Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Sales have been slower than expected for THQ and UFC Undisputed 2010, according to Gamasutra.

Quote:
"Despite the stellar sales of its predecessor, THQ and Yuke's' UFC Undisputed 2010 is selling "slower than anticipated," even as UFC pay-per-view television events are performing well, according to Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian.

In a research note released today, Sebastian said the game is "tracking below our expectations at retail," and pointed out that online retailer Amazon discounted the game $20 to $39 after only a week on sale.

As a result, the analyst expects decreased reorders from retailers, and Lazard Capital Markets is decreasing its first fiscal quarter revenue estimates for THQ by $4 million, down to $193 million -- considerably below market expectations of $203 million."

On a positive note, Tank has given another update on the UFC Undisputed 2010 patch.

Quote:
"I assure you, the moment I have a definitive understanding of when a patch will be applied, I will let you know, and I will continue to update you as I can, which is what I will do below...

As of right now:
  • The online issues are the top critical issue being looked in to currently, amongst the others. XBOX 360 online should be working pretty smoothly, save for some LAG here and there. It is primarily PS3 users who are having issues with ranked play, connection loss, etc. We know what issues are causing this, and the dev team is working to fix them. A lot of us played 360 Live over the weekend and found little online issue, if you're a 360 user and experiencing online issues, please note exactly what it is - ranked play? connection loss? can't get past a menu? can't connect to a server? Please be specific
  • Amongst the other TOP TOP critical issues - Super CAF's, viewing stats between two players so CAF leagues can operate, show W/L stats before a match is agreed upon, Machida instant takedown, Omoplata cancelling out of takedowns are at the top of the list
  • Other issues being heavily discussed all over - Submisson failures to win against AI, auto-block, spamming reversals, stamina adjustments, too many flash KO takedowns, weight class bug in career mode are also near the top of the list to be looked in to
The above issues I would say are the first areas, especially online, the dev team is focusing on. I don't have any further details to elaborate on speciffically, but from readin forums all over, those are the issues people would like considered and/or fixed before anything else."

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeremym480 @ 06/04/10 05:57 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info Steve. Hopefully, they'll get the patch in a timely manner.

# 2 Iadf @ 06/04/10 06:33 PM
this is good, hopefully this gives them the kick they need to hurry up with it.

# 3 mikenoob @ 06/04/10 06:47 PM
Noooo!! no super cafs!!! I gotta copy my guy over and over now

# 4 Jukeman @ 06/04/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Sebastian noted that factors directly related to Undisputed don't explain the game's poor showing: it has a strong reputation based on the reception of UFC Undisputed 2009, which exceeded 3.5 million units; it has extremely positive reviews, with an average Metacritic score of 85; and UFC itself is doing well. Thus, he postulates that other recent releases like Rockstar San Diego's Red Dead Redemption could be "adding some competitive pressure."

Maybe because the game wasn't as good as it was last year...

Listen to your fans...Not fluffed up reviews

# 5 Dr.J @ 06/05/10 04:28 PM
I don't get it, what did they expect when they put out a crappy game, people aren't goiing to buy a game full of bugs and crappy a.i, your supposed to improve your second time around not actualy get worse.

And please no one can blame poor sales on red dead remdemption, totally different market.The game sucks thats the reason it isn't selling.

# 6 AsianChexMix @ 06/05/10 06:52 PM
The buzz of this game did go down I think. You could tell because I think it was before even a week this game came out, it was at $39 mark at Amazon. I saw it and was like "holy crap...maybe I could have lived without the DLC to save that much". Anyways, I'm glad to see that they will have a patch because after a few hours after midnight...this game really disinterested me. The non-existing ground game did it in. We just got a glorified kickboxing game with dab of ground game.

# 7 mikenoob @ 06/06/10 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
The buzz of this game did go down I think. You could tell because I think it was before even a week this game came out, it was at $39 mark at Amazon. I saw it and was like "holy crap...maybe I could have lived without the DLC to save that much". Anyways, I'm glad to see that they will have a patch because after a few hours after midnight...this game really disinterested me. The non-existing ground game did it in. We just got a glorified kickboxing game with dab of ground game.
Was it really as low as $39? Amazon refunded me $10 stating it went down to $49. If so, I feel like they screwed me over with their pre order pricing guarantee.

# 8 delspf @ 06/06/10 03:15 AM
Yea it dropped to 39.
I am pissed. I can't get a refund on this. Done shopping at gamestop.

# 9 ManiacMatt1782 @ 06/06/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
you must not play online, all i have is ground wars, or people who dont understand mma yelling stand and bang you *****

# 10 TheShizNo1 @ 06/06/10 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
you must not play online, all i have is ground wars, or people who dont understand mma yelling stand and bang you *****
This brought back some funny memories from 09. Playing online I was dominating this guy on the ground. My stand up game in 09 was very suspect so I always looked to goto the ground. Round 3, after clearly winning, he taunts me and yells in the mic, "fight me like a man bitch". I let him bate me into standing up and luckily KO'd him. Afterward I'm all kinds of names and p words for not standing up and fighting. I messaged him he could get FNR4 for under 20 bucks.

