Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every quarterback in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 quarterback ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Throw Power, Deep Throw Accuracy, and Awareness will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

Just a few notable ratings.
  • Ryan 89, Cam 89, Schaub 89, Flacco 88, Cutler 87, Hasselbeck 85, Luck 84, Palmer 84, Dalton 83, Smith 83
  • RGIII rated 83 with 93 speed.
  • Sanchez overall 80, Tebow 77.
  • RGIII, Vick and Pryor are the fastest QB's in Madden NFL 13. Next 5 are Josh Johnson, Tyrod Taylor, Joe Webb, Cam Newton, Vince Young.
  • Top 10 QB Throwing Power. Stafford, Cutler, Mallett, Vick, Newton, Rodgers, Freeman, Osweiler, Skelton, Brady.
  • Top 12 QB Accuracy. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Eli, Peyton, Schaub, Stafford, Big Ben, Luck, Romo, Ryan.
What are your thoughts on the QB ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 KingV2k3 @ 08/04/12 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
This is so spot on and its why the attribute values relative to just about every position needs to be tweaked so you don't have a bunch of athletic idiots running around.
Thanks for the compliment, but it's unfortunate that AWR is so misunderstood and overlooked by most...

Devs and Madden-ites, both...

IRL, the thing that separates the players isn't relative skills, but the individual player's implementation of those skills...

I.E. "smarts" (AWR)...

40 times are separated by tenths of a second...

Almost all NFL QBs can make "all the NFL throws"...

All the "measurables" are within a pretty tight range, IRL...

The ratings have always been "relative to one another" with those measurables...

However, AWR has always been poorly implemented in EA's rosters and esp. franchise progression, so you're right...

It leads to hyper athletic "idiots"...

If one were to take all the players and re-rate their AWR from a base of 50-60 (rookies) and have them increase by 5-10 points in their first few seasons, 3-5 for the next few and 1-3 in the seasons that a truly "wily" veteran would be fortunate to make it to, the game would play much smarter / realistically...

A guy like Luck should increase (if he succeeds and stays on the field) to about 70 by year two / 78 by year three / 84 for year four / 88 for year five / 91 for year six / 93 for year seven / 95 for year eight / 97 by year 9 and 99 (and holding) by year ten...

At which point, he should decline by about a point every year or two for the rest of his career, due to "slower reaction time" after over a decade of hits...

Well, that example AIN'T perfect...but you get my drift...

The skill set is either enhanced or diminished by the player's grasp of his position, which is usually a product of experience...then declines due to slower reactions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
Why is RGIII awareness so low. It makes it seem like he is ********.

It seems like EA has a hard time with its rating system. They think that they have to rate people so high in order for them to be good. It's like Joe Montana never had the strongest arm but he used his limited abilities to become one of the greatest of all time. It seems like if you don't get an overall over 90 in madden then your player will suck. They have to find a way to count for the intangibles.
RGIII should be around 58 (or so), but that's not the problem...it's the fact that the progression system probably won't give him the opportunity to get much "smarter"...

Montana is a great example of what I'm talking about...

His measurables were "meh", but his intangibles (AWR) were HOF caliber...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I disagree with the bold because that's the rating where Rookies should have to prove themselves to get higher, along with consistency/confidence in DPP. RG3 and Luck can have all the physical talent and skills in the world and ratings accordingly but they have to put that together at the NFL level.

My issue is that AWR and DPP don't matter enough because for some odd reason people think that shouldn't matter when User controlled. I 100% disagree with that because User control should be about trying to utilize ALL a players ratings, including AWR and DPP. Excluding them because it's supposedly the User's AWR now, is like saying the speed rating shouldn't matter under User control, it should be how fast the button is pressed.

User control should be about being in control of the decisions of the in-game player, not overriding their ratings.
AWR is huge because you're only controlling one player at a time and the AWR determines how they play when the AI is controlling them...

Also:

QB AWR is a huge determining factor in how "smart" the CPU (or AI controlled players in head to head) play against you...

And I agree:

"User control should be about being in control of the decisions of the in-game player, not overriding their ratings."

Bingo!

Oh well, I've been b*tching abut this for a decade and it's not likely to be addressed any time soon...

But, once again, this is why we need the ability to edit...

If the "EA system" doesn't acknowledge the AWR "issue", at least the USER could tweak it to their liking...

Oh:

And don't get me started on the poor implementation of INJ / TGH...

