Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 jeremym480 @ 11/09/11 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I received one literally 30 min after installing the patch. So no don't seem fixed
A freeze or a transfer failed error?

Also, I'm not sure if this is patch related, but I saw something I have never seen before in NCAA... The CPU got a delay of game penalty.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 202 PowerofRed25 @ 11/10/11 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
What are you talking about?
He is talking about the fact that in every custom playbook, there are formations that are frozen and cannot be removed making it very difficult to have a true custom playbook unless the formations that happen to be stuck are ones you use.

Shotgun Normal, Spread, Trips, 4WR Trey are usually the 3 guaranteed to freeze, many others will freeze if you take certain formations out of the playbook before you delete that formation. For example. If I remove Shotgun Split from Air Force's book, Flexbone Split Wing X will freeze. If I take out Flexbone Split Wing X first, Shotgun Split will freeze.

# 203 OGKing @ 11/10/11 06:05 AM
I don't know what the hell was going on but..

I had an OD match against another user, i was using USC, the game wouldn't let me kick Field Goals, or punt AT ALL. Whenever i go to special teams, it didn't have an option to let me select it or anything, it just said "Special Teams" and nothing else. This costed me my game, i had to go for it on fourth down, put me in bad field position. I ended up losing 30-28 because of this.

Take note, i'm not using a custom playbook.

# 204 ndfan1993 @ 11/10/11 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
I don't know what the hell was going on but..

I had an OD match against another user, i was using USC, the game wouldn't let me kick Field Goals, or punt AT ALL. Whenever i go to special teams, it didn't have an option to let me select it or anything, it just said "Special Teams" and nothing else. This costed me my game, i had to go for it on fourth down, put me in bad field position. I ended up losing 30-28 because of this.

Take note, i'm not using a custom playbook.
So were you 2/4 on 2pt conversions then....you scored 28 points, makes it look like you kicked the XP.

# 205 Beer Dawg @ 11/10/11 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I received one literally 30 min after installing the patch. So no don't seem fixed
Same here. Started the upload and transfer failed. I have four seasons in this dynasty.

# 206 TheVinylHippo @ 11/11/11 09:17 PM
This is hilarious.

So, I download this patch on the 8th and I'm still getting the TF when I try to do anything with Online Dynasty. So, I deleted my entire game save of NCAA '12 (the fact I thought doing this this would be a fix shows EA Tiburon's failure with this game), downloaded the Online Pass and started up the game.

Then I downloaded the patch and went into OD. I can actually get into Online Dynasty now! I get excited, go into recruiting and add some people, talk, and guess what - I back out to save, and, bang. Online Dynasty is currently unavailable. I can actually get pasted validating the roster now when I create one, but when I get to uploading the dynasty file I get TF.

# 207 blklightning @ 11/11/11 11:04 PM
i'm done with this series. not playing another football game until 2k is in the title.

# 208 NDFan1029 @ 11/13/11 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Even for me the offline dynasty has gotten dull and boring for a few years now. Its always the same thing year after year. There is not much life before the game. Just get the top stories, a few things about the top ten teams but rarely ever talks about rising teams.

Wont bring back the fcs teams to make bringing up sub par teams to the elite teams. Or updating rosters to be at 85 instead of 70 as it has for years when it should be a full roster.

Same gameplay problems its had for years and continue to bandage over. Presentation thats pitiful and stadium noise that you cant tell whether its a big or small stadium. Note that this is stuff year after year they claimed to have fixed.
Hey, at least the crowds and grass are 3D now! lol

# 209 NDFan1029 @ 11/13/11 01:05 AM
Considering football is the most popular sport going, it's pretty shocking that there is only one developer making games, while baseball and basketball have multiple to choose from. I really hope another company steps forward in the next few years and puts EA out of business. Either that or the next-gen of consoles is released and gameplay becomes a lot better and more realistic.

# 210 Keyser Soze @ 11/14/11 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
This is hilarious.

So, I download this patch on the 8th and I'm still getting the TF when I try to do anything with Online Dynasty. So, I deleted my entire game save of NCAA '12 (the fact I thought doing this this would be a fix shows EA Tiburon's failure with this game), downloaded the Online Pass and started up the game.

Then I downloaded the patch and went into OD. I can actually get into Online Dynasty now! I get excited, go into recruiting and add some people, talk, and guess what - I back out to save, and, bang. Online Dynasty is currently unavailable. I can actually get pasted validating the roster now when I create one, but when I get to uploading the dynasty file I get TF.
Only fix I found for this was to get a brand new gamertag which is a pain in the butt! however, it did fix it.

# 211 TheVinylHippo @ 11/14/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Only fix I found for this was to get a brand new gamertag which is a pain in the butt! however, it did fix it.
Did you change your gamertag before or after the patch? I tried it before this patch couple of months ago and it didn't work for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.