Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 edaddy @ 11/24/10 11:49 AM
OK quick questions I understand that some new animations have been added ..I presume that some previous animations had to be taken out..Has anyone noticed that some animations have been removed?...I love the falling down jumpshot animation has that been taken out?..also has anyone noticed if there is more movemnt offensively with players who dont have the ball?..Finally anyone noticed a change in the amount of charging, illegal screens, and reach in fouls called?..

# 82 bonannogiovanni @ 11/24/10 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul84
I dont like the patch, the cpu scores more points in the paint, just like in 2k9 and 2k10, 2k fixed the cavs court, but why in the blue hell couldnt they fix the suns, raptors, hornets and jazz courts for the european ps3 users?
Set your console locale to US, courts should be fixed this way.

# 83 triangleoffense @ 11/24/10 11:56 AM
I deleted my 'player progression' save file before I downloaded the patch. How do I re-download it?

# 84 domidomdomz @ 11/24/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I called 2 timeouts in my few games. I don't remember seeing the 20 second timeout display.... Anyone see it?
Yeah for some reason, I didn't see a 20 sec timeout too. I played a single online league game.

# 85 pokerplaya @ 11/24/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
2 problems:

No full halftime show

and No custom music category for between quarters added (highlights)...other than that....happy with patch.
I'm a lot more happy to get a better GAMEPLAY experience than custom music and a halftime show. This is the reason these games need patches when they come out, because they work too damn much on these things that few people care about.

NOTE: Please don't take that as an insult to you personally. I am just highly adamant that they work harder to make the GAME work first, and will definitely throw myself behind a patch to then fix your issues.

# 86 Paul84 @ 11/24/10 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Set your console locale to US, courts should be fixed this way.
How can i do it on the ps3?

# 87 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 12:03 PM
I was always under the impression that a patch... ummm... patches errors made in development. When did getting new things become part of the standard expectation?

# 88 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
I deleted my 'player progression' save file before I downloaded the patch. How do I re-download it?
Try:
Features> living rosters

Not sure, though.

# 89 Fiddy @ 11/24/10 12:06 PM
excuse me, im late to this party lol.. i didnt even know a patch was on its way..

woooooooooo

they fixed the Cavs court, even though Ronnie came out in a tweet to me saying that art files cant be patched!!

awesome 2k.. thank you!!

# 90 NINJAK2 @ 11/24/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I had my first quitter online just now!! It was soooo satisfying!! I had the Washington Wizards and he ran with the Boston Celtics. He was being too one dimensional trying to score everything with Ray Allen. He got so frustrated since he wasn't scoring consistently that he just tried forcing passes all game.....EASY TURNOVERS and FAST BREAK OPPORTUNITIES for John Wall and the gang. He eventually quit once I was up by 13. And I gave him negative feedback in the process LOL

The previous online game I had the Magic going against the Lakers. Once again, another one dimensional user. In fact, I held Kobe scoreless halfway through the third. All but two players on my team scored while only 4 players on his team scored the entire game. That was a satisfying win as well.

I love how you just can't force the drive inside anymore online. These cheesers going to have to work on their jumpshooting now MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice 2 hear Mos. Can't wait to check it out. Did they try to full court pass or spin dunk on u alot? What were the results Mos? Any changes to the full court press-ex:Uses more Stamina?

# 91 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 12:12 PM
Quickly:

- High socks, fixed
- Playcalling, fixed
- Memory load, lessened
- Perimeter bumping, lessened
- Passing, fixed
- Player control, tightened
- AI, improved

# 92 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Yeah for some reason, I didn't see a 20 sec timeout too. I played a single online league game.
Hmm, haven't checked. You know the workaround?

Press up on controller before timeout screen comes up, and then X.

# 93 kpax1º1 @ 11/24/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Are you on PS3?
Yes. Playing GT5 before but I might play some games later

# 94 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Nice 2 hear Mos. Can't wait to check it out. Did they try to full court pass or spin dunk on u alot? What were the results Mos? Any changes to the full court press-ex:Uses more Stamina?
My friend and I in our online game tried throwing long passes over and over in the first quarter. Only one got through. And the pass was from Steve Nash. It barely got through. Stamia was changed too. He likes to fastbreak a lot with the Suns. Nash and Parker were pretty tired at the end of the quarter (They both had G's). Like I said before.... I only got one spin dunk to work. And I have to say it looked pretty legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Hmm, haven't checked. You know the workaround?

Press up on controller before timeout screen comes up, and then X.
We know that already. It's that it doesn't appear. While I've seen 3 people here say they saw it appear. I didn't see it in 3 games.

# 95 tcrews @ 11/24/10 12:31 PM
I came away very impressed with this patch after 3 games over the course of the last few hours. I'm actually one of the people that loved the game as it was. After some slider adjustments I felt the game was the greatest bball game I'd ever played. So for me, it's not a case of a broken game being fixed. It's a case of the best getting a whole lot better.

I'm not sure if they literally put new animations in the game, or they were already in there and just never happened. But players attempting to dunk in traffic will branch into a shot or layup, or flat out get blocked. The shot animations are very, very realistic and they are identical to what you would say in the real NBA once a player realized he was trying to dunk on too many people. Aside from that, the shot will go in too. Which surprised me a bit because attempting a dunk and then you see your guy changing into an off balance scoop layup or stepback jumper. You'd assume he'd miss. But it's still got a chance to go in, which is awesome to see.

