Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms: Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.

Product Details: NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday like never before as you go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in Road to Glory and Dynasty modes. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new collision system, make an impact by leading your team to the National Championship with NCAA Football 12.
  • Authentic Gameday Traditions - Feel the true emotion of college football as your team runs onto the field with new pre-game traditions like the Sooner Schooner and Ramblin' Wreck, and celebrate big plays alongside school icons like Chief Osceola, Uga, and Tommy Trojan.
  • Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.
Source - NCAA Football 12 - GameStop

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Because its been established standard by EA and their competitors that you don't charge for jerseys........
Umm...they aren't charging for jerseys. The price of the game at GS is going to be the exact same MSRP as anywhere else.

# 62 DorianDonP @ 04/20/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
I never understood why height/weight SHOULD matter. That's what strength + jumping should have impacted IMO. Height already matters as far as receiving/DB play.
I take it you've never seen the videos of 5'7 160 pound offensive lineman dominating 6'5 320 pound defensive lineman on NCAA/Madden? Or have you, and you think this is acceptable/ok?

# 63 KG @ 04/20/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
If its still an animation based system I don't think weight height will matter. You will still see morphing to create the animation.
That's what I'm worried about. You can feel the "magnetism" in EA football games when it comes to collision. It's weird because you don't feel it with FIFA.

# 64 Morning Thunder @ 04/20/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
show me a 5'7 145 lb offensive lineman and i'll agree that size doesn't matter......till then, it has everything to do with football.
Exactly.. Size is everything.. When you hit someone your strength matters but not as much as how big you are and how fast you are moving.. People who say otherwise haven't played football

# 65 Jessep07 @ 04/20/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Thunder
Exactly.. Size is everything.. When you hit someone your strength matters but not as much as how big you are and how fast you are moving.. People who say otherwise haven't played football
...or if you don't understand physics

# 66 DLev45 @ 04/20/11 03:56 PM
Lol at all these people saying:

"This sucks that EA is making me buy the game from Gamestop to be able to get these jerseys. I don't want to buy it from Gamestop because I get it a week early from (insert Mom and Pop Shop here),"

Did it ever occur to you that this is the very reason they are making you pre-order from Gamestop to get the jerseys? To incentivize all you to not illegally break the street date every year?

EA: "Hey guys, as a reward for not illegally breaking our street date, pre-order from Gamestop, a company that has agreed with us that they will not do that, and you'll get free cool stuff."

They aren't charging you extra for anything. It's still $60 bucks.

# 67 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
I agree with this, but in a way it is extra money for people who don't have a EB Games a reasonable distance away.
Pre-order online?

# 68 coogrfan @ 04/20/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
It is still extra money for shipping, also I do not have a credit card.
Ahh.

Quote:
EA should've struck this deal with respectable retailers everywhere.
Exclusive content offered to multiple retailers wouldn't be much of an exclusive.

Quote:
Either way I will find a way I'm sure to get it from Gamestop, though if it ships on July 12 like the site says then I won't get it for another week or so.
Unfortunate.

# 69 DLev45 @ 04/20/11 04:15 PM
I know people don't think the street date matters, but it does. Breaking the street date can be detrimental for a video game's sales numbers. Take this for example:

Th NCAA devs find a last minute bug that is detrimental. The new tackling system freezes the game when you press two buttons at the same time (just imagine something along those lines). However, they have to ship their discs out to their retailers by June 31st. If they don't meet this deadline, then the retailers will boycott them and they will have nowhere to sell their game, so they ship the discs to the retailers while working on a patch to fix the bug. Their deadline for solving the issue is July 15th, so that on release day, people download the game and the link works fine.

However, one of you buys the game from MomAndPop games a week early, before the street date. You play it, you press two buttons at the same time, and the game freezes. Then you come onto OpSports, and tell everyone how the game is broken, do not buy it, it's garbage, it freezes, etc. Half of the people read this and cancel their pre-orders or don't go buy it. NCAA loses half of its sales and the game is a big loser profit-wise due to poor reputation a week before release, even though the bug was actually fixed on July 15th, the street date, and people who bought it that day were actually getting the game in fully working as intended.

