Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Chris Gunter will be doing the E3 impressions and answering questions for OS on this front. He had some good conversations with Russ Kiniry from the NCAA team today, and will be able to speak more in-depth with the team in the next two days. Here is what he found out today:

-CPU Recruiting has been tweaked and updated. Not completely sure if they will specifically draft to their team strategy as I didn't get too involved in dynasty yet, but I was told that it will not be possible for a 1-2 star school to just sign everyone like it was in years part.

-No conference realignments this year, as it wil not be hapenning until next year. They will look into this as a possibility for 12.

-No changes to the camera options. Still has the reverse lock cam on defense.

-The window of time for the hand off on the option has been slightly widened due to the reanimating of the hand off.

-Speaking of the option, the CPU seems to run it much better. Played some extended time with Navy versus Army, and the Army QB was pretty good about when to pitch, when to keep, and turning the ball up field.

-The CPU will cut the ball upfield on a much more consistent basis with the running backs. Gone are the days last year of the a CPU RB cutting the ball outside and losing his blockers. From what I have seen, it seems like the CPU run game will be something to keep qqqq

-No major updates to Road To Glory outside of the gameplay changes already known.

-The Speed Bust is now an option to turn on or off. You can change this from the menu system.

-Line play is still up for judgment. I saw some very good things, and a couple of iffy things. The offensive line seems to pick up blitzed well, but I did see some missed assignments on sweeps and such.

The playbook now allows you to scroll up and down between formations while looking at the list of available defensive formations.

That's it for now. Please leave any new questions, or something you may have not gotten answered, as I will be seeing more NCAA tomorrow.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BadAssHskr @ 06/20/10 04:04 PM
My question is in regards to the game speed slider. If you had the opportunity to look at it, can you please talk about it.

Playing the demo, i've been switching back between varsity and aa. i prefer the varsity game speed, but then again prefer the aa competition.

# 142 jolson88 @ 06/20/10 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
agree... never fumbled with running with Ponder, Brantley, Parker, or etc. but when I tried to run using Jacory Harris or T.P.? Fumbled about every time they got hit.... wtf?
Question: do you use RB (I assume R1 on PS3) to cover the ball before getting hit? I've noticed more frequent fumbles scrambling with the QB when I don't do this.

# 143 BadAssHskr @ 06/21/10 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
Question: do you use RB (I assume R1 on PS3) to cover the ball before getting hit? I've noticed more frequent fumbles scrambling with the QB when I don't do this.
covering the ball, as you said, seems to have stopped my fumble problems. maybe not all together, but to a more relistic level.

glad, to, they've made that enforcement.

# 144 Palo20 @ 06/21/10 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Forgive this if it has already been addressed, I am not going to read through 16 + pages to see if it has... playing Oklahoma vs Texas and Oklahoma {CPU} QB throws a pass to TE in corner of end zone. He makes the catch but was clearly 2-3 feet out of bounds.

They go to review it, the first replay looks like you're underground... I kid you not... like you're under the turf looking up... second replay does show he was way out of bounds. Official determines that play should stand as called: TD.

I know refs screw up sometimes, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in the game.
Maybe the SEC refs are working the game?

Oh snap...

# 145 Playadlc @ 06/22/10 02:29 AM
Why in the world are Indiana's stadium renovations not in the game? They did this two years ago. Ridiculous.

# 146 ppkid91 @ 06/22/10 11:57 AM
Will we be able to replace the generic FCS schools(eg.FCS southeast) in the dynasty with schools from teambuilder?

# 147 ODogg @ 06/22/10 12:05 PM
LMAO @ this thread....it's just a place for people to go to ask questions and then ask more questions and nothing ever gets answered. Kind of comical really. In a "Far Side" sort of way.

# 148 speedy43 @ 06/22/10 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
LMAO @ this thread....it's just a place for people to go to ask questions and then ask more questions and then ask the same question somebody asked a page before and nothing ever gets answered. Kind of comical really. In a "Far Side" sort of way.
Added a little bit to your statement. Couldn't agree more

# 149 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
It SEEMS like psychic defense is gone. I ran multiple 3-4 wide draws on 3rd down, and the defense spread out with me.
Awesome. Thanks Man.

# 150 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Odogg i was just about to say that. This guy hasnt answered anyones questions but ppl are still asking.
I've seen plenty of questions answered.... So WTH?

# 151 bonbonan @ 06/23/10 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
Added a little bit to your statement. Couldn't agree more
Still keep asking without answer.lol

# 152 ODogg @ 06/23/10 12:34 PM
Why is there no answer I wonder. Is someone making a list and checking it twice?

# 153 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/25/10 11:12 AM
I posted this in the Madden forum too..but..

I don't know if this has already been asked or if it's related to E3..

but, when you import a draft class from NCAA, and some of those players are from Teambuilder teams, will their college show up this year? Last year it just came up as N/A. I would think it should be able to considering there is a "school short name" option on Teambuilder.

# 154 speedy43 @ 06/25/10 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
I posted this in the Madden forum too..but..

I don't know if this has already been asked or if it's related to E3..

but, when you import a draft class from NCAA, and some of those players are from Teambuilder teams, will their college show up this year? Last year it just came up as N/A. I would think it should be able to considering there is a "school short name" option on Teambuilder.
I think Madden only takes into account schools it has already in its database

# 155 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/25/10 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I think Madden only takes into account schools it has already in its database
Yeah, I figured as much. Oh well.

# 156 clevenger77 @ 06/28/10 09:24 AM
so no coaching caroseul?

# 157 BlastX21 @ 07/03/10 01:08 AM
Are there going to be (a lot) less drops in the full version? Defenders in the demo drop, literally, over half of the balls that hit them in the hands. Receivers drop balls very often just because they were tackled right after they made the catch. These are real game changers that put in more luck and less skill.

# 158 Rebel10 @ 07/03/10 12:19 PM
Got a question --

Were there any modes removed from last year's game? I didn't get NCAA 2010 and opted for Madden instead, and I am getting NCAA '11 this year... I remember some things that seemed hokey last year but I'd still like to see if they're in, like the Fair Play / Online rating system and that thing that they had where you play with your favorite team or something against other people each week, etc.

Does anybody know if those are still in the game?

# 159 dan_457 @ 07/03/10 12:53 PM
I think you're referring to Season Showdown, and yeah it's still in this year.

# 160 gameface1324 @ 07/06/10 02:48 PM
No coaching contracts (aka job offers and ability to start an OD with 1-2 star programs and get promoted up)

And no Custom Conferences, or at least random conference invites if you are doing well with a small school.

Pretty much the main 2 questions I had. Sorry, but the online recruiting thing is nice and all, but its a year late and not enough to make me want to buy this game after all the issues with last years. :/

I guess I may change my mind, but nothing is screaming at me to buy this game.

So much could be done to this game in the way of little tiny things, to make it SO much better to play Online Dynasties. Alas... there is always next year

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.