Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms: Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Product Details: NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday like never before as you go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in Road to Glory and Dynasty modes. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new collision system, make an impact by leading your team to the National Championship with NCAA Football 12.
  • Authentic Gameday Traditions - Feel the true emotion of college football as your team runs onto the field with new pre-game traditions like the Sooner Schooner and Ramblin' Wreck, and celebrate big plays alongside school icons like Chief Osceola, Uga, and Tommy Trojan.
  • Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.
Source - NCAA Football 12 - GameStop

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bumble14 @ 04/20/11 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Ha, the way they wrote that it sounds like it goes from Road to Glory straight into dynasty, as if they put in a coverter to take your character directly to a head coach for dynasty.

Hmm, I wonder if the player creater will have the same (or similar) depth as MLB 11 The Show. I want my cleets broken down into four parts please.
This is how the Race for the Hesiman mode worked back in NCAA06. You would be a player, then you would have the opportunity to become a coach after your playing days were over.

Sounds like the mode is making a comeback ;-)

# 42 RGiles36 @ 04/20/11 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im not even getting hyped man. Same thing happened with "Pro-Tak" talk. I'll have to see it in real time to believe it.
Taking this approach as well. But similar to the recent blurbs about presentation in both games, it's at the minimum encouraging to see they are trying to address areas that have been issues for years. The note mentions momentum not just for tackles, but for collisions as well. In an ideal scenario, it would translate to more visually appealing animations.

# 43 rynecandy @ 04/20/11 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
huh? the code will be inside the box when you get it from gamestop.. you can't just cancel your preorder after you get the code or return the game
They can't do that. EA sends the same box to every retailer (already wrapped)...that is why people will sometimes buy a game (when they find it early) and return the preorder they buy from GS to that retailer (or vice versa). GS just adds a code to the end of the receipt and you have to log onto their site to get another code to enter in the game. They did this for MLB 10 The Show, when it came to getting free Stadiums. Same is true for this years free month of MLB.TV. GS will continue to screw themselves by doing this.

# 44 brza37 @ 04/20/11 09:45 AM
Right after finally building up some positive vibes for 12 with a very impressive sizzle trailer EA had to go and crush that momentum with their nickel and dime tactics :
These PC Uniforms are a part of the upcoming season so they should be a part of the game. They should be available for free for all customers. You wanna sell MUT and Dynasty cheats go ahead but don't sell us uniforms. :

# 45 MrCWS83 @ 04/20/11 09:52 AM
I already preordered it on Amazon with credit I have occurred. This doesn't surprise me EA did this. As long as I don't have to pay for them I don't care but it's pretty dumb.

# 46 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Right after finally building up some positive vibes for 12 with a very impressive sizzle trailer EA had to go and crush that momentum with their nickel and dime tactics :
These PC Uniforms are a part of the upcoming season so they should be a part of the game. They should be available for free for all customers. You wanna sell MUT and Dynasty cheats go ahead but don't sell us uniforms. :
Whine, whine, whine.

EA/GS aren't asking you or anyone else to pay one penny over retail for these items. To claim this is "nickle and dime tactics" is nonsense.

Oh, and one more thing--If it's like NCAA 11 these will actually be the PC's from the previous year, so they really aren't "a part of the upcoming season".

# 47 brza37 @ 04/20/11 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Whine, whine, whine.

EA/GS aren't asking you or anyone else to pay one penny over retail for these items. To claim this is "nickle and dime tactics" is nonsense.

Oh, and one more thing--If it's like NCAA 11 these will actually be the PC's from the previous year, so they really aren't "a part of the upcoming season".
Not everybody wants to pre-order. Some actually like to play the full game before making a decision. And not everyone can pre-order from GS either. I live in germany and ncaa is not available through gamestop here. And yes its not confirmed that these will be pay DLC for people who didn't pre-order from GS but why do you think they won't do that?

And I don't think its whining to expect alternate unis to be in the game with no strings attached when thats the way it used to be with EA Sports. And its still the way their competitors operate.

# 48 Bumble14 @ 04/20/11 10:19 AM
Quote:
Not everybody wants to pre-order. Some actually like to play the full game before making a decision. And not everyone can pre-order from GS either. I live in germany and ncaa is not available through gamestop here. And yes its not confirmed that these will be pay DLC for people who didn't pre-order from GS but why do you think they won't do that?

And I don't think its whining to expect alternate unis to be in the game with no strings attached when thats the way it used to be with EA Sports. And its still the way their competitors operate.
Agree with this post 100%

# 49 illwill10 @ 04/20/11 10:27 AM
I understand Dynasty/RTG cheats and other small stuff i to receive an advantage, but not jerseys. Even though I might not play as any of these teams(dont like to play with great teams), I do want to eventually play against them in Dynasty. Every time I face a team I like to use alternate jeseys for them.
I actually dont want to preorder from GS. I want to get it from BESt Buy because I have a BEst Buy card with money on there from a while ago.

# 50 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 10:31 AM
Quote:
That's unfortunate, but it's also an extemely rare situation. 99.9% of the people who are going to purchase NCAA 12 can take advantage of this offer if they chose to do so.

