Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 elprez98 @ 06/08/11 02:20 PM
I love the tackling.

# 42 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I find it somewhat funny that every year people say it looks the exact same as the year before, yet NCAA 12 looks nothing like NCAA '07(360).

In the video, I can tell the difference in the tackling. The suction being mostly eliminated will probably take some getting used to.
Good point. It definitely is hard to judge accurately from a video. Personally I definitely noticed the zone improvements, defenders covered realistically and it seemed to work as it should. If the d-line pass rush is amped up a bit before going gold I think we have a real winner on our hands.

# 43 drlw322 @ 06/08/11 02:23 PM
Did no one see the high tuck run style. It looks awesome, that means there is different ball carry styles. Now only if it's editable which i doubt.

# 44 SlickRick11 @ 06/08/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Still seems too easy to pass. 25-30 yard completions should be difficult.

Yeah but thats a user vs. user game.....they both suck and it may seem easy to pass because they could be calling bad defensive plays.....A user vs. cpu game should be difficult

# 45 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 02:27 PM
I have watched it a few times now. The d-line play is pretty bad but in some cases it does shine. The play at 2:20 he runs a nickel blitz I believe and the nickel takes a good angle and forces the QB out of the pocket, as soon as the QB started to scramble the end was coming right at him

# 46 stevensa08 @ 06/08/11 02:37 PM
Got to admit, everything "looks" great, but the defense was weak!! Now I am really optimistic. I am a Madden fan, but the time has come to have EA make college football the game of all sports games. This is very frustrating!!

# 47 DJ @ 06/08/11 02:42 PM
I'd like to see some CPU vs. CPU footage instead of 2-player footage. Like others have said, not everyone plays SIM, so it's hard to gauge how things are working or not working in the game.

That said, there was a lot about this video that I really liked. I think Playmakers summed things up well with his post and I have to agree. I'm back on the NCAA 12 bandwagon (I fell off yesterday for a bit) and really looking forward to this game, as I really enjoyed what 11 brought to the table and 12 appears to be a more-refined version of that.

# 48 schumj @ 06/08/11 02:43 PM
I agree very minimal gameplay changes were implemented. But I think 11 was very enjoyable game. I think as far as next gen goes it was the best and so tweaking it should make the new one better. I am never going to be satisfied with the gameplay as it is never going to meet everyones needs and wants. But I have realistic expectations and must say imo this is a definite step up.

# 49 reco @ 06/08/11 02:49 PM
the game looks decent but it appears that for bama the o-line depth chart is off, looks like rosters for online play may be off as well. other than that loving the IB video!

# 50 stevensa08 @ 06/08/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I agree very minimal gameplay changes were implemented. But I think 11 was very enjoyable game. I think as far as next gen goes it was the best and so tweaking it should make the new one better. I am never going to be satisfied with the gameplay as it is never going to meet everyones needs and wants. But I have realistic expectations and must say imo this is a definite step up.
Yeah I guess I was expecting too much. I did enjoy 11, but really thought the major flaws would be taken care of. They need some cpu vs cpu games to see how well the players react on their own

# 51 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 02:55 PM
I don't know if this is even a possibility this year with the game being behind closed doors but I think what would really, really appease many of us is if we got a full game video. Preferably two sim users who mix it up.

# 52 franko3219 @ 06/08/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'd like to see some CPU vs. CPU footage instead of 2-player footage. Like others have said, not everyone plays SIM, so it's hard to gauge how things are working or not working in the game.

That said, there was a lot about this video that I really liked. I think Playmakers summed things up well with his post and I have to agree. I'm back on the NCAA 12 bandwagon (I fell off yesterday for a bit) and really looking forward to this game, as I really enjoyed what 11 brought to the table and 12 appears to be a more-refined version of that.

I would rather see a user vs. CPU so that I can see what kind of CPU play call logic there is and to help determine how the CPU plays the user. I love my offline dynasty so I want to be able to make it through more than 2 seasons without getting bored this year.

