Home
News Post

Check out the first MLB 12 The Show screenshots, featuring the newly unveiled uniforms for the Orioles, Blue Jays, Padres, and Marlins available next season.

The players include Adam Jones (Orioles), Mark Reynolds (Orioles), José Bautista (Blue Jays), Chase Headley (Padres), Mat Latos (Padres), and Hanley Ramirez (Marlins).

MLB 12 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 12 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Perfect Zero @ 12/04/11 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
They added piping on the home white jersey, and the blue alternate jersey is completely new.
Not only this, but they changed their road jerseys from sand color to a traditional grey.

# 122 bp4baseball @ 12/04/11 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Not only this, but they changed their road jerseys from sand color to a traditional grey.
That was changed last year. This year they added the piping and changed the font to a more traditional feel on their road jerseys.

# 123 Knight165 @ 12/04/11 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
Ok I apologize, the word deception is a bit too strong. My French backgroud distorted it a bit maybe.

Basically what I'm saying is playing in indoor/outdoor situations influence gameplay (rain,wind) and the degree of realism. At the level of details MLB The Show is now (imagine new cleats this year) I'm expecting to be able to play with roof closed in April and September in cities like Toronto,Milwaukee and Seattle and don't have to play at 107 degree in Arizona in July.

For me this would be a huge step forward in term of immersion. Not asking for full animation in middle of the game, that can be included in another full year cycle. I'm expecting an option to play roof closed or opened in MLB12. That's personal like some others are expecting some other stuff to be in. I don't understand your defensive reaction. I was just sharing it with the community.
I understand that...and agree.
It was only when you stated huge,huge deception(which is why I bolded that)....that I was perplexed.

M.K.
Knight165

# 124 Perfect Zero @ 12/04/11 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
That was changed last year. This year they added the piping and changed the font to a more traditional feel on their road jerseys.
Hmm... The Baseball Hall of Fame says they wore the sand road jerseys last year too... Oh well, it's not that important. What is important is that if the jerseys made the guide, they should be in the game.

Between San Diego, Toronto and Baltimore, baseball is starting to look really good.

# 125 bp4baseball @ 12/04/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Hmm... The Baseball Hall of Fame says they wore the sand road jerseys last year too... Oh well, it's not that important. What is important is that if the jerseys made the guide, they should be in the game.

Between San Diego, Toronto and Baltimore, baseball is starting to look really good.
Here is the article about the change of color, dated January 2011
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-road-uniform/

I agree that there are some nice uniforms coming out this year, especially Toronto

# 126 bcruise @ 12/05/11 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I understand that...and agree.
It was only when you stated huge,huge deception(which is why I bolded that)....that I was perplexed.

M.K.
Knight165
I apologize as well - this is the main reason I "liked" Knight's post. Gotta love language barriers, eh? We're actually quite used to seeing people actually mean stuff like that when they say it, so please forgive our hostility.

# 127 merchant1874 @ 12/05/11 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Because there are so many minute details in each stadium that need to be explicitly pointed out. They aren't missed intentionally. It's impossible for any dev team to be able to collectively implement all the tiny details that are screamed for on this forum with no assistance.

That's what the community is for, to point those things out. And SCEA listens. They don't get to everything, but that's expected. They do what they can and the stadiums in The Show look phenomenal because of it.
Fair enough about the smll details but there are some BIG things. Like the Hall of Fame at Progressive. Some of the dugout artwork is also real old.

Small things to some but I'm a big stadium guy

# 128 merchant1874 @ 12/05/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Shots look pretty good, cant really tell a difference from last year at all. at this point its nothing that would make me spend 60 bucks again, but Ill hold final judgement off until I can see some gameplay video.
Thats the thing. The last 2 versions were almost identical other than the analogue stuff. Only people who buy the game each year will notice the subtle gameplay differences. Thats not to say its a bad thing. Just sometimes difficult to justify another $60 on it. Show the last 2 games to someone who has never played them and I dont think they would notice anything different.

As I said its not a bad thing they dont change much but I do think thats why people ask for such things as Retracatable roofs or stadium upgrades because sometimes its difficult to really see the upgrades.

# 129 tnixen @ 12/05/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Thats the thing. The last 2 versions were almost identical other than the analogue stuff. Only people who buy the game each year will notice the subtle gameplay differences. Thats not to say its a bad thing. Just sometimes difficult to justify another $60 on it. Show the last 2 games to someone who has never played them and I dont think they would notice anything different.

