Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports have just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

NBA2K Gamer: Did you guys add this to NBA 2K11?
DDP: Yessir

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates.."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kpax1º1 @ 09/15/10 05:52 PM
And here we go!

# 2 Mr.Wednesday @ 09/15/10 05:52 PM
Been waiting all day for this...

# 3 Ty @ 09/15/10 05:56 PM
Wow! They really have notched the bar up this year! Love it!!!

# 4 str8stuntin03 @ 09/15/10 05:58 PM
Work and 2k is all I'm about till the end of the year.. I'm loving it!!!!

# 5 brianyost06 @ 09/15/10 06:02 PM
Im really excited to see if this dynamic attendance thing really works as they claim it will. If we could see a Nets Twolves game that never gets crowded that would be a great addition. NBA Today 2.0 is keeping me on edge to see what other enhancements they have in store for us.

# 6 domidomdomz @ 09/15/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Halftime presentation has added some extra depth. In the past, halftime had one segment which broke down your current game with stats and highlights. That stays the same. New to 2K11 is the second segment: ‘Around the League’. This segment updates you on current scores and schedules and also includes leagues standings data. This way you are never far from the latest news and notes around the NBA while you are plowing through your My Player season. You’ll see Damon Bruce break down all the action. Again, this will also be addressed further in the Audio Insight by my man Joel Simmons.
I wonder what "see" means... hmmmm... EDIT: I think it will also be a voice over. Hehe.
Quote:
But one thing I can tell you: Just like TNT or ESPN, when the playoffs start, the production gets an upgrade. So goes with 2K11. Increased game intensity means more camera cuts, more camera angles and a pumped up crowd that will amp up the game environment. Combine that with more post game celebration, that includes confetti and more dynamic player reactions, and you get a post-season that really feels like an NBA post-season. Maybe even a certain surprise upon winning the NBA Championship?
Maybe Stern with a new suit and tie? Lol. But seriously, let's hope they make the championship that worthy.

# 7 shawnomega @ 09/15/10 06:04 PM
Playoff Specific Presentation
We wanted to differentiate Playoff & Finals games from Quick Game and regular play in The Association. We’re hoping that seeing the changes in presentation going from an 82 game season in The Association to the Playoffs is welcomed by the hardcore and casual fan alike. The atmosphere during the Playoffs just feels different. I am sure Erick will speak to this more.

But one thing I can tell you: Just like TNT or ESPN, when the playoffs start, the production gets an upgrade. So goes with 2K11. Increased game intensity means more camera cuts, more camera angles and a pumped up crowd that will amp up the game environment. Combine that with more post game celebration, that includes confetti and more dynamic player reactions, and you get a post-season that really feels like an NBA post-season. Maybe even a certain surprise upon winning the NBA Championship?

Sick.................

# 8 myownsun @ 09/15/10 06:04 PM
Thanks for the linkage

# 9 JSensui @ 09/15/10 06:05 PM
"Oh say can you see?"

National anthem? :O

# 10 Jamin23 @ 09/15/10 06:06 PM
I really do appreciate 2k's effort to improve all aspects of the game.

# 11 franzis @ 09/15/10 06:07 PM
I'm speechless...

# 12 domidomdomz @ 09/15/10 06:07 PM

Pop: "Dammit guys, are you listening to me or what?"

# 13 HotSauce2k3 @ 09/15/10 06:07 PM
Goodness. This is all too good to be true.

Sports GOTY, hands down...

# 14 HotSauce2k3 @ 09/15/10 06:09 PM
And here's hoping they got rid of the corny holiday overlays... (Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, etc.) Maybe I don't pay attention but I never see real broadcasts do that.

# 15 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/15/10 06:09 PM
main 2k is really doing everything possible in a 1 year cycle. People should really appreciate this

# 16 domidomdomz @ 09/15/10 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
And here's hoping they got rid of the corny holiday overlays... (Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, etc.) Maybe I don't pay attention but I never see real broadcasts do that.
I love the Halloween overlay!!!!

# 17 RubenDouglas @ 09/15/10 06:11 PM
This feels like it's too much.

in a good way

# 18 lionelzeus @ 09/15/10 06:15 PM
ok this just to much to take in how in the hell did they do all of this in one yr!!!!!!!!
this is the GOAT!!!!!!!!!!

# 19 ffaacc03 @ 09/15/10 06:16 PM
MVP ! ... MVP ! ... MVP ! ... 2k deserves we do them those chants until we have no salliva or until October 5 comes ... holy chants batman !, even after.

I am extremly hyped and anxious to read the association insight, with all those details and added inmersion (playoffs visual and sound atmospheras, yes ! ... arguing calss, yes ! ... halftime segment, yes !) ... I just hope they have implemented thecyber faces instead of those out of place black silhouttes as it could be the only detrayal, the only major thing that could take away what has been added.

# 20 23 @ 09/15/10 06:17 PM
Quote:
Next time you play as the road team and pull off one of those Signature Gather moves (as seen in the Controls Trailer), you might just see a couple of the wanna-be referees in the crowd stand up and beg for a traveling call from the guys who get paid to be officials.
I saw this one time in the demo

Someone in white stood up after a foul throwing his arm looking like he was yelling at the ref... funny

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.