Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

In looking over the NBA 2K12 details from Gamestop, it looks like we'll see over 1,000 new animations and building off of NBA Today, more graphical details with dynamic updates.

Quote:
With over 5 million copies sold worldwide and over 20 Sports Game of Year awards, last year NBA 2K11 allowed you to BECOME THE GREATEST with MJ & the Jordan Challenge mode. This year the NBA 2K franchise is back and bigger than ever, providing fans with the opportunity they've always dreamed of - to finally END THE DEBATE as to who are the best teams and players of all time with the ALL-NEW NBA's Greatest mode. Featuring 15 legendary players such as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Dr. J, NBA's Greatest let you relive some of NBA's most celebrated careers and rivalries, painstakingly recreated in historical detail. In addition, several innovative gameplay features have been added putting fans center court of an unprecedented basketball experience.
NBA 2K12 will ship with one of the three following cover athlete's images: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. Cover will be chosen at random as the game ships.
  • NBA's Greatest - Experience 15 of the NBA's most celebrated careers and rivalries, painstakingly recreated in historic detail. Featuring such legends as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dr. J, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and more.
  • Most Accurate NBA 2K Game Ever - Building off NBA Today's real-time stats, rosters, schedules and ratings, NBA 2K12 now delivers the most visually accurate NBA game as well. From shoes to player models and even court floors - every graphic detail of the game can now be dynamically updated. Broadcast style gets a boost as well with player interstitials promoting their upcoming games and dynamic pre-game highlight reels set to 2K Beats music.
  • Enhanced Gameplay - NBA 2K12 adds +1,000 new animations this year and delivers all-new control mechanics for post play and ball control to make the game more intuitive to play than ever before.
  • MORE MAJOR FEATURES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 blklightning @ 08/06/11 07:43 PM
more intuitive to play ...that's what i like to hear. i know what i want to do, but doing it in this game can be a bit too tricky at times. i find the post moves to be the worst offenders.

# 22 blklightning @ 08/06/11 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTheThrone
LOL 2K knows there won't be an NBA season this year so they trolling us.
even without the season, they'll still release the game. their nba rights contract most certainly requires them to do so.

# 23 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/06/11 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
even without the season, they'll still release the game. their nba rights contract most certainly requires them to do so.
He's referring to the hairstyles, tats, etc. being updated.

# 24 ffaacc03 @ 08/06/11 08:11 PM
By 2k standards, this may end on beeing the most revolutionary feature of 2k12 ... dynamic visual updates of hairs, tatoos, kicks, (faces maybe ?), etc ... I never thought it possible within this generation of consoles, so I am highly hopefull for what is to come from now on with the 2k series.

# 25 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 08/06/11 08:30 PM
Great news.

The sad part is that I wont have any enjoyment of NBA 2K12 without a NBA season to play it to.

# 26 Jakeness23 @ 08/06/11 08:43 PM
Oh... My... God... I cannot freaking wait. ((Going to sleep til midnight October 4th...))

# 27 Mr_Riddick @ 08/06/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drosebpga1
1000 new animations!!! Thats great, & now they update shoes, hairstyles, courts, and players models my fav!!! This also means that we wont have to download mods for your pc so thats great.
Wrong, I'm 100% sure there will still be mods this year. No matter what PC gamers are not satisfied. (eye color mod) smh.

# 28 youvalss @ 08/06/11 09:46 PM
What a let down. I was expecting 5,000 new animations. Oh well, I'll wait for 2K13...

# 29 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/06/11 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
What a let down. I was expecting 5,000 new animations. Oh well, I'll wait for 2K13...
is this a joke?????

# 30 youvalss @ 08/06/11 10:45 PM
Dman, forgot to use the 'sarcasm' icon again.

Oh wait...there's no such icon.

# 31 scatman @ 08/06/11 11:30 PM
With the new "1,000 animations" they are bring, i'm hoping some older ones got the ax. Some animations have been in the game too long and just don't seem right to be in the game. As far as updating shoes and player models, that will be interesting to see. Some one said they hope that ends generic shoes, I wished they ax generic shoes all together. I like twist I'm reading and look forward to seeing in action when the time comes.

# 32 kg54mvp1 @ 08/07/11 12:12 AM
Attachment 36336

Me want NBA season with 2k12

# 33 B-Wills @ 08/07/11 12:29 AM
wow awesome!!! Can't wait to see what big things they're doing with My Player and Association this year. 2k Never disappoints.

# 34 SuperNoVa27 @ 08/07/11 02:07 AM
Dynamic Pre-Game Highlights!

Does this mean we could see Dynamic Highlights after games (ala NFL 2k5) in the next coming years?

Weekly Recaps maybe?!?! Damn, I'm getting a little too excited haha!

# 35 SouthBeach @ 08/07/11 03:12 AM
Of those 1,000 new animations, I, like many others, am hoping that at least 10 of those new animations are specifically noticeable in potential fast break situations.

For instance, not every fast break pass is a chest pass. There should be a new situational animation for a player in the open court to spin, let the ball bounce ahead in front of him, or catch the ball in stride and finish at the rim without dribbling. Player momentum would have to come into play because I wouldn't want Wade to receive a pass from 'Rio at half court and spin for no reason. But yeah.

Or this link here in case I screwed up the embed (in which case, someone please edit it for me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFQdOTqkM4

Something as simple as this, if implemented properly, could make a lot of us "fast break enthusiasts" happy if anything similar is part of the 1,000 new animations, haha.

# 36 Redskinsfan26 @ 08/07/11 03:47 AM
I just want there to be a animation to have the player walk up the court realistically

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 bostonchipster @ 08/07/11 05:04 AM
I want the passing anamations to work like madden. Tap for a lob, hold for a chest pass, possibly a trigger to modify for bounce passes. Im gonna have to buy two copies again, one for Xbox, and one for PC. Damn you 2K...your too good to me!

# 38 cashless @ 08/07/11 05:24 AM
Sounds great.

Hopefully they'll put the actual shoes in the game rather than having the model and then applying the team colors. In 2k11 you ended up with shoes that didn't exist.

# 39 dochalladay32 @ 08/07/11 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
I just want there to be a animation to have the player walk up the court realistically

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It looks so awkward when you try to make a player move up the court at a slower pace. Not every player bolts downcourt in 3 seconds.

# 40 VDusen04 @ 08/07/11 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
This. It looks so awkward when you try to make a player move up the court at a slower pace. Not every player bolts downcourt in 3 seconds.
I believe I read the walking animation will be re-introduced for 2K12.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.