Quote:
That's simply not true, virtually all game publishers do this sort of thing now. To cite some examples:
  • last year Sony rewarded people who pre-ordered MLB 10 with a code that enabled users to download classic stadiums;
  • People who pre-ordered Halo Reach at GS received an exclusive in game armor suit.
If you do a google search for "gamestop pre-order exclusive" you'll find more examples. It's just the way the business works now.

One other thought--last year EA instituted the Online Pass program in order to to encourage people to buy games new rather than used. Since used games are a large part of GS's business EA has wisely chosen to soften the blow by rewarding one of their largest retailers with exclusive content that will generate additional new unit sales in order to make up for the lost revenue from used versions.

# 51 TrapStar215 @ 04/20/11 10:36 AM
I guess I'll go pre-order on my way to class.

# 52 brza37 @ 04/20/11 10:51 AM
Quote:
That's unfortunate, but it's also an extemely rare situation. 99.9% of the people who are going to purchase NCAA 12 can take advantage of this offer if they chose to do so.
I know its extremely rare, I was just listing different reasons why one wouldn't pre-order from Gamestop. Other posters listed some other reasons.

Quote:
That's simply not true, virtually all game publishers do this sort of thing now. To cite some examples:
  • last year Sony rewarded people who pre-ordered MLB 10 with a code that enabled users to download classic stadiums;
  • People who pre-ordered Halo Reach at GS received an exclusive in game armor suit.
If you do a google search for "gamestop pre-order exclusive" you'll find more examples. It's just the way the business works now.
Stadiums are a whole different ball game. Classic stadiums involve a lot more effort and usually also involve individual licensing fees.

And I specifically mentioned EA Sports because I only was comparing to the sports game competitors. NBA 2k and The Show don't charge for uniforms.

I know this is the way things have been going for other game genres and will probably be for all games in the future. It doesn't mean that we should just quietly accept it though. Its natural to expect things that were free/no strings attached in the past should remain that way.

# 53 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/20/11 11:53 AM
The new tackling system sounds good. Can't wait to see it in action come Thursday when we finallly get some good gameplay footage. This is just making me want NCAA12 more and more now.

# 54 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 11:54 AM
Quote:
Stadiums are a whole different ball game. Classic stadiums involve a lot more effort and usually also involve individual licensing fees.
They are, indeed--baseball stadiums actually affect gameplay. Alternate uniforms are completely, totally, 100% cosmetic.

Quote:
And I specifically mentioned EA Sports because I only was comparing to the sports game competitors. NBA 2k and The Show don't charge for uniforms.
As far as I can see, neither is EA. They are simply requiring those who want these items to purchase from a specific retailer.

Quote:
I know this is the way things have been going for other game genres and will probably be for all games in the future. It doesn't mean that we should just quietly accept it though. Its natural to expect things that were free/no strings attached in the past should remain that way.
It may be natural, but it's also unrealistic. That sort of thing has gone the way of airlines providing complimentary drinks and peanuts.

# 55 osubuckeyez937 @ 04/20/11 11:58 AM
again this year ea? come on..everyone's paying their 60 bucks for the game and the only way to get all the features is if you preorder it?

# 56 DaveDQ @ 04/20/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach_III
Nice.. new tackling engine...hmm
No one said it's a new engine. You are completely taking the quote and running with it. All they said was enhanced tackling system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im not even getting hyped man. Same thing happened with "Pro-Tak" talk. I'll have to see it in real time to believe it.
It also reminds me of when Madden was talking about "branching technology" where a tackle had different ways to play out. The way they mention how it's an enhanced tackling system, by saying we have control of the player through the moment of impact makes me think the enhancement is more on the side of one on one tackles. I'm more interested in being able to engage in a tackle situation that has already been established by two other players and not dive through the action.

I don't want to be crude about it, but in both NCAA and Madden proper gang tackling is longer over due. It sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but it's just something I really wish they'd include.

# 57 NJG-11 @ 04/20/11 01:05 PM
already got it pre-ordered hopefully dis game is as good as its looks

# 58 jwilphl @ 04/20/11 01:19 PM
Will West Virginia's Pro Combat unis be in the game? Just curious since they aren't part of the pre-order. As such, I won't really care to pre-order from Gamestop. I would like to see those in the game, however. Plus with the few bad experiences I've had with Gamestop I'm hesitant to buy from them anymore.

Does anyone know of other stores offering pre-order deals on the game?

# 59 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturboweenie
my $60 bucks SHOULD EQUATE to PRO-COMBAT UNIs without having to preorder that ish! like i said before, i hate gamestop, and will never support them. PLUS, i get my game a week early at a swapmeet. wtf EA.
Why?

Also, congrats on your "EA/GS is interfering with my ability to break the street date" line of reasoning. You're probably not that far from the truth.

Think about it. If you were EA or GS and you wanted to encourage people to avoid retailers who sell the game early, can you think of a better way to do so than by making uni's than many people consider highly desirable an exclusive to the one retailer that never, ever breaks street dates?

# 60 SteelerSpartan @ 04/20/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Why?

Also, congrats on your "EA/GS is interfering with my ability to break the street date" line of reasoning. You're probably not that far from the truth.

Because its been established standard by EA and their competitors that you don't charge for jerseys........

That whole why can't we charge for this or that by devs and game publishers is precisely one of the reasons you see so much venom on the net for these guys....

Heck lets start charging for everytime you turn on a console and boot up the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.