Home
Madden 12 News Post

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager of Madden NFL, has made a post on the EA Forums detailing the current status and future of Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 kc10785 @ 07/10/11 01:28 PM
This news is a major killer for me. I don't have fun playing the computer After a couple months of playing the computer it's get stale fast. I'm strictly a online person I have some hardcore madden fans as friends and this disappoint us. How can you not touch a mode at all for 2 years in a row. I understand it will take time to match what they offer offline to match online but I think a lot of people was just asking for a little additions at least. The major headaches with the online franchise is not having some type of salary cap to make teams run fairly, Fair trade logic, and The commissioner being able to over rule and replay games.

Even though I love XFN and LM for stepping up to plate I feel I shouldn't have to turn to a 3rd party website to make a game fun. It's going to be another year for begging people to get on the website so we can all be on the same page.

EA drop the ball big time and I try my best not to come on here and be on the bash bandwagon but this is frustrating.

# 202 Stick skills @ 07/10/11 01:54 PM
The biggset dissapointment for me is that a fully functional online franchise mode would really show innovation, it would have showed that they were trying. last year when they gave us their excuse i was upset but i believed it. I really hope they lose sales this year so at least they will have the motivation to really improve OF.

# 203 aksumite @ 07/10/11 01:59 PM
This is a major piece of crap.

Online Franchise is broken and they site low usage #s as the reason they won't fix it....GTFOH

It's low usage is because it's broken, duh.

Madden 12 will not be purchased by my group of 10 or so coaches.

# 204 Stick skills @ 07/10/11 01:59 PM
The fact of the matter is Madden does not respect its consumers. I could understand gaming issues because every game has them (fifa 11 an nba 2k11) but to not adress your main features for three years that is pathetic. free agency and trading draft picks was all they need to get my 60$ this year.

# 205 aksumite @ 07/10/11 02:00 PM
Madden and NBA 2K desperately need to take a cue from NCAA's Online Dynasty

# 206 roadman @ 07/10/11 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick skills
The fact of the matter is Madden does not respect its consumers. I could understand gaming issues because every game has them (fifa 11 an nba 2k11) but to not adress your main features for three years that is pathetic. free agency and trading draft picks was all they need to get my 60$ this year.
And 6 yrs went on without my main feature not being touched at all. It's a good thing both franchise will be able to be upgraded at the same time in the future.

# 207 roadman @ 07/10/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
Madden and NBA 2K desperately need to take a cue from NCAA's Online Dynasty
Madden probably will because one of the guys instramental in NCAA's online franchise is now Madden's Executive Producer.

Hopefully, good times ahead.

# 208 KOTC Wayne @ 07/10/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
This news is a major killer for me. I don't have fun playing the computer After a couple months of playing the computer it's get stale fast. I'm strictly a online person I have some hardcore madden fans as friends and this disappoint us. How can you not touch a mode at all for 2 years in a row. I understand it will take time to match what they offer offline to match online but I think a lot of people was just asking for a little additions at least. The major headaches with the online franchise is not having some type of salary cap to make teams run fairly, Fair trade logic, and The commissioner being able to over rule and replay games.

Even though I love XFN and LM for stepping up to plate I feel I shouldn't have to turn to a 3rd party website to make a game fun. It's going to be another year for begging people to get on the website so we can all be on the same page.

EA drop the ball big time and I try my best not to come on here and be on the bash bandwagon but this is frustrating.
I feel the same way. The days of playing the CPU been over like in the 90's and the days of all my friends and family trying to come over so we can run a franchise and all the teams that don't get pick, when one of the human controlled teams face a CPU team, we all just share a quarter with the CPU team is over as we all have gotten older with more responsibilities and we live distances a way from each other so online is where it has to be for us. The experience of playing 32 different people that all come with their own styles is the closest thing to real football as it get, especially when its governed right.

EA dropped the ball big time, atleast tinkering with online franchise mode a little, I mean, c'mon EA. This mode could actually be the best mode on the game if they were to do the same thing with online as they have done with offline.

# 209 Skyboxer @ 07/10/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin2311
What ever happened to "if its in the game its in the game"
Don't believe they've used that in a while.
They only say "it's in the game" now. At least that's I ever hear anymore.

# 210 ryan36 @ 07/10/11 03:53 PM
guys and gals quit picking on Casey...that crap somewhere else. thanks.

Also, I'm sad they didn't improve online franchise, I think it'd be fun to play in one this year

# 211 Elgin2311 @ 07/10/11 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
I feel the same way. The days of playing the CPU been over like in the 90's and the days of all my friends and family trying to come over so we can run a franchise and all the teams that don't get pick, when one of the human controlled teams face a CPU team, we all just share a quarter with the CPU team is over as we all have gotten older with more responsibilities and we live distances a way from each other so online is where it has to be for us. The experience of playing 32 different people that all come with their own styles is the closest thing to real football as it get, especially when its governed right.

EA dropped the ball big time, atleast tinkering with online franchise mode a little, I mean, c'mon EA. This mode could actually be the best mode on the game if they were to do the same thing with online as they have done with offline.
I agree, if online franchise was done properly it probably would be the most popular mode. I've always preferred college over madden, and IMO college was not as popular before they added OLF and IMO most people who now buy college since OLF was introduced play in at least 1 online dynasty.

