Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the intros in the Madden NFL 13 demo videos between the Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins and the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phobia @ 08/10/12 03:32 PM
Its all cut scenes over and over, I thought this would show some gameplay.

# 2 JimmyT85 @ 08/10/12 03:37 PM
Love that Giants/9ers intro! Got me pumped

Thanks for the videos

# 3 roadman @ 08/10/12 03:38 PM
Good crowd swell after the coin toss.

# 4 bigeastbumrush @ 08/10/12 03:43 PM
Tom Coughlin's upper body is impeccable.

Is he on HGH?

# 5 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 08/10/12 03:43 PM
I think the intros are 1000000000000000x better than the absolute joke we saw in NCAA 13.

But I still need to see how diverse this is. And how they'll complement this with a post-game show, a half-time show, or mid-game updates.

As of now, they have about 25% of the presentation down pretty solid. Not amazing, but solid. And I think that's a huge accomplishment in itself for a company like EA.

# 6 jpdavis82 @ 08/10/12 03:52 PM
For anyone wondering, there will be commentary in the demo, not just during pregame.

Justin Dewiel ‏@JDewiel
@jpdavis1982 @steve_os there will be commentary in the demo as well.

# 7 mars85042 @ 08/10/12 03:53 PM
It’s looking good hopefully the game play is dialed in, I’m excited!

# 8 Kramer5150 @ 08/10/12 03:55 PM
For those that wondered early on,it looks as though Phil Simms changes his tie...lol.
Intro looks good,can't wait to see it in action.

# 9 LBzrule @ 08/10/12 03:57 PM

# 10 37 @ 08/10/12 03:57 PM
the two clips definitely got me amped for Madden....never been this enthiusiastic about a demo before

# 11 JJT @ 08/10/12 03:57 PM
Can't wait to get this and just judge for myself.

# 12 bxgoods @ 08/10/12 04:00 PM
That Giants 49ers intro was f'ing awesome, I thought I was watching TV. Insanely accurate.

# 13 tanner75 @ 08/10/12 04:03 PM
Hope there are more intro's like the giants 49ers and not mostly generic ones like the redskins intro. Where are RG3's dreads in the pic? Can't wait to try on Tuesday!!

# 14 DaveDQ @ 08/10/12 04:04 PM
I like the intros. I kind of wish there was a voice introducing the game before Jim and Phil take over. I might ad one myself.

# 15 bucknut88 @ 08/10/12 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
I think the intros are 1000000000000000x better than the absolute joke we saw in NCAA 13.

But I still need to see how diverse this is. And how they'll complement this with a post-game show, a half-time show, or mid-game updates.

As of now, they have about 25% of the presentation down pretty solid. Not amazing, but solid. And I think that's a huge accomplishment in itself for a company like EA.
Am I the only one who could care less about this stuff? Give me close to perfect gameplay and I'm happy. I don't need halftime shows or pre-game anything. I just want the gameplay to be SOLID.

# 16 jwhezzy2003 @ 08/10/12 04:27 PM
normally madden would be about to come out in a week? Delayed release #FAIL

# 17 S C 0 0 Z E @ 08/10/12 04:28 PM
lol Pete Carroll must be doing some serious deadlifting, his traps are huge.

# 18 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 08/10/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
Am I the only one who could care less about this stuff?
You're not.

But there are also people who do care.

No reason why we can't have both excellent presentation and excellent gameplay. It's been done before.

# 19 CajunPunk @ 08/10/12 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...en-nfl-13-demo

I guess I am becoming "that guy" but what's the deal with some of the cut scene transitions? I have read back to some of the things The Watcher used to point out all the time back in the day, that still seem to be there. For example in the Redskins video, why does it transition from everyone in the huddle putting their hands in, immediately back to everyone on the sideline?

If they are intending for that to be a flashback type montage of something that has already taken place and then back to a "live" shot of the sideline, there needs to be a better method to relay that to the viewer. I hope people understand what I am saying and not just thinking "stop being nitpicky" because the little things like that matter
I'm with you, man. Jump/quick cuts denote a continuation of time. Cross-dissolves (or fades) denote a passage of time. If you watch the NFL on TV and when they are doing a flashback, the video often tends to slow just slightly right before a cross-dissolve to the live video. In real time (a live game), the guy in the bus is switching from camera to camera without dissolves or transitions. You jump from one shot to the next because this is happening now.

This doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite often. You can see it happen in NBC's coverage of the Olympics when showing a flashback or replay.

Also, the camera in Madden always seems too fixed on the player, as if it bounces with his trot. I hope the cutaway cameras are more stable, smooth and TV like in '13.

Studying film, videography and editing along with shooting news and sports has kinda ruined movies, TV shows and other things for me. Ha. So, when I see what you see, I can tell that it's not that you are simply being nit picky. Instead, you are picking up on things you normally accept subconsciously because they are abnormal compared to what you are used to. It's like when you visit someone's house and it smells different. You pick up on things that aren't what you are used to.
Is that too confusing? lol

With that said, Madden has ALWAYS been the worst in the commentary and presentation dept. They've made huge strides the last few years in that regard, however, and it'll probably be a bit longer before it feels fluid. I guess...

# 20 DickDalewood @ 08/10/12 04:56 PM
Awesome.

Hell. Yes.

Excited for Tuesday

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.