Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 XuanWu @ 09/27/10 07:03 PM
I am SHOCKED EA Sports has a shred of integrity. I applaud this decision. The elite demo was absolutely GARBAGE. I can't help thinking all of the negative feedback on OS was pivotal in this decision being made. Score one for "the Internets".

# 82 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 09/27/10 07:04 PM
EA , I say its very ballsy but its the right move and while you will take a hit , You have gained respect of a lot of gamers. I am also extremley pleased you will be updating Live 10 with rookies and rosters etc. My question is , when will that download come out? I am looking foward to your progress and wish you the best.

# 83 joel0078 @ 09/27/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly, go back to Live 10 and fix it up the right way. Do it honest

Exactly! Forget this whole reinvention crap. You don't need to reinvent the series from where it was last year. Live 10 was solid. You were on the right track! You should work from there. It only needed some slight adjustments and improvements. Guaranteed had you wouldn't made to many changes, come 10-5, the customers would have been happier with an "updated" version of live 10 than the garbage that was the demo/retail version of Elite 11.

PS: This really was a great decision. I have stated several times I was done with the series, this gives me hope that it could still turn itself around.

# 84 BlakeSabbath84 @ 09/27/10 07:04 PM
Bravo EA, the smartest, most sensible decision you could have possibly made.

I'm so happy!

# 85 HoosierDaddy @ 09/27/10 07:04 PM
who said it will be released in January? Last time I checked, October 2011 would be time for Elite '12 anyways. I hope they take a year off and get it right!

# 86 SFBonds @ 09/27/10 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
EA will have to buy back all those games that were shipped to stores.
Whoever can get their hands on these made copies will be sitting on a gold mine!

Can anyone say collector item?

# 87 Shakedowncapo @ 09/27/10 07:05 PM
How embarrassing.

I knew I took the right stance being skeptical, even after certain guys came back from playing the game early and being overwhelmingly positive. Playing the demo for myself all but sealed the deal of how far off they were. I can't see how this game is looked at as one of their premier titles anymore...You think they would let this happen to Madden or FIFA? Let me answer that, no.

# 88 Rebel10 @ 09/27/10 07:05 PM
Excellent and mature decision from EA. Also great decision to continue to support NBA Life '10.

# 89 Jukeman @ 09/27/10 07:05 PM

Instead of waiting on numbers to talk (ala the College game) they finally listened to constructive criticism

When in 2011 will it be out? is the deadline next October?

They mention free DL's for Live '10 (which I may pick up) all season long...

# 90 nccomicfan @ 09/27/10 07:08 PM
I'll say this much..we get this game in March like it now says on Gamestop's site,Ea cannot charge 60 for that and turn around and gouge the public for 60 again next October..A moot point most likely because I don't expect to see 11 and I believe EA acknowledged that was possible when they announced they would update Live 10 for the whole year.

Pretty wild when we are going to get Duke Nukem Forever but might not see an EA sports title

# 91 BlueNGold @ 09/27/10 07:09 PM
WOW.....

Didn't think EA would have the balls to do this but they did. It's the right move. Good job updating Live 10 as well. That's the least they can do for whatever customers they have left.

I'm a little confused though. Are they pushing Elite 11 back to sometime in early 2011, or is Elite 11 essentially cancelled and they're just going to be working on it and releasing it as Elite 12 this time next year?

# 92 jr2424 @ 09/27/10 07:09 PM
WOW! Just heard. This is surprising. Good move on their part because the game wasn't nearly ready for public consumption but I can't believe they actually did it.

# 93 dexvex @ 09/27/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASIR2385
totally agree with you man. i don't understand how this is a "great" move either. people are going to understand that one day that loyalty can hurt you sometimes.
How is it not? Instead of releasing a broken game they decided to wait and work out some issues and possibly add more content(animations come to mind) More dev time on a game is NEVER a bad thing no matter how you try to spin it...

# 94 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/27/10 07:10 PM
Yeah just scrap the 11 season and put it all towards 12. I just hope no developers get fired over this or demoted. Being in the business world I know when the call comes from the top, crap rolls down hill fast and people on the bottom get scapegoated.

The next week or so I wouldn't want to be an EA developer thats for sure. I know they going to have yall in meetings and conference calls non stop. Peace be with you.

# 95 Bellsprout @ 09/27/10 07:11 PM
They should release it in March as a college game.

And then refine that formula for an October NBA release.

# 96 DaveDQ @ 09/27/10 07:11 PM
I have to disagree that this is a good decision. A week before release and they pull the carpet out from everything. That's very odd to me. At what point did they decide this? Is it because of the bad vibe the demo got? Surely the developers didn't step in and say, this shouldn't be on store shelves after the game went gold etc.

The game may be delayed but this speaks volumes about the current state of EA NBA basketball. When in 2011 is the right time to ship this? I just don't know about this and honestly think we may not see an NBA Elite. Very odd. All the money poured into ads, print, shipping etc. and they pull the plug. There must be something wrong with this game beyond what we have seen.

# 97 yopis @ 09/27/10 07:13 PM
Good for them to do this they could see the writing on the wall. I can't help but wonder if they are embarrassed about all the inuendo's about being a real experience. They could not even get a quality game out before the start of the NBA season. I don't feel sorry for these guys (professionally), as the problems and fall of live is their own doing(from the top down).

They tried everything from hinting NBA 2k was outdated, to saying the market was shrinking, to playing up the three year plan to buy more time. To be honest I don't think EA's game engines for their sports games were meant to last this long imo. 360 and PS3 in normal times would have had new systems by now or soon.(Going about 5 to 6 year intervals)

Fifa had the manager mode guts ripped out, Madden had to go in and revamp alot of stuff from franchise mode (sim stats ect) and still have not fully refreshed it yet. Elite failed (hence the delay) and that tells me they were short sighted with all of their franchises. I hope they get it right, competition is good.

No way in my opinion Elite was worth 60 bucks. It's sad that many people would have purchased and defended this game knowing now, EA knew it was not up to standard. If anything im glad they held back this game for the hardcore live guys so they don't waste their cash. Get to work guys and get it right, no matter how good the other game is I would like to switch some years it makes it fun.

This move won't change EA's image unless the game is great when it comes out. They also have to be careful because many people will ask, why all sports games don't go to a 2 year cycle if it takes that long. Skip a year and give me something great then I will ask myself why should I buy this yearly.

Good luck guys get to work.

# 98 DaChiefs @ 09/27/10 07:15 PM
Not a bad move...now I have to decide if I want to spend $60 on 2k11, or just hold on to Live 10 and receive free updates (potentially patches) on a game I enjoyed. Decisions, decisions...

# 99 madjax @ 09/27/10 07:16 PM
I hate the fact that people now are seeing EA as some kind of hero for not bringing out the game. They just tried to insult our intelligence by selling us a game they knew was bad from the start.

Now EA is acting like they are listening to us. If they did listen we would have good game now instead of a delayed and maybe even cancelled garbage

# 100 RubenDouglas @ 09/27/10 07:16 PM
Interesting move. You wait longer and expectations rise even more. 3 months isnt enough for much. They may as well be cancel it until elite 12. Even then, people will say, they had an "extra" year and the game is still just okay. It's nothing but catch up for the next 4 years at this pace

The hole is being dug deeper and deeper each time.

I feel they shouldve released it as is. Since this is basically on par with earlier live games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.