Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 team has posted another blog. This one focusing on the spread offense.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Nation, I'm Anthony White, Assistant Designer on the Central Football team, and I'm here to bring you a series of blogs about the new offensive styles in NCAA Football 11. The term spread offense is an umbrella term that encompasses a number of offensive systems. Offensive systems such as the Run and Shoot, Air Raid, One Back, even the Flexbone Triple Option are often identified as being a type of spread offense. For the sake of this blog post I'm going to identify the spread offense as an offensive system that's primarily run from the shotgun, spreads the field with multiple receiver sets, and can be used to both run and pass the ball with equal success."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BenGerman @ 05/28/10 03:03 PM
Dangit, no dynasty blog.

# 2 BIGD419 @ 05/28/10 03:06 PM
The QB option looked nice, except for at about 1:19. What is that MLB doing? Why would he keep back peddling in a situation like that?

# 3 Watson @ 05/28/10 03:14 PM
Who doesn't know how to run the read option? Seriously.

edit: BESIDES Apex.

# 4 vrabbit @ 05/28/10 03:16 PM
my only gripe is on that last video with oregon, wr#10 looks like he makes a magical slide to get in position to make that block

my only gripe so far ....

# 5 texasfan_95 @ 05/28/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Dangit, no dynasty blog.
Look at it this way, this opens the door for them to be spicing up part 3 which could very well be coaching carousel.

# 6 Sublime12089 @ 05/28/10 03:20 PM
It is really seeming like offense is going to be way overpowered this year. I hope I am wrong though.

# 7 Watson @ 05/28/10 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
The bubble screen was wrong. If the corner on the outside receiver is 5 yards or closer to the WR then usually he will block him and leave the other defender. If the CB is 6 yards or farther away then he will do what he did in the vid. Also, the CB guarding the outside WR backpedaled way too long. No WRs ever went forward and the corner was backpedaling. He needs to break a lot sooner. Balance.
And you expect that logic to be placed in NCAA how?

# 8 BROman @ 05/28/10 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
The bubble screen was wrong. If the corner on the outside receiver is 5 yards or closer to the WR then usually he will block him and leave the other defender. If the CB is 6 yards or farther away then he will do what he did in the vid. Also, the CB guarding the outside WR backpedaled way too long. No WRs ever went forward and the corner was backpedaling. He needs to break a lot sooner. Balance.
the defense is all jacked on that bubble too. in real life, if the corners are matched up man to man, as soon as the slot wr takes one step to the outside, the corners switch, which is why, like you said- if the corner is < 5 yards off the reciever, the reciever blocks the outside guy. that's the move/countermove of the bubble screen, but it looks like the defense will be playing checkers on a chess board on this game.

# 9 tate09 @ 05/28/10 03:31 PM
bubble screens need to be a hot route at the LOS, not a huddle call. IRL 99% of bubbles are checked at the LOS because the defense chooses not to cover down a slot receiver.

# 10 ODogg @ 05/28/10 03:32 PM
I can see why you'd think that Bigfoot but from watching that video it also looked like as a player on offense you have more options and can make more mistakes so maybe that will help. Like that read option, it looks to be very Tecmo like in that if you make the wrong read your play will be killed for a big loss..

# 11 Cvhsalumni @ 05/28/10 03:34 PM
Looks like BYU is wearing their "Royal Blue" jerseys in the draw option video. Utah is also mix and matched with black pants and white tops.

# 12 shad_moss93 @ 05/28/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Who doesn't know how to run the read option? Seriously.

edit: BESIDES Apex.
Are talking about the "Purgatory Blocking And Nano Blitzing Possibility" video? If so, thats not Apex, thats versuz.

# 13 str8artist @ 05/28/10 03:45 PM
So people afraid of overpowered offense? EVERY YEAR they showcase 90% of offensive improvements so this is nothing new if you have been following sports gaming. Other than that this game looks amazing. When the RB broke into the secondary and the lineman picked up the correct man, that showed me everything I needed to know about blocking. Amazing, I have not saw blocking like that since madden 05 on PS2.

# 14 Watson @ 05/28/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Are talking about the "Purgatory Blocking And Nano Blitzing Possibility" video? If so, thats not Apex, thats versuz.
No, i meant Apex.

# 15 rudyjuly2 @ 05/28/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Thanks. Those are two guys I will avoid reading about or watching any videos of. Armchair video game X and O guys can go too far and those guys do it ONLY to rip on video games. Ignorance is bliss.

# 16 Watson @ 05/28/10 03:49 PM
some people need to just unbunch their panties and take it for what its worth.

# 17 basebalnormy44 @ 05/28/10 03:51 PM
Old school Oregon jerseys! Sweet. The bubble screen is one of my favorite plays

# 18 yanks26ngoin @ 05/28/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
No, i meant Apex.
Umm, do they have the games or are they going by gameplay videos released by the games developers.

# 19 Gosens6 @ 05/28/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Umm, do they have the games or are they going by gameplay videos released by the games developers.
Gameplay videos...

# 20 Watson @ 05/28/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Apex pulled his schtick last year and vezuz or whatever was more recent, using gameplay videos

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.