# 53 Jistic @ 06/08/11 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I find it somewhat funny that every year people say it looks the exact same as the year before, yet NCAA 12 looks nothing like NCAA '07(360).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOBGN...eature=related

Nothing like it? Oh I don't think I'd go that far. I hope they would've made some advances in 5 years, hell look at Oblivion compared to what we're seeing with Skyrim right now.

# 54 jared52 @ 06/08/11 03:01 PM
I, like many OS users, am going to always look for stuff we don't like. I'm fine with the pass rush in the video becasue there's not much time for the DL to get through before the ball is thrown, but my biggest issue that shows me one of the biggest flaws isn't corrected is at the 2:24 mark, AJ McCarron rolls right and slightly backward and is able to throw the ball 37 yards right on spot. Now, we don't know his ratings but there is no way it should be an accurate throw. As long as the QB can run around freely and make accurate throws, we will never see the benefits of a good pass rush. I know the pass was tipped away, but it was right on the money.

# 55 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 03:01 PM
Yeah I rather see a full game between a user and the cpu. Particularly against a spread shotgun running team like Oregon.

# 56 LambertandHam @ 06/08/11 03:05 PM
The thing that I picked up the most was the improved crowd reactions. Too many times in NCAA 11 you would run for a huge gain, or catch a long bomb and the crowd would react like the game hadn't started.

On the big Bama plays the crowd had that "moan" sound to it, and the opposite on some of the Auburn plays.

Besides the crowd, the game is looking like 11, but better. Can't wait to try out the new tackling system.

# 57 tswiatkowski @ 06/08/11 03:08 PM
Ok, the DLine did look a BIT weak in the video, but I think its nothing the sliders can't fix. Overall, in terms of how the game looks, I'll have to agree with Christian McLoed's assessment of the game in his preview. The running animations and tackling animations look very polished, and while there seems to be a bit of a gliding feel, its nowhere near what it used to be. I love that. One thing I am disappointed with is the commentary. Too many dead zones where Kirk and Brad arent saying anything. Also, I didn't notice much improvement with the crowds

# 58 khaliib @ 06/08/11 03:08 PM
Folks must remember, EA likes to crank things up TOO high.

I loved the the announcer heard through the overhead.
It finally has that Bass tone that was miising.

Only problem is that they got the anouncers blarring to loud over the top of everything.
I think when we turn it down to a Realistic volume, the stadium will sound much better.

I still don't like the Standing 2-Step dance that is done on Special Teams.
There are no players hiiting the ground after contact.
Everyone is standing and dancing until the Def player does that Swim Move or the push off to get by.

(They always say it's been Tuned, but they never tell what ratings are the drivers)

Also, folks must remember that EA's Default rosters are "ALWAYS" rated TOO high which drives some of the things being seen in the Vid's.

OL/DL:
-I wonder what the Player Ratings are since they said Ratings will actually matter now.

WR:
-I can see that Route Running is very high for default rosters which would be the driver for such Crisp/Perfect routes the Vid's showing.

The good thing for me is that I didn't play NCAA '09, "10 or '11 that much, so it might look/play fresh for me.

# 59 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
So I guess no one noticed that they removed those ridiculous sounding drum chants and replaced with some percussion chants that sound pretty darn sweet.

The sound is awesome!
The atmosphere seems to be much better, I do like that. I am a guy who cranks up the crowd and field noise to the max every year so I will enjoy the new sounds

# 60 Armor and Sword @ 06/08/11 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm not sure why people are expecting a major leap this year not speaking about you

But it seems like some people are expecting this huge jump in gameplay but i don't think EA really focused on gameplay other than zone defense allegedly

I think the upgrades went to cosmetic things like dreads and stadium entrances....i figure about 2 months it'll begin to settle in that the game is really NCAA 11 with a few things lacking from that game improved this year

Not a big deal though because i love NCAA 11....i just think some people are going to critical because it basically the same game and they might have been expecting a major jump up
As much as I loved NCAA 11 when I heard they tuned the zone defenses, really improved the tackling engine, added custom playbooks, HDR lighting, and added the coaching carousel, I was sold. So this should be the definitive edition of this game this gen. And no doubt will be my last one this gen as well along with Madden 12.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.