If a player in franchise has a significant injury when the roster drops, forget him ever getting back to 100%...

The low rating he gets in his "injury season", isn't going to rebound any time soon...

They've yet to find a way to separate the "chronically injured" from the guys who suffer a major setback and eventually come back to 100 percent (or close to it)...

On this rating chart, P. Manning has an INJ in the high 80's, while Stafford is in the 60's, Ryan is at 79 and Rivers and Romo are also high 70's...

Who wants to bet that P. Manning is on the field more than EACH of those guys over the next few years?

Because Mannings TGH rating is 90, even if he is injured he will recover quickly...

TGH determines severity of INJ and length of "rehab"...

Once again?

EDITING!

# 122 StL_RamZ @ 08/04/12 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans2091
How is it that Jake Lockers rating is a 75 while Hasselbecks rating is an 85?

Im not saying Hasselbeck is a bad rating because I would give him that rating as well but Locker should only be a few points behind Hasselbeck.

Last time I checked both of those QB's were in a competition for the starting job for the titans. So I don't see how they have a huge difference in rating. Also Jake Locker is better than Vince Young so I dont know how they can have the same rating.
Only reason they are having a battle is because he is Labled as their QB of the future so of course they are going to let him compete for the job...will he win of course not...Matt has what 2 mores years and locker will only get playin time only if Matt plays bad...and once again he will get playin time because he is Labled as their QB of the future

In terms of ratings locker could be better but no where close to Hasselbeck...

# 123 jmurphy31 @ 08/04/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Only reason they are having a battle is because he is Labled as their QB of the future so of course they are going to let him compete for the job...will he win of course not...Matt has what 2 mores years and locker will only get playin time only if Matt plays bad...and once again he will get playin time because he is Labled as their QB of the future

In terms of ratings locker could be better but no where close to Hasselbeck...
I agree with this. He really hasnt played in the NFL yet and should be in the 70's. Just because it is a competition doesn't mean they are close skill wise.

# 124 StreetCarp @ 08/04/12 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree with this. He really hasnt played in the NFL yet and should be in the 70's. Just because it is a competition doesn't mean they are close skill wise.
I disagree. Hasselbeck is way too high. He should be high 70s/low 80s. Although that would be even weirder because then Sanchez would be his superior...

# 125 Candyman5 @ 08/04/12 05:26 PM
Christian Ponder having the same overall as Chad Henne and Blain Gabbert irritates me a lot.

# 126 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/04/12 05:31 PM
Bob Griffin is overrated already. 95 THP? Wow is all I have to say.

# 127 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
I watch quite a bit of football buddy. Luck has decent speed, but if were saying him and Cam run the same speed then apparently it's you who don't watch alot of football or at least you haven't watched a lot of Cam Newton the past 2 years. I know your gonna say look at there 40 times, but that's without the gear and pads on.
If you say so. I said Luck isn't as "fast" as Cam. But Cam isn't in the same league as RGIII either.

I will say it again, because you seem to have gleamed over it. Cam doesn't run away from DBs he run around and through them. It takes more than an arm tackle to bring him down. He is a mobile QB, for you to say that Luck is "slow" and Cam is "fast" is just asinine.

Look at Cams run against Tampa Bay he got past on guy with a juke, and then got caught by a DB who couldn't bring him down. That is what makes Cam special as a runner. He is a 245 lb QB that is shifty, and powerful. Not because he is fast. Luck is the same way, when he uses his feet he can get yards because he is bigger than most DBs and has enough can run through arm tackles.

# 128 HandsomeJack @ 08/04/12 09:20 PM
It's a small complaint, but Ponder should be at least as fast as Rodgers (80.) He had a (slightly) better 40 time at the combine coming out of college (4.65 to 4.71) and last year he had a higher per rush average (7.8 to 4.3--with defenses putting 8 in the box against the Vikings in most games) than Rodgers did. Ponder may not be very good in any other area, but he is a very good scrambler--and should be just below the upper echelon guys imo. I know I'll be bumping him up to an 80 or 81 when I get the game.

# 129 Chrisksaint @ 08/04/12 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
Pleas quote where i said Luck is slow. I never did all i said was that RG3 and Cam can make more plays with there feet. Also, i never said Cam was as fast as RG3. I said Cam is faster than Luck because a blind man can see that. Especially if were talking about college, cause some of the runs Newton made at Auburn on very good teams Luck would have been tackled cause he doesn't have the speed. So yes Cam isn't in RG3's class, but Luck isn't in Newton's class either.

