Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 roadman @ 04/23/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Exactly! When my user control player can run up and plow a guy in a new direction and cause a new annimation to take over based on what would really happen. Thats double hit tackles. Just like other games had before it(include even Maden 05 I believe).

I get the feeling with these trailers were gonna get bamboozled. That's just what my eyes are seeing. Take a look at the dive catches. Those are not dive catches. Those are cathes and then the player for no reason falls down and does a roll. A dive catch is when a receiver really lays it out there just to reach a ball.

If you watch this video a few times, you will really see what is there. And to anyone who says why would you watch the video 5-6 times to notice them....you will be playing the same game over and over and like always, you will notice them after a month of play. Thats why IMO NCAA and Maden get old quickly. The flaws just start jumping out at you.(see below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHUYU...el_video_title
Well, then color me bamboozled then or my eyes are failing me.

Why the youtubers aren't commenting on the positives of this video is what is really bamboozling to me.

If you can't see momentum based consecutive hit tackles in the first 41 seconds of this video, no need to go further. We just agree to disagree.

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/top...-12-new-video/

# 162 roadman @ 04/23/11 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
The reason the youtubers aren't saying anything is because its not the full game.(This is EA marketing don't fall for the hype.)

Now I like that NCAA12 got this new stuff in it.Yes the tackles are great but Look at what the tackleing was like before.(It took them 7 year just to get tackleing almost right.)

Now lets hope they get ridded of all the skateing in the vids and the dantasy mode doesn't mess up after 4 years.

After seeing the improvements I actually went and preorder the game.( Yes I fell for the EA Hype.)
I understand it's a hype trailer, but sometimes, you do need to give credit where credit is due instead of always looking back and thinking what could have been.

I agree about the sliding and the skating.

# 163 splff3000 @ 04/23/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, then color me bamboozled then or my eyes are failing me.

Why the youtubers aren't commenting on the positives of this video is what is really bamboozling to me.

If you can't see momentum based consecutive hit tackles in the first 41 seconds of this video, no need to go further. We just agree to disagree.

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/top...-12-new-video/
What is this video from Roadman? I saw much better tackling in this one. The tackles at 23, 24, and 30 secs were real nice. The tackles at 24 and 30 secs are exactly what I was looking for. Even the dive catches look better in this vid. Is this from a later build or something? I'm satisfied lol. Now all they need to do is do something about the flying swat thats predominant in both of these vids.

# 164 roadman @ 04/23/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
What is this video from Roadman? I saw much better tackling in this one. The tackles at 23, 24, and 30 secs were real nice. The tackles at 24 and 30 secs are exactly what I was looking for. Even the dive catches look better in this vid. Is this from a later build or something? I'm satisfied lol. Now all they need to do is do something about the flying swat thats predominant in both of these vids.
It's just a different trailer that accentuates the consecutive hit's better. I agree about the flying swat, including the one at the end of the video.

The hits are jarring and hard.

# 165 pmurray20 @ 04/23/11 03:16 PM
tackles did look better in that video, im just egar to see this new tackle button with the X button, im not big on the hit stick b/c everytime i hit it my guy will fall forward, or the guy will just smack off and i would miss a tackle, this way the X button my guy will at least attempt a tackle no matter how close he is

# 166 illwill10 @ 04/23/11 08:15 PM
Hopefully sunce there is no auto suction blocking helps out the Speed rush. Suction blocking really took out the speed rush. If suction blocking is basically gone, I can speed rush.

# 167 pmurray20 @ 04/24/11 03:05 AM
havent played ncaa 11 in a couple months, played today. and well here are things i dont wanna see in 12.

i run to a hole and i wanna run left or right with the running back he just side shuffles left or right and gets laid out.

the crowd jumps up and down the entire game no matter what lol

i can run left and right 10 yards without juking and the defense always just like watched me and misses.

florida states all black jerseys and helmets are amazing haha

hit stick caused a fumble no matter what if i was near the sidelines.

i was the home team and well got sacked and the crowd just cheered loud

10 feet away and just dive from the back of them and somehow lay them out from the front.

so many things i saw but i forget so easily after a while and well is it july yet haha

# 168 Nza @ 04/24/11 12:01 PM
It seems every year EA football games are touted as being without suction animations, at least since 2005 or so.

But this time it may actually be 100% gone. It seems numerous times in the video the ball carrier could have been sucked into a defender, but it was only the defenders in position to make the hit that appeared to actually do the hitting, and the hits made sense based on location and momentum.

Promising stuff.

# 169 pmurray20 @ 04/24/11 11:04 PM
do u guys think lee corso will be in this year? idky he wasnt in 11 but i hope he is in 12. An you remember in like 07 maybe not sure, where it showed all three of them before the game behind the counter and corso would put who he thinks will win. That would be amazing to see that again

# 170 pmurray20 @ 04/24/11 11:15 PM
one more thing i hate the sportmanship thing you lose certain amount of points for throw a ball on 3rd down in the 2nd or 3rd quarter is dumb. One of the worse things they added was that

# 171 illwill10 @ 04/24/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
one more thing i hate the sportmanship thing you lose certain amount of points for throw a ball on 3rd down in the 2nd or 3rd quarter is dumb. One of the worse things they added was that
I wonder if they are keeping Season Showdown. IMO it was a failed online innovation.

# 172 LambertandHam @ 04/25/11 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I wouldn't miss it if it was gone... I just hated how it punished you for playing a video game the way you want to. Like if you ran the ball 2 times for losses then you tryed to pass to get the first down to keep the drive going you get a BIG -100 points.

IRL Sportsmanship is important but don't punish me for playing a video game.
I just ignore it. It's cosmetic at best, except for in '10 where you could unlock achievements. Sure I might be up say 49-10, but I want to get some back up guys playing time.

At the very least, maybe put something into Season Showdown that recognizes when you put your 2nd team in. You do run into games where you can do nothing wrong, and up winning by 40.

# 173 mikehud @ 04/25/11 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
do u guys think lee corso will be in this year? idky he wasnt in 11 but i hope he is in 12. An you remember in like 07 maybe not sure, where it showed all three of them before the game behind the counter and corso would put who he thinks will win. That would be amazing to see that again
i think corso was out after he had that stroke. don't think he did any games last year, just the Gameday show.

# 174 GoToledo @ 04/25/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I wouldn't miss it if it was gone... I just hated how it punished you for playing a video game the way you want to. Like if you ran the ball 2 times for losses then you tryed to pass to get the first down to keep the drive going you get a BIG -100 points.

IRL Sportsmanship is important but don't punish me for playing a video game.
I didn't like it either, but wouldn't mind it as much if the AI followed their own "rules" for sportsmanship. If the AI is beating me by 28 in the 4th, they will still sling the ball around on me instead of burning clock (until we hit that magical 2 minute mark).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.