Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In the video, Visual Concepts expands on the new Control Stick previously discussed in the first Dev Insight. Protect the ball, make space, and easily transition between moves in the low post with NBA 2K13’s all-new Control Stick.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DaWolf @ 08/21/12 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
What I dont like here is how the ball just leaves his hands without a push from the player. *nitpick*

# 62 Goffs @ 08/21/12 02:42 PM
Hey 2k can you guys accidentally "leak" a 10 minute footage of 5 on 5 footage like Live 13?

# 63 nova91 @ 08/21/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
What I dont like here is how the ball just leaves his hands without a push from the player. *nitpick*
Yeah, I saw that and I was "eww" then I was like "meh". That can be fixed by release maybe.

# 64 Eman5805 @ 08/21/12 02:44 PM
Quote:
I know I've seen that particular animation in 2K12. Seems these ideas didnt totally spring up just this development cycle.

# 65 thilanwij @ 08/21/12 02:45 PM
Do you think the triple threat system will be like NBA Live's one before where you use the RS to do the moves (i.e. jab steps) and control where he launches with the LS?

# 66 SouthBeach @ 08/21/12 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
awesome! the only thing that pushes me away from this series are the graphics. not realistic at all and the player models look like zombies

Oh, darn. Looks like you forgot this in your post.

# 67 Vni @ 08/21/12 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thilanwij
Do you think the triple threat system will be like NBA Live's one before where you use the RS to do the moves (i.e. jab steps) and control where he launches with the LS?
From what I understood, when you recieve the ball, you are in the triple threat. You don't have to press anything, and you do moves with the right stick.

# 68 infam0us @ 08/21/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
From what I understood, when you recieve the ball, you are in the triple threat. You don't have to press anything, and you do moves with the right stick.
First few games I'll probably press the LT and move the right stick trying to triple threat and throw up some horrible shots.

# 69 kolanji @ 08/21/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
First few games I'll probably press the LT and move the right stick trying to triple threat and throw up some horrible shots.
well if not moving when u receive the ball would make u be in a triple threat then i need some new controllers cause my control is always moving in some directions cause it is never at a resting place of neutral due to over used and isomotion..yea am looking at u VC

# 70 bigeastbumrush @ 08/21/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
My issue with this and the Melo gif is both of them finishing with their wrong hand.

I know it's an and-one and they're being hit...but at least let the animation continue through with their shooting hand. Too many lefty finishers in 2K for years.

Why is that?

# 71 thilanwij @ 08/21/12 02:58 PM
Oh, gotcha. But do you think you can "launch" from that position while you're holding the RS, like last year's triple threat when you hold LT + LS. And do you think sizing up will be in the game again this year? I hope so

# 72 SouthBeach @ 08/21/12 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I can't tell for sure, but Boozer's dunk looks like a dunk animation that's been in 2K for a few years that I've never been a fan of, though in a way I think it looks different. The one I'm thinking of just felt clunky, and the force with which the player wound up for the two hand flush was not represented with the response from the rim (i.e. no breakaway but still clangy dunk noise). I am hopeful the one I'm thinking of is not present.
I was thinking this also. I don't mind the dunk itself. But as you said, the overall physics not matching up with the sound or vice versa kind of bugged me a bit in past 2Ks.
I'm not sure, but I'd like to see a fast break dunk that isn't so emphatic. Sometimes, players just do a regular 2-handed dunk to make sure they score (if a defender is near on a fast break) as opposed to a fancier dunk. Hopefully this one is a bit different.

# 73 VDusen04 @ 08/21/12 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
My issue with this and the Melo gif is both of them finishing with their wrong hand.

I know it's an and-one and they're being hit...but at least let the animation continue through with their shooting hand. Too many lefty finishers in 2K for years.

Why is that?
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything because I already kind of picked on the Carlos Boozer dunk animation but I was thinking the same thing you are. If 2K didn't have a history of very strong lefty usage for right-handed players from very difficult distances and angles (drifting lefty hook-pushes were a real thing in 2K12), I probably wouldn't have had an issue. But seeing the lefty and-1 attempt two times in a two minute clip drew my attention.

# 74 The Kid 24 @ 08/21/12 03:06 PM
Do we know anything concrete about Home/Away equipment in 2k13?

# 75 nova91 @ 08/21/12 03:11 PM
The problem is how often they put up shots with their left hand, there was one shot selection type in 2k12 where the only way to finish was with the left no matter the players dominate hand or situation.

# 76 Eman5805 @ 08/21/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
umm guys in the NBA can finish with both hands. Its not like kobe and carmelo were in jumpshot shooting form where they obviously shoot with their right hand , but their just trying to draw contact and throw the ball up and if the right hand isn't available they can still get a shot up with their left. its the NBA
Melo has a legit reason to not to shoot with his right hand in that instance.

He has Metta World Peace and Hair Grease's huge *** sitting on it!

# 77 SouthBeach @ 08/21/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

Why is that?
I'd like to think it's a context animation. I doubt they'll be finishing with their left on every And-One situation/animation. But maybe the devs were just trying to show different types of animations given the context of the foul(s) in the video.

# 78 MR Anderson310 @ 08/21/12 03:15 PM
looking solid cant wait till oct 2 ... its only going to look better an better by the time release rolls around.

# 79 xMoJox @ 08/21/12 03:18 PM
You guys gotta love Kellogg after KD's dunk. "Hangtime and bangtime!"

# 80 TreyIM2 @ 08/21/12 03:20 PM
I'm just glad to finally be able to get very excited to play a 2K without trying to force the feeling. Analog dribbling is the underlying feeling for this. Everything else is just icing, for me. Thx again, MW....and crew

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.