Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Flightwhite24 @ 11/24/10 01:39 PM
What a awesome job 2K did with this patch to an already very good game.

Loving everything about the patch especially the way the bigs jump now in defending against shots. Very realistic now

I don't think this game can ever get better than what it is this year. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!

# 122 erickonasis @ 11/24/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I have to agree here guys. The I play likes to shot a lot of 3 pointers (plays with the Suns). But this morning I've never see him miss so many 3's. It will probably just take some time getting use to to the new releases. He was telling me that the releases were much more later. I missed my fair share too. It just an adjustment period.

My question now... What do you guy think online guys will relie on now? No more spin dunk/hopstep or touchdown passes. What will they lean on now?
I thought you use real FG% ? Shot release doesnt matter

# 123 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 01:47 PM
I have been using it for a while now. I turn it on once in a while. But I mostly play on shot stick release.

# 124 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
What a awesome job 2K did with this patch to an already very good game.

Loving everything about the patch especially the way the bigs jump now in defending against shots. Very realistic now

I don't think this game can ever get better than what it is this year. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!
Don't say that... because it always gets better.

# 125 DaReapa @ 11/24/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
In the middle of the 1st quarter of the Bucks-Cavaliers NBA Today game. The court has indeed been fixed.

Some quick impressions:

- Boxing out!! Yes!! It's present and makes rebounding that much less frustrating. I haven't seen any CPU plays magically sky over to steal a rebound from me yet that they were not in position for.

- Passing is way better and less frustrating as well. My passes are definitely going to my intended targets now when I directional pass. It makes throwing turnovers much easier to swallow now because you can't blame it on the pass going to an unintended target.

- Jumpshooting is a lil more refined. I've taking a few step backs with Booby Gibson...nothing but net! (Playing on All-Star sim)

- There's still bumping on man defense which I can live with at this point. I haven't had any mismatches on the perimeter yet to exploit to see what degree this was eliminated in those situations. It's something I'll look out for as I progress through the game.

- I noticed that the verticals have been fixed as well. Anderson Varejo is barely getting off the floor during block attempts. That should tame some of the 18+ blocks of game I've been getting. I like the feat, but it was a bit unrealistic to be able to do that consistently.

More impressions to follow...
So far for my initial impressions, I agree with everything you've posted. Also, I've noticed that I'm actually able to beat big men off the dribble with my pg during mismatches and the cpu doesn't recover as quickly during fastbreaks, which is now more realistic than pre-patch.

# 126 OSUFan_88 @ 11/24/10 02:11 PM
This game is incredible post patch. Much, much, MUCH less cheap now and feels more fair.

# 127 erickonasis @ 11/24/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
. But I mostly play on shot stick release.
ahhhhhhhh...thats what i like to hear

# 128 amedawg00 @ 11/24/10 02:15 PM
Any word on the success of contested jump shot animations online being toned down post patch?

# 129 Mos1ted @ 11/24/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3D-Wade Rock
Sup Everyone I heard the Patch is out For Xbox 360 I just went on game and it downloaded it for me. Did it fix the Association mode like is the Crowd More louder now and what did it fix if anything for Association. Cause Iam starting an association but not controlling my team. I will be like the coach and have the CPU Play Each Other so I was wondering what did it fix for association.
Not trying to be rude dude, but everything is listed in the link in the very first post in the thread. And besides, you have the patch now, so why not just see for yourself if the crowd is louder?

# 130 DRose_BRoy17 @ 11/24/10 02:23 PM
Just played a few games on My Player, I play Center for the Boston Celtics.. It feels a lot better to control, teammates are much smarter than before and they play and setup like their real life counter parts. Very nice 2k Keep it UP!!!

# 131 greenieblue @ 11/24/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
The other thread has been locked so re-posting this here.

What about the issue with multiple teams drafting the same player in Association?

I wonder if this is an XBOX/PC-only issue? I've gone through 11 seasons of an association and never saw this once. Strange.

Sorry, that's not much help.

# 132 HotShot818 @ 11/24/10 02:28 PM
First, I play My Player mode to have fun and dominate.

I am a center and all I do with this play calling bull**** is set 3 screens every possession.

Setting screens is not fun, at all.

I don't care how realistic it is, if I'm average 20 ppg as a rookie C I want the ball in the post as much as possible just like it would happen in real life.

Make the automatic playcalling optional.

# 133 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
ahhhhhhhh...thats what i like to hear
That's old news... I play mostly online. My offline games which is like 2%-3% of my overall time.

# 134 HotShot818 @ 11/24/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Work on your offensive skills and see if that gets you more touches.
My low post's are around 80.

I'm just saying the playcalling should be an on/off option.

Don't force me to set 3 screens every possession and never touch the ball.

# 135 poopmasterc @ 11/24/10 02:36 PM
Seems like they didn't fix the 3 PT shooting for simulation settings and you still can't call plays properly if you're not a PG in MyPlayer. Disappointing. At least I can start up an association now.

# 136 Vanman2425 @ 11/24/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot818
My low post's are around 80.

I'm just saying the playcalling should be an on/off option.

Don't force me to set 3 screens every possession and never touch the ball.
Like the other guy, NBA Jam may be more your style.

# 137 flash17 @ 11/24/10 02:39 PM
is someone willing to post the patch for download for non-xbox live users please?

# 138 HotShot818 @ 11/24/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman2425
Like the other guy, NBA Jam may be more your style.
Dude, I'm playing offline, not online.

If I want the ball and I'm doing good I should get the damn ball.

And btw, get off the sack please.

# 139 erickonasis @ 11/24/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot818
Dude, I'm playing offline, not online.

If I want the ball and I'm doing good I should get the damn ball.

And btw, get off the sack please.
LOLOL..............

# 140 erickonasis @ 11/24/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
That's old news... I play mostly online. My offline games which is like 2%-3% of my overall time.
The impression i got from you from the RFG% / shotstick thread was theat u harldy EVER use the shot stick...Maybe i read it wrong but thats def what i remember...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.