanks. that stinks.

# 877 ezio @ 05/25/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Who is Brian J Parker and why is he privileged enough to get a direct message from Sony PSN twitter?

THIS PISSES ME OFF!
I was thinking the same thing and the store hasn't updated yet so you never know.

# 878 mestevo @ 05/25/10 04:45 PM
Lets take this over to the other sticky and leave this out of impressions

# 879 thakeaf @ 05/25/10 04:48 PM
fluck sony this is bogus. i was fiending to get off work today just to download the demo. i'm not copping this without playing the demo first so we'll see eventually..

# 880 alliance4g63 @ 05/25/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
You can see alot with a flick of they eye. If your head is turned to the right you don't have to turn your whole head to see to the left. And that is the problem I have with the camera, you need an angle that can replicate head turns AND the additional space you can see with split second eye movements. Panning back and up a bit I think can help in this area.

I'm not sure if there is such thing as a perfect camera angle, and I like the default camera at times but others I don't. Also, don't you realize "real life" NFL players can see behind their heads? Their head may be facing straight ahead but their eyes are facing up looking at the live stadium TV screen to see who's behind them. You won't be able to do that in this game so by golly it's not realistic!
Lol nice. But yea I definitely agree and I have no doubt in my mind they will make those type of adjustments in BB2. I just know when I played and got a little bit of open field, my eyes were mostly ahead. You are really moving too fast to look around. You trust your instincts and try to get the most yards possible. That is what I do in BB and I gain yards by doing so. Look for defenders overpursuing, wait for your linemen and only use RT at the right times.

I just bought UFC2010 and currently wishing it was BB. I can't wait for next week.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.