Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In looking over the NBA 2K12 details from Gamestop, it looks like we'll see over 1,000 new animations and building off of NBA Today, more graphical details with dynamic updates.

Quote:
With over 5 million copies sold worldwide and over 20 Sports Game of Year awards, last year NBA 2K11 allowed you to BECOME THE GREATEST with MJ & the Jordan Challenge mode. This year the NBA 2K franchise is back and bigger than ever, providing fans with the opportunity they've always dreamed of - to finally END THE DEBATE as to who are the best teams and players of all time with the ALL-NEW NBA's Greatest mode. Featuring 15 legendary players such as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Dr. J, NBA's Greatest let you relive some of NBA's most celebrated careers and rivalries, painstakingly recreated in historical detail. In addition, several innovative gameplay features have been added putting fans center court of an unprecedented basketball experience.
NBA 2K12 will ship with one of the three following cover athlete's images: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. Cover will be chosen at random as the game ships.
  • NBA's Greatest - Experience 15 of the NBA's most celebrated careers and rivalries, painstakingly recreated in historic detail. Featuring such legends as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dr. J, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and more.
  • Most Accurate NBA 2K Game Ever - Building off NBA Today's real-time stats, rosters, schedules and ratings, NBA 2K12 now delivers the most visually accurate NBA game as well. From shoes to player models and even court floors - every graphic detail of the game can now be dynamically updated. Broadcast style gets a boost as well with player interstitials promoting their upcoming games and dynamic pre-game highlight reels set to 2K Beats music.
  • Enhanced Gameplay - NBA 2K12 adds +1,000 new animations this year and delivers all-new control mechanics for post play and ball control to make the game more intuitive to play than ever before.
  • MORE MAJOR FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 da ThRONe @ 08/05/11 05:19 PM
All that is great, but if they have failed to remove or reduce suction I'll be highly disappointed.

# 2 Jano @ 08/05/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwadefan
[*]Most Accurate NBA 2K Game Ever - Building off NBA Today's real-time stats, rosters, schedules and ratings, NBA 2K12 now delivers the most visually accurate NBA game as well. From shoes to player models and even court floors - every graphic detail of the game can now be dynamically updated
Now that is awesome to hear saw in the other thread but its CRAZY to think this is actually possible now. Go 2K for making that happen!

# 3 infam0us @ 08/05/11 05:25 PM
People who will be updating the visual for the NBA today updates will be sick and tired of Gilbert Arenas if he does what he did last year. Changed sneakers like every other game.

# 4 JWiLL02 @ 08/05/11 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
All that is great, but if they have failed to remove or reduce suction I'll be highly disappointed.
Wow, it only took one post for someone to pull the old "That info is nice, but if (insert gameplay concern here) isn't fixed, it won't matter".

Anyways, these NBA Today additions sound interesting, if they're updated regularly. I wonder if the player models being dynamic now means they'll update hairstyles and things of that nature over the course of the season. I know that's a big deal for many around here!

# 5 WatchTheThrone @ 08/05/11 05:28 PM
LOL 2K knows there won't be an NBA season this year so they trolling us.

# 6 Dwadefan @ 08/05/11 05:28 PM
I think it does update hair, and will it still work even if there is a lockout?

# 7 MavsManiac4Life @ 08/05/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Wow, it only took one post for someone to pull the old "That info is nice, but if (insert gameplay concern here) isn't fixed, it won't matter".

Anyways, these NBA Today additions sound interesting, if they're updated regularly. I wonder if the player models being dynamic now means they'll update hairstyles and things of that nature over the course of the season. I know that's a big deal for many around here!
Yes, it's already been announced that hairstyles will be updated.

# 8 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/05/11 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTheThrone
LOL 2K knows there won't be an NBA season this year so they trolling us.
Lol yeah dude you are so right.

# 9 JWiLL02 @ 08/05/11 05:31 PM
I'm not sure how they could possibly update anything if there's no season!

Disappointing to think my Raptors will start the season with their typically off ratings, and with no season they won't see the improvements from DeMar, Bayless, Davis, etc.

It still early so it hasn't really hit me yet that there will be no basketball this year. Ugh.

# 10 MavsManiac4Life @ 08/05/11 05:32 PM
Quote:

Disappointing to think my Raptors will start the season with their typically off ratings, and with no season they won't see the improvements from DeMar, Bayless, Davis, etc.

It still early so it hasn't really hit me yet that there will be no basketball this year. Ugh.
Why does evryone think there will be no basketball. Sure the season could be cut down, but you can't think of real pull of the season till the month of the deadline or so.

# 11 Goffs @ 08/05/11 05:52 PM
no more generic kicks? I'm guessing that the only players that get the visual update will be the big stars....I hope that's not the case

# 12 MavsManiac4Life @ 08/05/11 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonD
http://sbnation.com/2011/8/4/2343797...-players-union

Good to hear this, hopefully they keep it in for 2K13.
You guys aren't optimistic

# 13 KyotoCarl @ 08/05/11 07:27 PM
Quote:

Even if the season started in October their ratings would be based on last year's performance, so there's no change.

# 14 cavsfan2 @ 08/05/11 11:29 PM
Didnt the NFL say that they wouldnt bet on a season as well? I doubt there will be a full season, but I am still hoping that there will be a 50 game season.

# 15 SouthBeach @ 08/06/11 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
Didnt the NFL say that they wouldnt bet on a season as well? I doubt there will be a full season, but I am still hoping that there will be a 50 game season.
If anything, I would guess the season will start in January or February...being optimistic, haha.

# 16 Bone Machine @ 08/06/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
People who will be updating the visual for the NBA today updates will be sick and tired of Gilbert Arenas if he does what he did last year. Changed sneakers like every other game.
Man he changes shoes at halftime l0l.

# 17 Mr_Riddick @ 08/06/11 05:23 PM
And my birthday Is in OCT. This sweet. Il tell my wife her gift to me would be to leave me Alone for the month. no cake, no ice-cream, just 2k..

# 18 ybtherockstar @ 08/06/11 06:10 PM
This is great news by 2k. Everything seems to be coming in at the right time.

# 19 da ThRONe @ 08/06/11 06:20 PM
Quote:

That's in regards to the added animation announcement. It's great that the ball will seem less attached to players, let's just hope players are less attached to players as well. As far as the graphical updates that's something that's really innovative.

# 20 Drosebpga1 @ 08/06/11 06:26 PM
1000 new animations!!! Thats great, & now they update shoes, hairstyles, courts, and players models my fav!!! This also means that we wont have to download mods for your pc so thats great.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.