Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 team has posted another blog. This one focusing on the spread offense.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Nation, I'm Anthony White, Assistant Designer on the Central Football team, and I'm here to bring you a series of blogs about the new offensive styles in NCAA Football 11. The term spread offense is an umbrella term that encompasses a number of offensive systems. Offensive systems such as the Run and Shoot, Air Raid, One Back, even the Flexbone Triple Option are often identified as being a type of spread offense. For the sake of this blog post I'm going to identify the spread offense as an offensive system that's primarily run from the shotgun, spreads the field with multiple receiver sets, and can be used to both run and pass the ball with equal success."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jakeness23 @ 05/29/10 01:04 AM
i dont mean to be a buzz kill cause im very much anticipating this game cause my friend and old teammate TERRY SHANKLE will be in the game this year for UNC, but did anybody see the warping? I know there will be some but it was rather noticeable. (and i know this isn't a final version, just pointing it out.) but it was noticeable on the bubble screen vid and the HB draw vid.

# 62 DrSpice @ 05/29/10 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
my only gripe is on that last video with oregon, wr#10 looks like he makes a magical slide to get in position to make that block

my only gripe so far ....
Totally agree with you. #10 made a huge magical slide to get into place to make that block. I wish they would get rid of these slides and warps.

# 63 LBFitted @ 05/29/10 02:20 AM
the way i see it they will never be able to get rid of the warps and sliding. The guy is supposed to block the man, and its probably too hard to develop the AI to move @ certain speeds/angles to fake like hes doing 1 thing then go block. If he jus went to block and didnt fake, people would complain about that! Jus gotta roll with it! At the end of the day its a video game, there will be imperfections, no video game EVER has been perfect!

# 64 steelers1 @ 05/29/10 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFitted
the way i see it they will never be able to get rid of the warps and sliding. The guy is supposed to block the man, and its probably too hard to develop the AI to move @ certain speeds/angles to fake like hes doing 1 thing then go block. If he jus went to block and didnt fake, people would complain about that! Jus gotta roll with it! At the end of the day its a video game, there will be imperfections, no video game EVER has been perfect!
I can't think of any imperfections with Super Mario World right off the top of my head.

The pass speed is a bit disappointing, though. Using some quick math the guy was throwing that ball around 50 mph. That might be ok if he was heaving a bomb or something, but for a bubble screen? That just tells me that every QB in the game is gonna be able to 'drive the ball' perfectly on those deep outs and put NFL 'zip' on all their passes. I was really hoping they'd work on this.

# 65 blackscorpion11 @ 05/29/10 06:42 AM
Running animations look terrible, still skating

# 66 blackscorpion11 @ 05/29/10 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpice
Totally agree with you. #10 made a huge magical slide to get into place to make that block. I wish they would get rid of these slides and warps.

To get rid of that you'd have to re-build the gameplay engine, EA isnt willing to do that..They just keep coming up with gimmicks..last year it was adaptive A.I., this year it's locomotion and a hybrid pro-tac

# 67 14straight @ 05/29/10 02:02 PM
Info on Bazooka formation from http://www.coachwyatt.com/blaik9.html :

"It was during a rare - and brief - post-season vacation at Key Biscayne, Florida that Blaik came up with the idea that would capture the imagination of the sports world, and come to symbolize the 1958 Army team in a way that few teams are symbolized.

The idea was an offensive formation which Blaik called a "far flanker." Actually an end split 20 to 30 yards wide, the "far flanker" was often an extra end, set wide to the other side of the formation and creating an unbalanced line - a variation of the "Bazooka" formation the Army had run the season before. Its purpose was to answer what Blaik considered his offense's most pressing problem: the rolled-up cornerbacks of what would now be called a 5-2 defense, creating a 5-4-2 defense, or, in effect, a nine-man front."

# 68 mr janny @ 05/29/10 02:03 PM
another thing I noticed was in the bubble screen video. Look at some of the moves that the Left End is putting on the tackle. They spar for a little bit, and then the End gets the tackle out of postition and sort of slams him to the ground. I don't recall seeing that in NCAA10. Hopefully an indicator of more varied line interaction.

# 69 boritter @ 05/29/10 02:12 PM
Sounds better but I'm to the point where I need to play it to see if the improvements actually translate to real gameplay.

Edit: The warp for #10 on the bubble screen is ugly. Maybe the suction/warp effects will be gone once we get a new engine on the Xbox 720 & PS4?????

