Home
WWE '12 News Post

It has been confirmed that a few people already have WWE 12. Please post your impressions here.

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 dochalladay32 @ 11/14/11 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
But it wasnt one, you can turn it off every time you ran an exibition match by only pressing the R stick (360)

Also, if you didnt want a team or stable participating in your universe, it was easy as moving them from the raw/smackdown roster inside universe mode while nothing being effected in exibition..

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
And I'd find it annoying having to turn it off every single exhibition match I played. Now it's not even a problem. They are separate modes, as they should be. Universe is like a modern day GM mode of sorts. Exhibition should have nothing to do with that.

# 142 RocketTMac1 @ 11/14/11 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
The United Kingdom tron and theme are included. There are actually quite a few older trons/themes here, like ShowMiz, Rated RKO, Miz and Morrison and Legacy.
So Rated RKO has its own theme and entrance this year?

# 143 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
So Rated RKO has its own theme and entrance this year?
Rated RKO has a Titantron video, but no music.

# 144 Jukeman @ 11/14/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
And I'd find it annoying having to turn it off every single exhibition match I played. Now it's not even a problem. They are separate modes, as they should be. Universe is like a modern day GM mode of sorts. Exhibition should have nothing to do with that.
I dont remember having to turn it off every single time you went into exhibition...

But the modes being its own now is besides the point I was making of keeping the edit options we had inside of universe mode (vacating non major titles)

jrider, is there an option to turn off the effects for finishers?

# 145 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Thanx Jrider, I know how difficult it is to try and answer everyone's questions. I got a TW game early a couple of years ago and trying to answer everyone's queries is time consuming especially when you want to sit back and enjoy the game.

Whenever you get a chance, can you mess around with sliders and the AI higher skill levels and see if any bugs are present in the actual gameplay like last year's early pin bug that was never fixed because the THQ track record in fixing gameplay bugs is pretty non-existent.

I know everyone is excited about the Universe changes but if the gameplay is lacking once again then everyone after a week will say the game sucks and they never should have bought it because the AI is too easy and predictable and they win in 2 minutes on the hardest level or there's a big bug in it etc... If the game isn't more enjoyable this year to play then all the bells and whistles ain'tt gonna matter once the newness of it is gone. I don't wanna waste $60 if it plays like Streetfighter again.
OK, I just bumped up the difficulty to Legend and used Cena to take on Tyson Kidd. Match lasted about 8 minutes, with Kidd winning using a small package. Some observations after one match: the window for reversals is smaller, momentum builds slower, the kickout bar fills slower, and the AI seems more deliberate in their attack. Kidd hit his finisher relatively early in the match, but didn't attempt a cover, choosing instead to keep working me over. I battled back and got my comeback moment, but Kidd escaped to the outside before I could trigger it. I did make a bit of a rally without it, but he countered my running clothesline into a small package for the win.

I'm going to do another match on Legend, Punk (me) vs. Nash (AI).

# 146 Jukeman @ 11/14/11 01:41 PM
Quote:
OK, I just bumped up the difficulty to Legend and used Cena to take on Tyson Kidd. Match lasted about 8 minutes, with Kidd winning using a small package. Some observations after one match: the window for reversals is smaller, momentum builds slower, the kickout bar fills slower, and the AI seems more deliberate in their attack. Kidd hit his finisher relatively early in the match, but didn't attempt a cover, choosing instead to keep working me over. I battled back and got my comeback moment, but Kidd escaped to the outside before I could trigger it. I did make a bit of a rally without it, but he countered my running clothesline into a small package for the win.

I'm going to do another match on Legend, Punk (me) vs. Nash (AI).
When Kidd hit his finisher and kept fighting after, was this with your slider for finisher up from default?

Looks like I may have to move the finisher slider up to 8-10 again, I expect finishers for low card superstars to have low damage again as usual.

# 147 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:44 PM
Quote:
When Kidd hit his finisher and kept fighting after, was this with your slider for finisher up from default?

Looks like I may have to move the finisher slider up to 8-10 again, I expect finishers for low card superstars to have low damage again as usual.

Yeah, the finisher slider was bumped up but it was early in the match and he hadn't done much to really hurt me. I'm hoping it was a case of the AI recognizing that I would have kicked out of the pin, so it opted to keep fighting. I hope that's what it was...

# 148 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 01:49 PM
OK, second match on legend ended with Nash pinning me after a sidewalk slam. I was actually in control for much of the match, but screwed up and went for Anaconda Vise instead of the GTS. I hadn't done anything to soften up Nash's head/arms, so he easily powered out of the Vise. That gave him a momentum boost and killed mine. He hit a suplex and another smaller move or two, then nailed the jacknife power bomb. One of Punk's traits is resiliency, so I was able to increase the size of the sweet spot on the kickout meter and beat the three count. However, Nash then countered my grapple into the sidewalk slam and it was all over. Match lasted about 6 minutes.

