Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 has been released for the PS3. (The XBOX360 patch is coming soon).

Here are the official patch notes:

GAMEPLAY
  • On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
  • Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
  • Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
  • Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
  • Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team
  • Several matchmaking optimizations have been made in order to help users get into games quicker. This will reduce the amount of time the “Searching For Opponent…” screen is displayed for.
  • Addressed a number of network errors that would cause games to end prematurely.
  • Addressed an issue in Team-Up where certain conditions would lead to a player standing idle for prolonged periods of time.
  • Corrected a Win/Loss streak tracking issue such that the “Back to Back to Back” achievement/trophy will now unlock at the proper time.
http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12P103

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cmebfresh @ 11/03/11 06:23 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 2 youALREADYknow @ 11/03/11 06:30 PM
Quote:
GAMEPLAY
On-dribbler steal success rates have been tuned down.
Tuned accuracy of directional passing in order to more reliably pass to the intended target.
Improved help defense, specifically for rotations on pick-and-roll situations.
Defensive tuning on 3PT shots to reduce the success of contested threes.
Addressed an issue on drives to the basket where the help defender wouldn’t fully engage in the double team
All positive changes in my book. Now I just have to wait for the 360 patch to come through.

# 3 LD2k @ 11/03/11 06:33 PM
Also, it should be noted, as Ronnie mentioned on twitter:

Quote:
this was not the main big patch I talked about before. But we got 3s and steals tuned.
The other issues submitted from your feedback are stilll underway. It's good to see some main issues addressed. Let me know how your performance is (PS3 users).

# 4 mustardnmayo @ 11/03/11 06:34 PM
Will check it out right now..

# 5 kjjnesb @ 11/03/11 06:35 PM
Any idea when this may hit PC??

# 6 yungsta404 @ 11/03/11 07:00 PM
cool but i REALLY wish they would add in more reach in fouls. Im tired of getting mugged for steals EVERYTIME i walk up the court and try to run a play.

This has been a problem in 2k for YEARS i dunno why they never address it. They are just inviting people to steal spam.

# 7 DaWu @ 11/03/11 07:00 PM
I'll still wait for the big patch. this is the worst offline experience of any 2k games I played so far.

# 8 SouthBeach @ 11/03/11 07:02 PM
I hate to be one of those "ask a non-related question" guys, but I've had a major issue ongoing and am curious to know if Patch 1.03 for PS3 will be the same for 360. Or will Patch 1.03 address other issues pertinent to 360?

(Regarding my inability to Share media via HP Media Zone.)

# 9 LD2k @ 11/03/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
cool but i REALLY wish they would add in more reach in fouls. Im tired of getting mugged for steals EVERYTIME i walk up the court and try to run a play.

This has been a problem in 2k for YEARS i dunno why they never address it. They are just inviting people to steal spam.
The steal spam is something I delivered to the team in depth. I agree a LOT of people online "steal spam."

# 10 Goffs @ 11/03/11 07:08 PM
LD2K when does the PC patch come out?

# 11 LD2k @ 11/03/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
LD2K when does the PC patch come out?
I will try to get an answer for you PC users.

# 12 uraz3r0 @ 11/03/11 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I will try to get an answer for you PC users.
Thank you

# 13 Illuminati @ 11/03/11 07:14 PM
stupid question but do the proposed changes apply to my player?

# 14 yungsta404 @ 11/03/11 07:18 PM
Quote:
The steal spam is something I delivered to the team in depth. I agree a LOT of people online "steal spam."
thanks really appreciate it

# 15 youALREADYknow @ 11/03/11 07:21 PM
Quote:
Offline this is easily fixable by raising the Reaching Foul slider. I'm hoping you guys do something similar to the default levels (along with almost every other foul slider).

# 16 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 11/03/11 07:43 PM
So pumped. Sounds like they're at least partially fixing my two biggest issues with the gameplay.

# 17 DJ @ 11/03/11 07:50 PM
Sweet! Glad I have the game for both consoles.

# 18 DJ @ 11/03/11 08:02 PM
Quote:
Also, it should be noted, as Ronnie mentioned on twitter:

The other issues submitted from your feedback are stilll underway. It's good to see some main issues addressed. Let me know how your performance is (PS3 users).
I was just going to ask about this. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm going to get some games in tonight and will certainly post some feedback.

# 19 NINJAK2 @ 11/03/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404

I agree Yung but how about you play with the patch 1st and give us insights on it's effect on stealing before complaining more.

# 20 Prometheus1138 @ 11/03/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
Any idea when this may hit PC??
Going by past versions, don't hold your breath. I wouldn't be surprised if they do like last time and PC players will get it months after all the other console patches are done.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.