# 212 Icarus2k9 @ 07/10/11 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
One of the points I raised with some "offline" guys is that online franchise is not just for big "leagues". What if you have 3 or 4 buddies and you want to play in a franchise together? By making franchise mode in madden one mode that allows multiplayer it would broaden the audience of the game. This is exactly why NCAA online dynasty has been such a success. Plus, even if I was in a single player franchise, it would be cool to manage my roster from the web or my phone, watch other games via a spectator mode, etc.
Agreed totally. I know a lot of people on here think the computer sucks, but it gives me a good game on All Pro. That may make me a bit rubbish (and make online a no-go area full of people who whomp me good) but I would love to have a fully functional two-man franchise and be playing the CPU pretty much every game.

# 213 Elgin2311 @ 07/10/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
Agreed totally. I know a lot of people on here think the computer sucks, but it gives me a good game on All Pro. That may make me a bit rubbish (and make online a no-go area full of people who whomp me good) but I would love to have a fully functional two-man franchise and be playing the CPU pretty much every game.
I get what your saying and I understand that there are people who dont have the stick skills to play online and be competitive. I think its more about the competition from others users outside of playing the games and they haven't given a single upgrade to help with that. ****e, all I want is the ability to trade picks that would have sufficed.

# 214 Stikskillz @ 07/10/11 10:02 PM
The "EA NFL football team" should have at least brought back the EA Locker from the PS2 days. Online Franchises were fully functional then by uploading games, spawning games, and then merging the results back to the 'chise. You could do everything offline and share the Franchise file through the EA Locker as well. It worked pretty well.

Oh well, NCAA 12 continues to push the envelope and outshine its big brother. It's an easy decision for me and my crew.

# 215 PacMan3000 @ 07/10/11 10:06 PM
Granted I'm an offline franchsie guy, but I had just well assumed nothing new would happen to online because it's July and we haven't heard anything yet. Everything that got a major overhaul got announced over a month ago via an in-depth blog.

I understand the frustration, but don't quite get the shock.

# 216 Elgin2311 @ 07/10/11 10:47 PM
I have not seen anyone mention the fact that NCAA has upgraded everything madden has while still giving us improvements to online dynasty. I know this, ncaa has added more to its game than madden overall.counting roster updates and playbook updates for almost 4x's as many teams.

# 217 jeremym480 @ 07/10/11 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
One of the points I raised with some "offline" guys is that online franchise is not just for big "leagues". What if you have 3 or 4 buddies and you want to play in a franchise together? By making franchise mode in madden one mode that allows multiplayer it would broaden the audience of the game. This is exactly why NCAA online dynasty has been such a success. Plus, even if I was in a single player franchise, it would be cool to manage my roster from the web or my phone, watch other games via a spectator mode, etc.
Exactly. I can count on one hand the times that I've played against randoms this gen. I don't care about cheesing, where I'm ranked in the world, playing against so called "celebrities", etc. In NCAA 11 I was in on OD with two of my friends from work. We only played each other once a year so we don't mind playing against the CPU 90% of the time. Honestly, we're not that different from the guys who strictly play offline. It's pretty much the same as the users who do write up's about their dynasties here. Except it's just another way to share you experiences.

All I want is for us to be able to enjoy Madden the same way that we enjoy NCAA. Since we all love the NFL just as much as college we should be able to. However, with Madden Online Franchise in the shape that it is it just isn't worth it to us to even give it a try. Like I've said, I'm extremely disappointed but, I play a ton of games offline too. And with the improvements that were made this year M12 a must have, IMO. I'm hopeful that I get my wish for Madden 13. Hopefully, somewhere someone is listening.

# 218 alkamist @ 07/10/11 11:40 PM
ok why am i going to buy a $60 upgrade? I only play OF, OFF gets boring after the 1st yr... Was part of leage for 3 yrs straight maddens and played over 4-5 yrs every yr in Madden... Its real good to test your skills PVP, rather play the damn CPU every game... Wont be buying this game, will go after Fifa 12 this yr, and GOW3, I would by 2k12 but dont think they will fix the servers and not to sure if they will top 2k11... also i hope one day 2k11 or ea elite will bring OF to the NBA games, will be worth my money for complete season with pvp and pvc...

thanks tho madden, wont wast my money on simple upgrade...

# 219 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 07/11/11 08:21 AM
I'm not buying this game. The only mode I care about is online franchise. That way I can play with my friends here on OS in a franchise. No upgrades means I shouldn't even waste my money.

# 220 mjhyankees @ 07/11/11 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
This is what scares me about EA... I don't play online so it really doesn't affect me. However, it does and will effect everyone who plays Madden at some point. It seems that they will now be shifting focus away from the momentum they have created with long awaited improvements to offline franchise mode.

EA needs to understand that they are way behind the 8ball and these improvements are additions that should and have been in Madden years ago. Just because you are finally trying to catch up doesn't mean that you can slack off for another five years on any portion of the game. From this latest development I am getting the feeling that as offline franchise users we shouldn't be expecting much improvements to franchise mode after this season. Apparently EA can only focus on one area of the game a year.

I'm with you....I'm on offline guy...like some play now games online but no real interest in online dynasty/franchise stuff. Feel bad for the guys that do though....and you're right....sounds like whatever they did to offline franchise may be with us a while as they shift attention....sigh....no offense to the online guys but I wish they'd get the offline chise right first. It'll be much better but I'm hoping for more...and soon. too bad they can't work on both (why can't the offline just be transported to online...I'm no computer whiz but in theory it sounds easy.)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.