# 149 Jukeman @ 11/14/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Yeah, the finisher slider was bumped up but it was early in the match and he hadn't done much to really hurt me. I'm hoping it was a case of the AI recognizing that I would have kicked out of the pin, so it opted to keep fighting. I hope that's what it was...
Yea, I doubt it did any real damage to Cena when you compare attributes between the two.

I play with the momentum meter at its slowest anyways or with a high rate for finisher reversals (less succesful at reversing when damaged) Thats usually the remedy

# 150 RocketTMac1 @ 11/14/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
OK, second match on legend ended with Nash pinning me after a sidewalk slam. I was actually in control for much of the match, but screwed up and went for Anaconda Vise instead of the GTS. I hadn't done anything to soften up Nash's head/arms, so he easily powered out of the Vise. That gave him a momentum boost and killed mine. He hit a suplex and another smaller move or two, then nailed the jacknife power bomb. One of Punk's traits is resiliency, so I was able to increase the size of the sweet spot on the kickout meter and beat the three count. However, Nash then countered my grapple into the sidewalk slam and it was all over. Match lasted about 6 minutes.
Wow looks like the higher the difficulty the less time you have for the match. Or maybe you need more time to get used to the gameplay. How is the rivalry/allies setting going? Do allies help the other in a match like the Rumble or battle royal?

# 151 Jukeman @ 11/14/11 02:52 PM
How exactly does interference work?

Is it sometime random (the universe determind) or is it only triggered from the universe menu when starting a match?

Also, is interferences only happening soon as the match starts or is it random event within the match?

I seen a vid of a interference as soon as the match started with the little cut scene.

Also, are there more than one cut scene for interferences?

# 152 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Wow looks like the higher the difficulty the less time you have for the match. Or maybe you need more time to get used to the gameplay. How is the rivalry/allies setting going? Do allies help the other in a match like the Rumble or battle royal?
I wouldn't say the matches are shorter necessarily. I've only done two, and yes, I am still getting used to the gameplay. It's way to early to make any kind of judgments yet.

As far as rivalries and allies, they seem to be slow in forming or dissolving in Universe. Cena and Ryder formed a tag team, but that's the only one I've seen so far in the first year of simming.

I have noticed rivals coming down to interfere in matches, though, and allies coming to my aid, so that's cool. But usually the guy just runs down and stops before actually getting involved in the match. I've seen a couple instances of guys distracting the ref during a count.

# 153 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
How exactly does interference work?

Is it sometime random (the universe determind) or is it only triggered from the universe menu when starting a match?

Also, is interferences only happening soon as the match starts or is it random event within the match?

I seen a vid of a interference as soon as the match started with the little cut scene.

Also, are there more than one cut scene for interferences?
From what I've seen, interference works a couple of ways. First, you can select to interfere in any given match, and you get to choose who you want to use to interfere.

When the AI interferes, it's random from what I can tell. I've seen R-Truth come out to help Miz early in a match, but I've seen ADR come to the aid of Christian after 4-5 minutes. Like I said in an earlier post though, the interference rarely involves a guy actually getting in the ring.

As far as cutscenes, I've seen guys run down the ramp and come out of the crowd. Don't know if there are more than those two.

To be honest, though, I've been doing more simming than playing, so I haven't actually seen that many cutscenes in Universe. In fact, I wish there was a way to reset Universe because I think I've missed most of the cool moments by simming through them. I never see any of those remarkable moments that were so frequent in the first couple of months.

# 154 RocketTMac1 @ 11/14/11 03:15 PM
Ok thats sounds cool. If you put all the tag team titles on the tag champs do they come out with the offical tag team titles or do they carry two titles during the entrances?

# 155 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Ok thats sounds cool. If you put all the tag team titles on the tag champs do they come out with the offical tag team titles or do they carry two titles during the entrances?
I put all three tag titles on Air Boom and they only come out with the unified belts and are introduced only as unified tag team champions

# 156 RocketTMac1 @ 11/14/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
I put all three tag titles on Air Boom and they only come out with the unified belts and are introduced only as unified tag team champions
That solves the tag team title issue I was fearing that was in the game. Man this is great to know. How is the cusom PPV arenas? Do the announcers still call the PPV arena Extreme Rules if I make ECW One Night Stand?

# 157 jrider99 @ 11/14/11 03:50 PM
For those wondering about accessing the online stuff with only a silver account, I tried to download the 7-day trial Online Axxess pass and it wouldn't let me because it was a silver account. And the trial is only good for multiplayer matches, not access to the community creations. I had already used my pass with my gold account, so maybe if you have that code you will be OK, but I have to think this isn't a good sign.

# 158 LouieLouieWWE @ 11/14/11 05:02 PM
Not to be a bother, but have you checked on the custom music yet. Last year these bugs really annoyed me and I'm just curious to see if they were fixed

# 159 hulkhogan1 @ 11/14/11 06:08 PM
Has Morrison's Starship Pain been reanimated?

# 160 stunta21 @ 11/14/11 06:37 PM
1. is the nwo, wolfpack, and evolution theme and muisc in the game

2. is booker t doin commentary

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.