As I said its not a bad thing they dont change much but I do think thats why people ask for such things as Retracatable roofs or stadium upgrades because sometimes its difficult to really see the upgrades.
If Sony would just completely redo the presentation to more of a true to life TV Style presentation think ESPN,FOX Baseball, TBS that alone would make MLB The Show feel like a brand new game separate from all the past versions. One of the main reasons why people say it looks no different then last years game every year is because we have had the same basic presentation which has become old and stale and outdated! Its basically the same presentation they had on the PS2 versions. And with the power of the PS3 I expect way more from a presentation stand point. Just load up any Sony baseball game on PS2 and it will look and even sound exactly like it currently does on the PS3 versions. The presentation needs to have a 100% make over! I will be very disappointed if we once again have the same presentation that we have seen since PS2 days in MLB 12 The Show. However I really do have hope that this may finally be the year we get the presentation we have been waiting for!! In my opinion the current presentation in MLB 11 The Show has no glitz and glamour. I would not be complaining about these things if we still were just in the PS2 days of gaming. But we are talking about PS3 here and I thought by now 2012 we would have a presentation that mimics real life. There are other sports games on the market that have presentations that do mimic real life TV Broadcast with all the glitz and glamour that you would expect from PS3.

Now I relize there are only so many developers and time in a given year to add new features to every new MLB The Show version. But since so many gamers here seem to all want the samethings as I do I think Sony should really take most of their developing time to work on creating a brand new TV Style presentation. Even if it means other new features would have to be sacrificed in a given year.

Just my opinion of course

Sometimes I wonder how most of the Sony developers them selfs feel about the current presentation and if they feel it needs to be completely redone like the way I feel it does.
I guess its possible the Sony developers are totally happy with the way the current presentation is and thats why it has not really changed much over the years. That would be a shame if that was the case.

For the guys that get to talk to the Sony developers at the Community Day every year could you tell me what there opinion is of the current presentation and do they feel its also time for a makeover?

# 130 JoeRyan33 @ 12/05/11 02:27 PM
So....new player models....never going to happen?

Last year was the first I've missed in the series, but looking like two years straight. Unimpressed.

# 131 tnixen @ 12/05/11 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
So....new player models....never going to happen?

Last year was the first I've missed in the series, but looking like two years straight. Unimpressed.
The player models were worked on last year. They fixed/Improved the T Rex arms and wide shoulders.

# 132 JoeRyan33 @ 12/05/11 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
The player models were worked on last year. They fixed/Improved the T Rex arms and wide shoulders.
They are minor improvements, but the models look the same.

# 133 Blzer @ 12/05/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
The skeletons were completely redone. What you're referring to are the outer textures, and those weren't changed.

What's good though is that, with new skeletons, I think they now get to work on doing some tweakings from there. We'll see how much better they can make them look this year, but '10 to '11 was a big improvement.

# 134 Woodweaver @ 12/05/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
The skeleton/rig was reconfigured, models adjusted, and all the animations were retouched to work with the new rigging in order to address the main complaints that the arms were too short and the shoulder proportions were off. Not a small task.

What are you expecting to be done with the models? If you're more specific than, "they need to be redone", there may be a greater chance of seeing the changes you want.

# 135 tnixen @ 12/05/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
The skeleton/rig was reconfigured, models adjusted, and all the animations were retouched to work with the new rigging in order to address the main complaints that the arms were too short and the shoulder proportions were off. Not a small task.

What are you expecting to be done with the models? If you're more specific than, "they need to be redone", there may be a greater chance of seeing the changes you want.
I think the player models look just fine. Only thing I would like to see added is the option for players to wear those Braided necklaces that so many of them wear nowadays.

# 136 Woodweaver @ 12/05/11 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
The skeletons were completely redone. What you're referring to are the outer textures, and those weren't changed.

What's good though is that, with new skeletons, I think they now get to work on doing some tweakings from there. We'll see how much better they can make them look this year, but '10 to '11 was a big improvement.

Just to be clear. The basic graphical components of the fielders are the skeleton, the model attached to said skeleton, and the textures applied to the model.

As previously stated the skeleton was rebuild, the models were updated, and textures are constantly updated/improved.

Again, more specific descriptions of the perceived discrepacies/over-sights will provide a greater chance of actually seeing a change.

# 137 Blzer @ 12/05/11 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Just to be clear. The basic graphical components of the fielders are the skeleton, the model attached to said skeleton, and the textures applied to the model.

As previously stated the skeleton was rebuild, the models were updated, and textures are constantly updated/improved.
What I meant by "unchanged" with the textures was that you didn't scrap away anything you used to have with regard to jerseys, etc. and redo them as you did with the models. I guess I didn't want to be syntactically incorrect when I said what I did, but my point was that the "redoing" was not so much on the outer layer of the players as it was on the inside (so like the proportions, not the "skin" and such, even though those are, as you said, constantly upgraded).

# 138 tnixen @ 12/05/11 03:13 PM
I also would like to see longer dreadlocks on the player models.

Like for Andrew McCutchen for example.

# 139 nemesis04 @ 12/05/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I think the player models look just fine. Only thing I would like to see added is the option for players to wear those Braided necklaces that so many of them wear nowadays.
If I am not mistaken I think the MLB said no to the necklaces. Not sure of the exact reason though.

# 140 tnixen @ 12/05/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If I am not mistaken I think the MLB said no to the necklaces. Not sure of the exact reason though.

Really?

So not only no tattoos but now no necklaces either.

Since when are necklaces a bad thing?

I just don't get who is running MLB sometimes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.