Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Could we see Madden NFL 13 CCM roster editing in the near future? According to Ripten, Josh Looman and the Madden team have a "shocking" announcement coming sometime tonight or tomorrow.

If it's not CCM roster editing, what else could it be?

Quote:
While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 Stuart4711 @ 09/14/12 08:03 AM
Hopefully it means an all-encompassing patch that gets offline CCM up to snuff and includes editing - and that it will be out next week.

# 302 jwtucker710 @ 09/14/12 08:05 AM
The ability to bring back regular Franchise and import NCAA 13 players, maybe??

# 303 jtott @ 09/14/12 08:29 AM
I hope this isn't it .... that there is still future plans to patch this thing so that it is playable for all..... offline CCM especially. Pease fix the camera angle issue .... I want to play using "broadcast" in CCM! Player editing would be nice. I had also read in another forum... not sure if there was any truth to it, but they were going to add offline fantasy draft , but as DLC only.
PLEASE FIX THE CAMERA ANGLES !

# 304 roadman @ 09/14/12 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Jesus what a "shocking" fail this is. Especially when dealing with a mostly sim crowd here at OS. Not once in the history of football videogames have I wanted to go out and do a fantasy draft to get guys on different teams without trading for them. It takes the competitive edge off of everything and is just overall, very boring.

EA, don't hype something up that 90% of the madden population could really care less about when there are so many other things wrong with the gamw that could have been patched to increase the value of the game. Nice job catering to the 12-16 year olds who want Aaron Rodgers throwing to Andre Johnson in a Buffalo Bills uniform.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I agree to a certain extent, I've never used this feature yet, but, to the power of voicing your opinion, it was the number 1 request at the GCer's site.

Power to the people.

# 305 CajunPunk @ 09/14/12 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart4711
Hopefully it means an all-encompassing patch that gets offline CCM up to snuff and includes editing - and that it will be out next week.
Pipe dreams.

# 306 roadman @ 09/14/12 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart4711
Fantasy draft is the announcement.

# 307 stlducks @ 09/14/12 08:35 AM
They don't want player editing because then there is no reason to buy Madden 14. I was excited for this big shocker saying even if I didn't like it atleast they were trying, my only request was that it was something to do with offline gamers...again screwed by Madden.

This seems like something they had planned for awhile, tell us it couldn't be in then all of sudden they can do it.

# 308 TreFacTor @ 09/14/12 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree to a certain extent, I've never used this feature yet, but, to the power of voicing your opinion, it was the number 1 request at the GCer's site.

Power to the people.
I don't trust the numbers on Ea's sites...they had a poll on their forum that was clearly embellished.

1000 votes against editing
90 for

Thread had less than 700 views.

# 309 BigRudy21 @ 09/14/12 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I don't trust the numbers on Ea's sites...they had a poll on their forum that was clearly embellished.

90 for

That does seem a little fishy, pretty disingenuous tbh. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining

# 310 CajunPunk @ 09/14/12 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Wow. So online fantasy draft was the big announcement?? Great, something I don't care anything about.
How many people actually play that, I wonder. Since it was first introduced years ago, I've never met one person, in aaaaaaalllll that time, who used fantasy draft. I'm not saying they aren't out there, but they can't possibly be that numerous, can they?

# 311 TreFacTor @ 09/14/12 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
How many people actually play that, I wonder. Since it was first introduced years ago, I've never met one person, in aaaaaaalllll that time, who used fantasy draft. I'm not saying they aren't out there, but they can't possibly be that numerous, can they?
While I have seen fantasy draft as a top complaint of the missing features, I would argue that the number of people that complained about it was lower than those who wanted player editing and 32 team control back. (just judging by the 5 sites I frequent for Madden information). It's a nice feature to have, now they only need 3 more features to return and everyone will be happy.

Full editing
32 team control
cpu vs cpu (coach mode)

custom gameplans and playbooks will probably take till Madden 14.

# 312 DeuceDouglas @ 09/14/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
It's number one on the GameChangers website out of all the EA games. I've never used it and would have preferred it to be something else but the fact that they're showing an effort this early is a good sign. If they can get this next patch out asap it would be really nice.

# 313 roadman @ 09/14/12 09:13 AM
People must play it or it wouldn't be the number one vote getter at the Game Changer's site.

I don't, but happy for those people.

# 314 TMJOHNS18 @ 09/14/12 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor

90 for

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. What better way to say "we're listening to community" than to artificially boost voting on something they're already working on so it appears they're giving the consumers exactly what they want.

Editing is optional, it allows people to choose the look and #'s of their players and doesn't take anything away from the game... yet a 1000 people came out of the woodwork to shoot it down? This entire CCM edition is a joke, NHL keeps it's features but adds in CCM, seems to me those Devs know the mode has issues.

# 315 HARTSTOPPER @ 09/14/12 09:23 AM
Quote:
People must play it or it wouldn't be the number one vote getter at the Game Changer's site.

I don't, but happy for those people.
Sorry, this is the only site i visit for my sports related gaming. On top of that, the game changers remain VERY uninvolved here discussing game related issues, etc. If you were to put up a poll here I am willing to bet that you would see 32 man control, online CCM xp fix, offline CCM everything, player edits, fix CPU RB game, and THEN maybe fantasy draft.

# 316 roadman @ 09/14/12 09:27 AM
Quote:
On top of that, the game changers remain VERY uninvolved here discussing game related issues, etc.

That is entirely false.

Rgiles, has been an OS member for several years and has been engaged since the game came out. EmmodotFrisk, a former GameChanger, now a EA Sports Community member has been here on a daily basis answering concerns.

No need to generalize on that point.

# 317 HARTSTOPPER @ 09/14/12 09:29 AM
Quote:
That is entirely false.

Rgiles, has been an OS member for several years and has been engaged since the game came out. EmmodotFrisk, a former GameChanger, now a EA Sports Community member has been here on a daily basis answering concern.

No need to generalize.
I havent seen any of those guys. Maybe they are posting in the "we want fantasy draft back" threads and the rest of us are posting in "fix the running game, online CCM xp, etc." Threads

# 318 roadman @ 09/14/12 09:35 AM
Quote:
I havent seen any of those guys. Maybe they are posting in the "we want fantasy draft back" threads and the rest of us are posting in "fix the running game, online CCM xp, etc." Threads

Actually, EmmodotFrisk is in the Fix CCM thread and other threads, including this one and Rgiles is in this thread too.

# 319 HARTSTOPPER @ 09/14/12 09:37 AM
Well im posting on my phone so i dont see the pretty colors. the only point i was trying to get across was that i do not venture to any other sports gaming sites other than here and 1 out of 10 threads were fantasy draft.

# 320 roadman @ 09/14/12 09:41 AM
Quote:
Well im posting on my phone so i dont see the pretty colors. the only point i was trying to get across was that i do not venture to any other sports gaming sites other than here and 1 out of 10 threads were fantasy draft.

I understand your point and I don't go elsewhere, either, but sounds like other websites collaborated together for fantasy draft.

I know previously, CGers were trying to get people to vote on their website from OS, but it was met with resistance. A few people have it in their signatures.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.