Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

You can sit down with the GM and discuss all sorts of things in NBA 2K13 MyCareer mode, including roster changes, minutes, trades and more.

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- GM sit-downs! At any point, Ronnie2K can meet with his GM to give him suggestions on the roster, discuss minutes, demand, request or rescind a trade request and more. After discussing the direction of the franchise in his second season, Ronnie demanded a trade! Let's see what happens.

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dannyld @ 09/04/12 09:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HqPob.jpg <-- Bigger image if anyone needs it.

I don't have much to say about this shot, but it's awesome. Seems like we will have more control this year.

edit: Although I'm wondering, if the game takes salary and budgets into account when you request roster changes. Say.. if I request Kobe to be traded to my team, can it happen? He's expensive. Will the game take that into account?

# 2 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/04/12 09:08 PM
Hopefully we have actual team GMs and the offices aren't all the same with different colors.

# 3 deetoman @ 09/04/12 09:09 PM
I'm sure they put some sort of realism into this.... I would hate to be a rookie telling them to trade so and so!

# 4 kmiree16 @ 09/04/12 09:09 PM
Looks good. But why would we be talking to the GM about minutes? lol

# 5 Ionowut @ 09/04/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
http://i.imgur.com/HqPob.jpg <-- Bigger image if anyone needs it.

I don't have much to say about this shot, but it's awesome. Seems like we will have more control this year.
I think this is looking great, nice screenshot. Now it's more of a business setting and I surely will enjoy this.

# 6 Caveman24 @ 09/04/12 09:13 PM
If I get drafted by the Bobcats im going have so many words for Michael Jordan its not going be funny LOL

# 7 Sports fanantic @ 09/04/12 09:14 PM
Cool, now i can demand a trade and hold out until I am traded to Golden State no matter what!.

# 8 barimanlhs @ 09/04/12 09:17 PM
So far so good. I like that we at least get to wear different clothes (sounds trivial but it adds a lot). Anything is better than that puke green suit lol

# 9 Dannyld @ 09/04/12 09:18 PM
Also another thing, in his tweet Ronnie2k mentioned he had to ask for a trade in his 2nd season. So... what does that mean for rookie contracts? They are 2 years + Team option correct? NBA2k12 didn't pay attention to that and you could ask for a trade after 5 games. I guess 2k13 doesn't follow that rule either? That might answer my question I had previously about budgets and salaries.

# 10 XenoZograscope @ 09/04/12 09:19 PM
Ah I remembered when 2K5 ( or was it 2K6?!) had this, nice to see it back.

# 11 Saturnis @ 09/04/12 09:21 PM
where is this my player info? am i missing something. Can't find anything new on it.

# 12 ChristTheSon @ 09/04/12 09:21 PM
Finally, this seems like it will be 20x better than how they been doing it. It would be cool if your myplayer could also have a say in the draft picks and firing/hiring of a coach.

# 13 beast10 @ 09/04/12 09:23 PM
I hope we can decline Pre-Draft Interviews

# 14 AgaliareptX @ 09/04/12 09:23 PM
Copying my thoughts from another site I posted this on:

While I like this one quite a bit, I'm a little hesitant. This is the caption to the photo:

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- GM sit-downs! At any point, Ronnie2K can meet with his GM to give him suggestions on the roster, discuss minutes, demand, request or rescind a trade request and more. After discussing the direction of the franchise in his second season, Ronnie demanded a trade! Let's see what happens. Like this?
The only thing I question is that it basically just seems like the same options you're already given in My Player except a little fancier looking with a new background screen of you actually going to the GM's office. Hoping the "and more" options are something new.

What I REALLY like about this though is that it gives it a more immersive/RPG kind of feeling where you're actually a player instead of just going through menu after menu to do actions like these. Reminds me of the Maddens back in like '06 when your "main menu" was actually an apartment and you could "go around town" to like your agents office and do stuff like when you wanted to change your outfit/look you clicked on the mirror instead of going to an "edit player" menu or something.

# 15 KyotoCarl @ 09/04/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
where is this my player info? am i missing something. Can't find anything new on it.
There's only two screenshots released from MyPlayer (My Career) thus far. This is the second one.

# 16 barimanlhs @ 09/04/12 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgaliareptX
Copying my thoughts from another site I posted this on:

While I like this one quite a bit, I'm a little hesitant. This is the caption to the photo:

The only thing I question is that it basically just seems like the same options you're already given in My Player except a little fancier looking with a new background screen of you actually going to the GM's office. Hoping the "and more" options are something new.

What I REALLY like about this though is that it gives it a more immersive/RPG kind of feeling where you're actually a player instead of just going through menu after menu to do actions like these. Reminds me of the Maddens back in like '06 when your "main menu" was actually an apartment and you could "go around town" to like your agents office and do stuff like when you wanted to change your outfit/look you clicked on the mirror instead of going to an "edit player" menu or something.
The RPG elements revealed make me think it will be similar to the crib in NFL 2k5 (I think?). They revamped the whole game and it appears to have a lot of off the court elements, which is nice!

# 17 MarvinOida @ 09/04/12 09:30 PM
I wonder if it's possible to be violent with the GM. Like if I wanna be a cocky, emotional, Ron Artest like player. I wonder if I can use Kinect to say "F--- You and your team, I demand to be Traded!!!". I mean, I wonder if I can set emotion to my Player, although this isn't GTA.... Be actually cool to say stuff using Kinect after seeing that trailer...

# 18 NealN42 @ 09/04/12 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Also another thing, in his tweet Ronnie2k mentioned he had to ask for a trade in his 2nd season. So... what does that mean for rookie contracts? They are 2 years + Team option correct? NBA2k12 didn't pay attention to that and you could ask for a trade after 5 games. I guess 2k13 doesn't follow that rule either? That might answer my question I had previously about budgets and salaries.
Rookie contracts, at least the lottery picks, are 2 years + 2 year team options. I'm guessing you can ask to be traded at any time though, as any player in the NBA can request/demand a trade at any point in their career, be it 6 years in or 6 days, it doesn't matter. When the player is traded, his contract is simply transfered to the new team (including the team or player option).

# 19 JBreezeNY @ 09/04/12 09:36 PM
I can't front this is great news. I asked for this on the 2k13 wish list especially since I wanted a return to the RPG element in ESPN 2k5.

# 20 k1lo5 @ 09/04/12 09:38 PM
Madness.

looks like we will def have more behind the scene control this year. might be worthy of the name change to 'my career'

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.