# 70 volstopfan14 @ 04/20/11 04:44 PM
I've never pre-ordered before or used gamestop. Usually just gone to walmart on release day and bought the game. If I preorder do they deliver it on release day? Do I get the bonus uniforms if I just go to gamestop and buy the game or do I have to preorder?

# 71 PSRusse83 @ 04/20/11 04:48 PM
Awesome yellow grass

# 72 TreyIM2 @ 04/20/11 05:20 PM
Nice in regards to the tackling!! I wasn't lookin forward to just a presentation boost. Can't wait top the demo, now!

# 73 kingkilla56 @ 04/20/11 05:27 PM
LOL i guess just playing the demo last year wasnt enough. They at least want 5 dollars from you this time hehe.

# 74 volstopfan14 @ 04/20/11 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
to be honest, a lot of times i havent preordered and gone there the day of and got the game on release day and it had the codes. But i'll prob just preorder it anyway since theres a gamestop right around the corner from where i live.
So if I preorder and have it sent to the store I can just go pcik it up on release day?

# 75 NDAlum @ 04/20/11 05:30 PM
So GS paid EA for the premium jerseys to be included in the copies of GS sold games. Sounds like a business deal to me.

I hate GS and will never buy a game there. Looks like no jerseys for me!

# 76 UniversityofArizona @ 04/20/11 05:40 PM
Not a fan of this new feature.

Not buying from GameStop.

Not buying the game early.

As of now not buying the game at all.

EA still has a lot of marketing to do to get me to buy NCAA 12.

# 77 bukktown @ 04/20/11 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That was momentum in a different context... The momentum in Madden/NCAA 11 is better described as Locomotion Inertia... i.e. you can't simply make a 90 degree change of direction without losing speed. That momentum wasn't related to hitting, only running.
Thanks for clarifying. I was trying to wrap my mind around what that other dude was talking about.

# 78 Eggl @ 04/20/11 09:12 PM
First, why does everyone hate gamestop? I buy all my games there and have never had a problem. They've been very good.

If you don't have a gamestop nearby, use the internet. Shipping can't be more than $7 on a video game so just quit being a little girl and suck it up.

Also, these jerseys are an extra commodity. They don't need to put them in the game, but they do because the players would really like them. If you don't buy from gamestop, you'll still get normal jerseys, just not a few extra ones.

# 79 bukktown @ 04/20/11 09:15 PM
An enhanced tackling engine is announced and this thread is all about gamestop and unis. Boooooo....

# 80 poopoop @ 04/20/11 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggl
First, why does everyone hate gamestop? I buy all my games there and have never had a problem. They've been very good.

If you don't have a gamestop nearby, use the internet. Shipping can't be more than $7 on a video game so just quit being a little girl and suck it up.

Also, these jerseys are an extra commodity. They don't need to put them in the game, but they do because the players would really like them. If you don't buy from gamestop, you'll still get normal jerseys, just not a few extra ones.
Missing the point.

It's not about whether or not you personally like gamestop or someone "being a little girl." Also not about how convenient it is to preorder from gamestop, it's more about principle. They're taking things that used to be available to a ton of people (anyone with internet access could get last year's PC unis) and now only making it available to people willing to do business with some outside company they made a deal with.

It was bad enough when they made you download a demo and send messages to people on xbox live helping promote their game, now it's reached the point where they're actively funneling business to gamestop. This whole microtransaction mentality is annoying and does not benefit the consumer at all. Also gets increasingly obnoxious every year. Anything to earn a few extra dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
An enhanced tackling engine is announced and this thread is all about gamestop and unis. Boooooo....

Probably because it's not clear what enhanced tackling engine means, but it's very clear what order from gamestop or else means.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.