# 70 14straight @ 05/29/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
another thing I noticed was in the bubble screen video. Look at some of the moves that the Left End is putting on the tackle. They spar for a little bit, and then the End gets the tackle out of postition and sort of slams him to the ground. I don't recall seeing that in NCAA10. Hopefully an indicator of more varied line interaction.
Nice call. It's nice to see someone point out a positive rather than a negative. Although, the magical block was troubling to be sure... hopefully the bubble screen isn't as overpowered as it looks. Even so, perhaps switching to man or playing short zones will be a nice counter to the bubble screen. It is a tough play to defend when used correctly.

Also, to the guys who are saying the bubble screen is usually called at the LOS. Don't we have access to the entire playbook when we call an audible? Or is that just in "hurry up" mode? If so, then players can make an appropriate read at the LOS and really wreak havoc. That would be nice.

# 71 Watson @ 05/29/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADAWGS24/7
UGA entrance with their new away Uniforms UGAowns247 43 videos SubscribeEdit Subscription Loading...
Fail.

# 72 predator828 @ 05/29/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
my only gripe is on that last video with oregon, wr#10 looks like he makes a magical slide to get in position to make that block

my only gripe so far ....
i noticed that too.

# 73 str8artist @ 05/29/10 07:00 PM
Quote:
UGA entrance with their new away Uniforms UGAowns247 43 videos SubscribeEdit Subscription Loading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Fail.

# 74 williesquint @ 05/30/10 10:31 PM
the spread option well 2 man 4-3 scheme can help stop this the graphics look great but what i am wanting to see is multible hits rather than some diving attempt tackling animation, also i want to see helmets pop off not like on madden but i want to see them get knocked off and stuff
i hope there will be coaching assighnments , coaching hires, such as head coach ,off and def cordinators, special teams coach and so forth and an athletic director along with an athlectic department, also in dynasty i hope they upgrade the realism of the aspect of bowl games i dont want to see a 4-8 or 5-7 team go to a bowl because it clearly would not happen in ncaa football.
also stadium upgrades, athletic faccilities upgrades can be introduced as a way of bowl incentives, say you win a bowl game and you get x amount of points then you can upgrade to enhance your faccilities and it should ty into a bonus in recruiting top recruits

# 75 IndyBronco @ 05/31/10 10:21 AM
williesquint-I hate to burst your bubble but i doubt all that gets in. you def have some great ideas there, especially the coaching changes and stadium upgrades/prestige. after year 10 in my dynasty it is hard to think that JoePa is still on the sidelines at the age of 117 or however old he is

# 76 Husker88Chief @ 05/31/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
NCAA 11 is finally better than Madden 11 this year. I know people are saying that we haven't seen much of Madden but I can just tell the game will be better. I have been saying this all along this year, it's NCAA's year to shine over Madden. I think that NCAA is MORE sim than Madden because Madden is trying to cater to the casual fan. Madden devs would not have wrote a blog that broke down plays like that. They believe it scares the casual people away. The NCAA devs get it and they are moving in the right direction, whereas, I believe Madden is headed down a more casual road.

I can't wait for NCAA, it's finally back!
When did it ever leave? Madden sucks.

Ever since the glory days of Madden 05 it has gone downhill. NCAA 06 was a masterpiece and ever since then Madden hasn't even come close.

The only thing keeping me playing madden is the ability to trade and draft players. If NCAA allowed you to trade players I'd just sit at home in my underpants and play NCAA all day on welfare.

# 77 gator3guy @ 05/31/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker88Chief
When did it ever leave? Madden sucks.

Ever since the glory days of Madden 05 it has gone downhill. NCAA 06 was a masterpiece and ever since then Madden hasn't even come close.

The only thing keeping me playing madden is the ability to trade and draft players. If NCAA allowed you to trade players I'd just sit at home in my underpants and play NCAA all day on welfare.
Uhh last year's game was pretty bad.

# 78 IndyBronco @ 05/31/10 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
agreed

# 79 Husker88Chief @ 05/31/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I didn't see it.

Then again I just got my first next-gen game this year, and it's a vast improvement from PS2, so I guess I didn't see what it was lacking like everyone else did.

To stay on topic though, I'm pretty stoked to see another aspect of option plays integrated with successful read options. I like to pass out of the shotgun and run with options so hopefully if these read options work like they should, my offense will be unpredictable against some of my friends. For the time being, they know that I run options 90% of the time out of the Ace and I pass 90% of the time out of the shotgun, hopefully this game will allow me to run my whole offense out of one formation.

# 80 bosox15 @ 05/31/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
will players be able to wear a sleeve on only one arm?
"Also we added the ability to set Left and Right Sleeve separate, so if you want one sleeve to be team color and full length and the other to be half length and black you can do that."

-From an early blog post by Kiniry on EA's website

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.