Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 12 blog, written by Roy Harvey, Executive Producer of NCAA Football 12.

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins. Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see. It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed. It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year “A New Game Plan”; Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation.

The community feedback we’ve received on ’11 through emails, forums, and surveys has been encouraging and I’m happy to report that we’ve incorporated many of these requests into the newest edition.

Starting with the core, we continue to acknowledge and agree that gameplay is what matters most. The engine we share with our brothers on Madden is getting some big upgrades and improvements that we will customize and tune for the right collegiate feel. You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year. Other than that, there’s not much more I can say just yet. But please be patient, there are definitely “under the hood” details ahead in the coming weeks.

With regard to authentic presentation, we are making a big push in this area as well because it’s a huge part of what college football means -- the passion, pageantry, and tradition is like no other sport in the world (FIFA comes close…). You may have caught a few of the rough iPhone screenshots released so far, but the better looking stuff is coming in the next few days. Here are a few minor details I can share now for my Michigan brethren. At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year.

New Big House stadium lights are also in and ready to go…

Another minor item to start planning for – you’ll be able to fully customize entrance music this year, so get your tracks ready…

Finally, with regards to online, the response to NCAA Football 11’s online dynasty mode has been outstanding, so expect some interesting news here in as we get closer to launch.

In closing, on behalf of the team I’d like to thank all the fans who’ve written in with suggestions and comments. While we can’t possibly get to the thousands of ideas that have come in, we do take your feedback very seriously when designing the game and work to get as much in as time and resources will allow. From big ideas to the little things like dreads, bowl patches, band placement, uniform details, and mascot changes – everything contributes to realism and authenticity – and they all came from you. So please keep the cards and letters coming…

Keep the faith, real news is up ahead!

Roy
NCAA Football 12
Executive Producer

Source - NCAA Football 12 Blog: Welcome Back

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/18/11 05:34 PM
Nice blog to start out with. I love the NCAA Dev Team vision for this year and beyond. I also love how they really focusing on the gameplay aswell. So far everything looks good. It's going to be a long week worth info and all. Can't wait.

# 22 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/18/11 05:35 PM
Thursday can't come fast enough.......feels like christmas in april.

# 23 TDenverFan @ 04/18/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Also, we now know they are at least attempting to fix the defense, which is what we've all been asking for. He implied a lot of big stuff without going out and actually saying it.
This.

That is exactly what I was thinking while reading this blog. Very little concrete info, but a ton of potential info.

# 24 PVarck31 @ 04/18/11 05:39 PM
I think the Rose Bowl thing was a hint that there will be play now bowl games.

I also get a good vibe from this Harvey guy. He doesn't seem to be talking out his *** like we have seen before. I am speaking in general not just football games. He sounds like he cares. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

Also great to hear defense is getting some love.

# 25 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/18/11 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Thursday can't come fast enough.......feels like christmas in april.
Haha bro I'm right behind you on this one. I can't wait neither. Getting all this info about improvements is going to be great.

# 26 Solidice @ 04/18/11 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
We can do play now bowl games in NCAA '11. Or am I wrong?
you can choose to play in a bowl game stadium, but I don't think the game treats it like a bowl.

# 27 sportzbro @ 04/18/11 05:46 PM
Doesn't look like we got new Adidas cleats...wtf.

# 28 PVarck31 @ 04/18/11 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
We can do play now bowl games in NCAA '11. Or am I wrong?
You might be right. For some reason I thought you couldn't.

# 29 PVarck31 @ 04/18/11 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
you can choose to play in a bowl game stadium, but I don't think the game treats it like a bowl.
Ok, thats probably what I was thinking. I just remember something wasn't right with it.

# 30 volstopfan14 @ 04/18/11 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Doesn't look like we got new Adidas cleats...wtf.
Yeah and didn't see any addidas gloves either. All the Michigan players had the generic gray gloves on

# 31 dxdude2004 @ 04/18/11 05:53 PM
Anyone who expected anyting more than what we got today.... Not sure how you could expect anything more than what we have in this. I LOVE this blog. Hearing about entrance music??? I got this huge grin on my face. And hearing about better gameplay and better defense? Awesome!

It's already been said, but Thursday can't come quick enough!!!!!!

# 32 blkrptnt819 @ 04/18/11 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
How can you say this isn't an important post?

The gameplay engine had been improved and he assured us that was the #1 priority, which has been the biggest concern here on the boards.
That's what made me super happy. That could mean some physics within the animations.

# 33 Hassan Darkside @ 04/18/11 05:55 PM
Aww yea, now I can finally have Enter Sandman getting me hyped at the beginning of games.

# 34 TDenverFan @ 04/18/11 05:55 PM
I dunno... the lack of Adidas (Or any equiptment variation) never bothers me. I'm sure if Adidas really wanted to they could manage to get their stuff into the game.

# 35 coogrfan @ 04/18/11 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Totally agree. Although I expect much more, I am not going to complain. And I think the entrance music is the biggest announcement to date. Although some people skip over it after a few, I love seeing my huskers do the tunnel walk and now I can hear the Alan Parsons Project as it is happening.

Nebraska - The Land That Time Forgot.

I keed, I keeeeeeeeeeed...

# 36 Roggie @ 04/18/11 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Aww yea, now I can finally have Enter Sandman getting me hyped at the beginning of games.
Now we can just hope the entrance is a bit longer, showing the tunnel and the crowd jumping.

# 37 sportzbro @ 04/18/11 05:59 PM
Also, what is with all these grainy/poor quality pictures they keep posting? They honestly look like trash.

And no sight of chain gang.........again

# 38 volstopfan14 @ 04/18/11 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I dunno... the lack of Adidas (Or any equiptment variation) never bothers me. I'm sure if Adidas really wanted to they could manage to get their stuff into the game.
It bothers me because Tennessee is an addidas school and every year NCAA seems to favor nike. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if addidas and under armour got some equipment too

# 39 SageInfinite @ 04/18/11 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Also, what is with all these grainy/poor quality pictures they keep posting? They honestly look like trash.

And no sight of chain gang.........again
Yea I'm pretty disappointed they still haven't added the chain gang.

# 40 berad88 @ 04/18/11 06:02 PM
Seems like 99% of the people that care about entrance music are Virginia Tech fans. I got sick of hearing Enter Sandman 20 years ago and now maybe you will too lol Anyhow I am glad they are happy about it. One less thing to hear people whine about when any future presentation news is released.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.