Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 781 Rules @ 03/28/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK_T
Hey look here BOY! Im a full grown MAN trying to make a point about a FULL FEATURE of the game missing now. I've been nice to you guys in this blog but calling me a kid cause Im pissed they excluded championship stats crossed the line Jacka**. You think I dont know I can the championships on paper well no DUH moron. Wow lets give you the smarta** award of the year. How am I going PROVE to my gaming friends that I won championships on the Hardest level at 100% race length like I could on Nascar 09 huh? What write it on paper LOL. This is 2011 not 1990. Games are suppose to include ALL common sense stats. Im a hardcore gamer that counts on stats for PROOF. I dont spend 60 freaking bucks on games were I have be a idiot writing its stats on paper when the game should HAVE IT INCLUDED IN GAME!
Take a picture of the screen and send it to them

# 782 thebobster10 @ 03/28/11 05:07 PM
Hey Blue! I've been following this thread since Thursday and joined just so I could start chiming in. Thanks for all these updates!

I LOVE you Haha.

Anyways. It is great to hear that the patch made the AI more difficult. Now I am just hoping that it did not make the AI impossible.

My question about the patch is that does it make the AI more difficult on JUST the "very hard" setting? Or on all settings? Because if the AI is pretty much impossible on "very hard" then instinctively I would want to go to a lower difficulty but if they only updated the "very hard" option then that would mean I would have to race crappy AI.

Does that make sense? I hope it does. Haha.

# 783 bluengold34_OS @ 03/28/11 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcaridnals1522
blue i gotta important question for you

QUESTION: When you race online, can you make it so everyone in your race will be using the same setup? So basically a fixed setup for the race?
Yep, they give the room creator the option to bring in a fixed set-up and block type of a custom one, only what the admin has provided.

# 784 stlcaridnals1522 @ 03/28/11 05:10 PM
Yes blue, that is awesome news. Thank you very much!!!

# 785 jaykay098 @ 03/28/11 05:10 PM
So blue do you feel that patch really helped fix the ai then? Must of if you finished dead last.

# 786 bluengold34_OS @ 03/28/11 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobster10
Hey Blue! I've been following this thread since Thursday and joined just so I could start chiming in. Thanks for all these updates!

I LOVE you Haha.

Anyways. It is great to hear that the patch made the AI more difficult. Now I am just hoping that it did not make the AI impossible.

My question about the patch is that does it make the AI more difficult on JUST the "very hard" setting? Or on all settings? Because if the AI is pretty much impossible on "very hard" then instinctively I would want to go to a lower difficulty but if they only updated the "very hard" option then that would mean I would have to race crappy AI.

Does that make sense? I hope it does. Haha.

I didn't feel like it was impossible, but I need to do some real testing with both the controller and wheel on all levels, before I start giving a ton of impressions post-patch

# 787 bluengold34_OS @ 03/28/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay098
So blue do you feel that patch really helped fix the ai then? Must of if you finished dead last.
Yeah, it wasnt like I was crushed, although 1 might think I was. It was just that I was in a constant battle in the back of the pack, and then I would a very small mistake, and have to play catch up again.

Like I mentioned above, I am going to do some real testing for an hour or so, with both wheel and controller, and get you guys some results.

# 788 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/28/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Yeah, it wasnt like I was crushed, although 1 might think I was. It was just that I was in a constant battle in the back of the pack, and then I would a very small mistake, and have to play catch up again.

Like I mentioned above, I am going to do some real testing for an hour or so, with both wheel and controller, and get you guys some results.
Wow Bob...sounds like it might kinda force you to do some setup work and testing to compete? At least on the higher levels of difficulty, I mean.

# 789 petty43 @ 03/28/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

Sounds like a good challenge now might have to work on setups...l like this news

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

# 790 Kingsly9 @ 03/28/11 05:24 PM
Sounds great! Did the damage issue get addressed in terms of the 'Big One'

# 791 stlcaridnals1522 @ 03/28/11 05:24 PM
I wonder if the really good setups from nascar 09 will work if you do the exact same thing on ntg 2011

# 792 petty43 @ 03/28/11 05:26 PM
Has anyone's amazons release day order show shipped yet ?

# 793 the_serz88 @ 03/28/11 05:26 PM
Jesus balls, lets all stop feeding the trolls.

Can't wait for tomorrow, btw! Definitely a good day to skip class...

# 794 the_serz88 @ 03/28/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petty43

Nope. I'm wondering how this "get it on release day" thing works if it still hasn't shipped the night before.

# 795 dynamicvision @ 03/28/11 05:28 PM
Quote:
Not yet, mine still says it's "being prepared for shipment". Should ship any hour now though.

# 796 petty43 @ 03/28/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_serz88
Nope. I'm wondering how this "get it on release day" thing works if it still hasn't shipped the night before.
I know I ordered mlb the show day before release at like 3pm est and it came 11am the next day

# 797 the_serz88 @ 03/28/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
I know I ordered mlb the show day before release at like 3pm est and it came 11am the next day
Did it get shipped normally or through UPS/FedEx?

# 798 mashookaloo123 @ 03/28/11 05:37 PM
i was watching a gameplay video of talladega and going into turn 3 it looks like theres a small section where there is no catch fence O_o maybe i am just seeing things but thats what it seemed like.

# 799 petty43 @ 03/28/11 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_serz88
Did it get shipped normally or through UPS/FedEx?
UPS

# 800 chrisasst @ 03/28/11 05:42 PM
Quote:

I orginally ordered it from gamestop and they just called said it will be there at 10am.. so hopefully amazons won't be to far behind.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.