Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 08/04/11 03:51 PM
What do you guys think? All I know is I'm glad that they are giving us a new commentary engine starting next year.

# 2 jmurphy31 @ 08/04/11 03:55 PM
I agree that the commentary engine needs to be revamped big time...

What happened to all those stat banners everyone said looked so good. It seems like they only pop up after TD's.

It also looks like they got rid of the 2 Minute Warning Stat banners as well (I know they popped up too quick last year, but I like seeing team leaders or key players stats without having to go into the menu.

Im guessing they took out the QB comparison at halftime as well (something I liked, even though it should of been different players depending on what they have done)

# 3 mva5580 @ 08/04/11 03:56 PM
Showing updated stats below the score makes me very, very happy. I like that a lot.

As for gameplay, it's really impossible to judge until you actually play it yourself. As long as that's a faster setting in terms of player speed, I imagine I'll be totally fine with it.

Sadly the only thing I ever worry about anymore is 1) Game crashes and 2) Game crippling bugs that aren't caught and either take a while to be patched, or never are.

# 4 kjjnesb @ 08/04/11 03:57 PM
I know next year is the year for commentary but dang you go several downs with out hearing any Color Commentary. Otherwise game looks great!

# 5 P21J @ 08/04/11 03:59 PM
I think the commentary would be better if there was some more back and forth between Gus and Chris Collinsworth, and the crowd was a little bit more amped up. All I can do is hope for better results next year in that dept.

# 6 jpdavis82 @ 08/04/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree that the commentary engine needs to be revamped big time...

What happened to all those stat banners everyone said looked so good. It seems like they only pop up after TD's.

It also looks like they got rid of the 2 Minute Warning Stat banners as well (I know they popped up too quick last year, but I like seeing team leaders or key players stats without having to go into the menu.

Im guessing they took out the QB comparison at halftime as well (something I liked, even though it should of been different players depending on what they have done)
Yeah I'm not really sure, I've seen quite a few E3 videos and they had way more banners and stat overlays popping up than this. This video seems a little less impressive presentation wise compared to other videos I have seen, but it's still pretty decent looking overall.

# 7 jpdavis82 @ 08/04/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
I think the commentary would be better if there was some more back and forth between Gus and Chris Collinsworth, and the crowd was a little bit more amped up. All I can do is hope for better results next year in that dept.
I agree, but in the meantime as long as the gameplay feels good and I can enjoy playing the game and there's enough depth (Franchise,Superstar) to keep me busy I can wait another year for commentary. Eventually no matter what they do commentary will get old, but it would be nice to hear some fresh new lines and banter between Gus and Cris.

# 8 jmurphy31 @ 08/04/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I'm not really sure, I've seen quite a few E3 videos and they had way more banners and stat overlays popping up than this. This video seems a little less impressive presentation wise compared to other videos I have seen, but it's still pretty decent looking overall.
Dont get me wrong the game does look good, especially the camera work post-play.

# 9 kjjnesb @ 08/04/11 04:08 PM
I gotta admit I cringed a little when Cris said D Jackson "wasn't one of the fast guys in the league" then praises him the next play for toasting the D

# 10 jmurphy31 @ 08/04/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I gotta admit I cringed a little when Cris said D Jackson "wasn't one of the fast guys in the league" then praises him the next play for toasting the D
I laughed when I heard that too...It is like in 11 when he says that Brady isn't the most accurate QB in the NFL (or something similar to that)

# 11 Irish_NFL_Fan @ 08/04/11 04:13 PM
The person playing as Eagles hasnt a clue how to play with Vick!

still game does look impressive, graphics are amazing...

one side note of disapointment, hopefully they have the problem at 9:17 fixed by launch!

# 12 menglish20 @ 08/04/11 04:22 PM
That Eagles player is a stupid person.

But the vid looks great, and the game looks a lot better than 11.

# 13 at23steelers @ 08/04/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
I agree, but in the meantime as long as the gameplay feels good and I can enjoy playing the game and there's enough depth (Franchise,Superstar) to keep me busy I can wait another year for commentary. Eventually no matter what they do commentary will get old, but it would be nice to hear some fresh new lines and banter between Gus and Cris.
Crowd sounds better. The new banter does sound good though. I am hoping 2nd half will have more DPP we can hear. I agree though, there should be more color commentary and still some dead space!

# 14 pmurray20 @ 08/04/11 04:49 PM
you can actually hear the crowd talk on all 4 downs instead of just 3rd down like ncaa!! yay

# 15 blklightning @ 08/04/11 05:02 PM
6 minute mark -- DB makes a no look tip. same crap as ncaa. notice that he's running full speed straight down the field, yet as soon as the ball is thrown he breaks on it.

# 16 radatdude2 @ 08/04/11 05:10 PM
Quote:
i have to agree here, i thought some of the E3 videos have been more impressive. For instance the Packers vs Bucks video showed much more stat banners through out the game and it seemed the camera from the standard gameplay view was closer?

# 17 LambertandHam @ 08/04/11 05:19 PM
The cheerleader before half looks like she's going to murder someone

# 18 Sparkles @ 08/04/11 05:36 PM
that desean jackson catch was pretty nice

# 19 chackett12 @ 08/04/11 06:29 PM
this game is unrealistic... i saw andy reid running -____-

and what happened to all the player specific touchdown celebrations? guess there in the trash

# 20 carnalnirvana @ 08/04/11 06:30 PM
i love that the cpu/falcons are using similar formations to real life, they are not trying to run from 4 wr sets anymore

however at 8:35 in the vid, the cpu has a 3rd and 10 the play they ran had roddy run a 5yd pattern, jones ran a 5yd pattern and douglas ran a 8yd patters it seemed.. all short of the necessary yardage

this is what they need to focus on to represent difficulty, at least 2 options need to run past the first down marker with the check down options being the role players...

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.