Ballhandling/Perimeter defense is much, much better now. If you have CP3, you're now able to get around your defender if you're using the correct dribble moves for the situation, the help defense commits more post patch and is quicker to get there, so you can really light people up with passes. In the 3 games I've played post patch, I've already saved 4 replays of incredibly efficient ball movement that was just incredible to watch. No super recovery speed by the defense on help D. If you use someone like CP3, D-Will, or Rondo. You're truly able to dominate and take over a game just like they do on a near nightly basis. It's not TOO easy to get around people, mind you. You just need to take what the defense gives you. If they're bodying up on you, you'll burn them with a good point guard. If they're trying to force you one way, go right ahead and make them pay. And if they're tired of getting burned (the CPU is great at making those adjustments now) they'll play off you and outside of Rondo you can make them pay with the 3 ball. Definitely a lot better. Plus the bumping is very rare and only happens in the correct situations.

Rebounding is a million times better. Having Yao or Roy Hibbert no longer guarantees 20 rebounds and 10 blocks just because they're really tall. In the last game I played using the Grizzlies, Gasol had 14 rebounds, Z-Bo had 17 rebounds, and Gay had 10 rebounds. If you follow the NBA you'll know that the Grizzlies are among the top few teams in the league in rebounding largely due to Gasol and Z-Bo. So it was really cool to see that represented. I was going against the Suns and at times they'd have a lineup of Nash, Dragic, J-Rich, Turk, and Childress. Very, very small. When they went with that lineup it was easier for them to get fast break points, but absurdly difficult for them to prevent me from getting offensive rebounds, which balanced it out. I had 19 offensive rebounds (far and away the most I've ever had) with 22 second chance points. Pre-patch the suns wouldn't have suffered any disadvantages for going with such a small lineup.

Post game is something I was happy with and thought was great, but post patch they've improved it drastically, somehow. It's very difficult to explain but it just feels a lot better. Plus if you're able to get a mismatch, for instance at one point I had Z-Bo with Nash guarding him, that ridiculous contact animation doesn't play out so that a 6' point guard messes up a 6'10 250lb Centers shot. Quite the contrary, Zach turned on Nash and just went right over him with a silky smooth left handed finger-roll. A shot which until that point I hadn't seen. So that's a blessing because that was very frustrating to have that happen anytime you had a huge advantage in the post. Aside from that, the shots feel smoother and it seems as though you have more control both over your moves and your release point. I had 25 points with Gasol and 24 with Randolph. Both of them were on fire and the undersized Suns constantly had to double team them because they were getting killed down low.

Fast Breaks are a lot, lot, lot better. The Suns were able to run on me a lot of times and i got burnt. But whenever I saw a fast break opportunity, I was also able to run it with no magical catch up speed or 4 players automatically being back within .2 seconds ready for the break. I haven't used any Run and Gun teams like the Warriors or Suns yet, but just with the teams I did use, I was able to run the break very nicely.

I never had an issue with passing or turnovers, but it's really cool to see more fumbled passes, inaccurate passes, and penalties for throwing full court passes with guys that have no business throwing them. Even guys with low passing ratings that pass out of the shot are being penalized, and rightfully so. Channing Frye threw a full court pass to Turkoglu in my last game and Turk jumped out of bounds, tried to tip it backwards over his head to give a teammate a chance to make a play on the ball, but wasn't able to get enough power on the tip and it resulted in a turnover. I even saved that play because of the realism. Very cool stuff.

All in all, I know there's people that worry at times about the roster updates allegedly changing game play and them wishing they'd never downloaded it. But this patch is definitely something that makes the game a lot better, whether you're like me and you already loved the game, feeling kinda "eh" about the game, or flat out didn't like it. I can't think of any reasons you'd regret downloading the patch. Hope this helps some people that aren't able to get the patch yet or are debating on whether or not to download it.

# 96 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
My friend and I in our online game tried throwing long passes over and over in the first quarter. Only one got through. And the pass was from Steve Nash. It barely got through. Stamia was changed too. He likes to fastbreak a lot with the Suns. Nash and Parker were pretty tired at the end of the quarter (They both had G's). Like I said before.... I only got one spin dunk to work. And I have to say it looked pretty legit.

We know that already. It's that it doesn't appear. While I've seen 3 people here say they saw it appear. I didn't see it in 3 games.
I know. I just wasn't sure if he knew.

# 97 eko718 @ 11/24/10 12:31 PM
This patch is very good. I love the gameplay improvements... seems like a happy medium between those who complained about the bumping and those who didn't mind it. Help D feels a bit better, controls seem more responsive, passing feels better and the overall gameplay feels smoother. I can't believe they fixed the Cavs court! Bravo 2K.

# 98 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 12:37 PM
It feels to me like contact between all players has been adjusted and now functions much better.

Drive at a PG with your PG in the backcourt and he will slip to the side and initiate contact from there. Thus, slightly impeding your progress and protecting the lane but they are no longer a wall. You also fall into the step back animation on bumps far less. Much improved.

Lateral movement could use some work, so that the defender could move laterally and shadow the ball carrier better. But all in all, much improved. Speed actually kills now.

# 99 edaddy @ 11/24/10 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
OK quick questions I understand that some new animations have been added ..I presume that some previous animations had to be taken out..Has anyone noticed that some animations have been removed?...I love the falling down jumpshot animation has that been taken out?..also has anyone noticed if there is more movemnt offensively with players who dont have the ball?..Finally anyone noticed a change in the amount of charging, illegal screens, and reach in fouls called?..
Jeebs can you give me any insight to this my man?

# 100 LeBron59 @ 11/24/10 12:39 PM
Do I have to change some sliders since the patch ??

I'm using jds' set

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.