My friends would also call me all kinds of names b/c I'd always take them to the ground and GnP. They didn't understand the transitions, blocks, reversals etc.

# 11 Phobia @ 06/07/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This brought back some funny memories from 09. Playing online I was dominating this guy on the ground. My stand up game in 09 was very suspect so I always looked to goto the ground. Round 3, after clearly winning, he taunts me and yells in the mic, "fight me like a man bitch". I let him bate me into standing up and luckily KO'd him. Afterward I'm all kinds of names and p words for not standing up and fighting. I messaged him he could get FNR4 for under 20 bucks.

My friends would also call me all kinds of names b/c I'd always take them to the ground and GnP. They didn't understand the transitions, blocks, reversals etc.
This is a steady occurrence at my house when I order the UFC events. All the guys always grind it out on UFC 09 (now 10) before and after the fights. I always get labeled........."When you fight him al he does is go to the ground......SUCKS!!". So i tell them learn the ground or learn to hold back on the right stick if you know I am shooting for the take down. Also does not help that they always pick boxers/brawlers.

# 12 mgoblue @ 06/07/10 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is a steady occurrence at my house when I order the UFC events. All the guys always grind it out on UFC 09 (now 10) before and after the fights. I always get labeled........."When you fight him al he does is go to the ground......SUCKS!!". So i tell them learn the ground or learn to hold back on the right stick if you know I am shooting for the take down. Also does not help that they always pick boxers/brawlers.
Yeah, I'd hate that online, I'd love subbing guys online and they bitch and bitch. Stand up is fun, but I enjoy the ground game too.

I really have to learn how to sub the AI on this year's version. Haven't played a ton yet, but it's been frustrating.

# 13 jb12780 @ 06/07/10 05:26 PM
Im a ground guy myself. And yes I have similar stories. I tell my friends two things:

1. The ground game is part of the sport. If you dont like it, that sucks.
2. If you wanna see guys stand and bang, go watch K-1 or Boxing.

# 14 jeremym480 @ 06/07/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Im a ground guy myself. And yes I have similar stories. I tell my friends two things:

1. The ground game is part of the sport. If you dont like it, that sucks.
2. If you wanna see guys stand and bang, go watch K-1 or Boxing.
My friends are the same way. Although, I have to admit that I don't mind too much. Mainly because they're eays W's. MMA is sooo much easier when all you have to worry about blocking you head.

# 15 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/10 01:48 PM
Yeah I love the ground game, however against the CPU, the ref stands up the fighters way too fast. And I am not seeing a variety of take downs or slams from the cpu AI either. Seems like damn near everybody does the double leg or belly to belly slam.

I played against both judo guys in the game and they didn't do ONE judo throw at all. I was like WTF ? Where are the Judo throws and Judo sweeps ?

This year all the fighters seem to play like wrestlers when it comes to takedowns and throws.

# 16 sb24 @ 06/08/10 01:58 PM
I really get the feeling they set almost all AI fighters to "aggressive"

# 17 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/10 02:01 PM
Yeah it does seem that way. Which isn't realism at all. When I play against a guy like Crocop or Jardine or a MT fighter period, I expect to see a ton of leg kicks thrown. Instead what I see is a lot of punches thrown from EVERYBODY.

# 18 Jukeman @ 06/08/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I really get the feeling they set almost all AI fighters to "aggressive"
Yeah Ive been saying that since release day..You can test it by creating two guys and giving them any AI beside aggressive...

I really didnt test "right" or could tell because I always played on expert...

Its a toss up between them setting every fighter to aggressive or the AI is just screwy...

I wanted to really test this the right way (lower dif, better CAF stat/movelist) but this game is shelved...

# 19 Vast @ 06/08/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.J
I don't get it, what did they expect when they put out a crappy game, people aren't goiing to buy a game full of bugs and crappy a.i, your supposed to improve your second time around not actualy get worse.

And please no one can blame poor sales on red dead remdemption, totally different market.The game sucks thats the reason it isn't selling.
This is the reason the game is not selling well.

I was a huge fan of UFC 09, then they freaking dropped the ball with UFC 10.

With 4 million fans waiting for the sequel, you'd think they'd at least freaking test the game!

Terrible A.I. (which was one of the touted features with an AI that learns)
No ground game, instant stand ups by the ref, KO's every fight, stats mean absolutely nothing, crappy career stat declines, instant takedowns, glitched moves. etc. etc.

The only thing this game does better than 09 is adding the sway and improved the collision detection.

Shaking my head

# 20 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/10 05:15 PM
Basically word of mouth. This game looks one way in the commercial, but when you actually play it, it is the total opposite. Adaptive AI ? Nope. New submissions ? Yes but you RARELY see it.

I swear I see the triangle choke or the arm triangle choke 90% of the time done by the cpu. I have yet to see the anaconda choke, darce, peruvian necktie, etc even attempted by the cpu. I purposely put myself in the position for them to do it and what do they do ? Triangle.......

I swear this game has overdosed with the triangle chokes and kimura. I mean that gets boring as hell, as soon as you take them done, they throw up a triangle choke or kimura, even WRESTLERS.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.