Luck's speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_w-puInqY

Newton's speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOi2hj_sjyY

As you can see Newton is clearly faster and can reach top speed a lot faster than Luck. So unless you got some other proof then no need to go any further.
Bad choice of plays for your argument, Luck in that plays shows greater straight line speed compared to Cam. The Cam TD was a lot of cutting, broken tackles, missed tackles, bad angles etc.

Cam isn't in RG3 speed category, but he's around the same as Luck imo just a better runner with the ball in his hand

# 130 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 10:37 PM
It's just comical now. Your videos prove my point. Both are big body QBs that can't run away from DBs yet are tough to bring down. Your "proof" doen't show straight line speed it shows tough, shifty running. I have already said that Luck isn't as fast as Newton. Which seems like the point hat you are making.

But my point is that Newton's outside the pocket game has less to do with his "speed" and more with his size. He is a nightmare to tackle in the open field. But he, like Luck isn't running away from DBs. That isn't his game. He can run with them draped off them. But he won't be running away from anyone.

# 131 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 10:45 PM
So I guess it safe to say that John Parker Wilson throws like a girl, with a deep ball accuracy of 47.

# 132 Chrisksaint @ 08/05/12 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
So I guess it safe to say that John Parker Wilson throws like a girl, with a deep ball accuracy of 47.
He may or may not hit someone in the stands when he throws.

# 133 N51_rob @ 08/05/12 12:55 AM
Honestly I have no clue. I think the overall accuracy matters more than deep, mid and short accuracy.

I had a QB who had a 74 overall accuracy and an 88 deep accuracy yet he still overthrew deep balls all the time and was generally inaccurate on the whole.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 134 ImaGamer_OS @ 08/05/12 12:57 AM
There is plenty already said in this thread. I am surprised between the gap between Griffin III and Cousins to be honest. I don't think that is a true reflection at the "next level". I think Cousins is a lot closer to Griffin III.

One thing that stands out at the top echelon is Phillip Rivers. I think Rivers is a little high at 92 OVR after his 2011/12 season.

# 135 Helios12787 @ 08/05/12 12:58 AM
From what I remember of the Throw Accuracy rating is it only affects simmed games. The Short/Mid/Deep Accuracy ratings are used while playing.

May be wrong here but I'm pretty sure that's the way it has been.

# 136 ConnSKINS26 @ 08/05/12 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
I think Cousins is a lot closer to Griffin III.
Help me understand why.

Outside of your reasons, anyone following training camp (or paying attention to them as prospects) would see the massive gap in talent between the two.

# 137 Helios12787 @ 08/05/12 01:41 AM
Don't know the specifics but from what I've noticed in my time playing madden:

A) The corresponding accuracy rating has a small but noticeable effect on the placement of the ball w/o the use of lead passing.

B) The use of lead passing I've found to really stress the difference between accurate and inaccurate QBs. I notice this mostly on streaks where u can reallllllly throw the ball way off with a mid 70s deep ball accuracy if you try to lead the pass. Whereas with a highly rates deep ball QB they can still throw precision passes (with the occasional overthrow by a couple steps.)

I suspect that both types of passes have pinpoint accuracy differentiation as well. I've noticed my QB being able to hit WRs in stride a lot more often with a higher accuracy rating whereas with the less accurate QBs the ball is most often thrown right at the WR best case scenario.

# 138 ImaGamer_OS @ 08/05/12 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Help me understand why.

Outside of your reasons, anyone following training camp (or paying attention to them as prospects) would see the massive gap in talent between the two.
Those following training camps around the league are hearing Robert Griffin III is struggling somewhat (holding on to the ball too long, making bad coverage reads).

I am not saying Cousins is his equal, I just don't think the talent gap is 11 points different overall. The Skins' got a steal in Cousins and whilst I could go on as to why I believe it was a mistake to draft him, I think he is a little closer than roster editors have rated him.

Just my opinion.

# 139 Jono078 @ 08/05/12 04:35 AM
Apparently 68 of the 113 Quarterbacks throw on the run equally the same.

Not sure if anyone has said that yet, but that's the big thing I noticed.

# 140 Candyman5 @ 08/05/12 07:32 AM
How you seeing all stats? I just saw overall, throw accuracy and throw power with speed. How you all swing throw on the run and such?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.