Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Hobbyconsolas has posted this NBA 2K13 video presentation they recently had in Spain, with Marc Gasol. There are some short gameplay sequences of the Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DboyRavage @ 09/14/12 08:41 AM
Good find!

# 2 kpax1º1 @ 09/14/12 08:43 AM
Marc Gasol in the cover of the spanish edition heh.

Good find.

# 3 youALREADYknow @ 09/14/12 08:57 AM
I'm less enamored by the gameplay with each "un-edited" video that is released.

There's a lot of areas that still need work that were either already present in 2K12 or have been introduced by the new isomotion and perimeter defense contact.

The lack of sound, fundamental transition defense and ease of half-court chest passes to wide open spot-up shooters from Mid/3PT have been in every 5-on-5 video released so far.

I'm hoping that a lot of this can be cleaned up with sliders. The lack of penalty to dribbling around like an NBA Street game on dribble penetration is probably a difficulty and slider setting change, but it's still hard to watch without cringing.

It's mid-September so hopefully we can stop getting the puff marketing videos and get to some actual sim gameplay videos that aren't cherry picked 10 second clips of moves. If not, there's always the demo...

# 4 domidomdomz @ 09/14/12 08:58 AM
I still don't like some of the rebounding animations. Example is that Perkins rebound animation on the 4:40.

# 5 youALREADYknow @ 09/14/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
I still don't like some of the rebounding animations. Example is that Perkins rebound animation on the 4:40.
You don't like Kendrick Perkins showing off his 40 inch vertical?

# 6 MP.Trey @ 09/14/12 09:00 AM
Looks like Rudy Gay's signature skills are: Finisher, Active Hands and Anti-Freeze

Marc Gasol: Post Playmaker, Brick Wall, Bruiser

Mike Conley: Pickpocket

That's all I saw so far.

# 7 DboyRavage @ 09/14/12 09:05 AM
I'm glad we can easily sub again!! peep @2:33

# 8 Blackhail92 @ 09/14/12 09:06 AM
westbrooks signature skills are shown at 5:21

ankle breaker, acrobat, pick pocketer, interceptor, and finisher.

# 9 domidomdomz @ 09/14/12 09:07 AM

# 10 DocHolliday @ 09/14/12 09:09 AM
Looked pretty good. The CPU seems to have the ability to kinda attack on the secondary break. Last year, they always ran plays and never to advantage of early shot clock opportunities.

I like it.

# 11 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/12 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You don't like Kendrick Perkins showing off his 40 inch vertical?
And people wonder why these companies limit showing off their game. After a while, people just start to nitpick the hell out of the game. 40 inches dude? Really? Height wasn't the problem. Facing and trajectory? Maybe. But you said it yourself, the more you see, the more you find to complain about. You should take a break from viewing the game, or you'll convince yourself to hate the game before you even play it. Unless you were already convinced, of course.

# 12 DboyRavage @ 09/14/12 09:12 AM
Can anybody translate the "NEW" feature on the paused screen @5:21

# 13 youALREADYknow @ 09/14/12 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Looked pretty good. The CPU seems to have the ability to kinda attack on the secondary break. Last year, they always ran plays and never to advantage of early shot clock opportunities.

I like it.
That's actually not true. Configuration of coach profiles dictated the CPU's transition attack on offense.

# 14 DocHolliday @ 09/14/12 09:15 AM
Quote:
That's actually not true. Configuration of coach profiles dictated the CPU's transition attack on offense.
Well it didn't work well. I bagged single player after a week do to the CPU always pulling back and running a long winded play that eventually ended in a last second forced shot.

Unless I didn't give it enough time, it did not play well single player last year in my mind.

But hay, maybe you messed with the sliders and setting for 15 hours and made something work.

# 15 youALREADYknow @ 09/14/12 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
And people wonder why these companies limit showing off their game. After a while, people just start to nitpick the hell out of the game. 40 inches dude? Really? Height wasn't the problem. Facing and trajectory? Maybe. But you said it yourself, the more you see, the more you find to complain about. You should take a break from viewing the game, or you'll convince yourself to hate the game before you even play it. Unless you were already convinced, of course.
2K12 had similar rebounding animations where the player went off a launch pad regardless of vertical rating. The number 40 was obvious sarcasm which I guess you didn't get.

I like 2K12 while most of the community hates it irrationally, so why would I "hate" 2K13? Stop being defensive and put your guard down.

# 16 DocHolliday @ 09/14/12 09:16 AM
Quote:
And just because there is a setting or slider for something, that doesn't mean it actually works in-game. See: MADDEN

# 17 domidomdomz @ 09/14/12 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboyRavage
Can anybody translate the "NEW" feature on the paused screen @5:21
It says "Habilidades Personales". which means Personal Skills. Most likely, the Signature Skills menu.

# 18 Goffs @ 09/14/12 09:22 AM
WOOOOO!! Finally a proper shot block!

# 19 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/12 09:29 AM
Quote:
2K12 had similar rebounding animations where the player went off a launch pad regardless of vertical rating. The number 40 was obvious sarcasm which I guess you didn't get.

I like 2K12 while most of the community hates it irrationally, so why would I "hate" 2K13? Stop being defensive and put your guard down.
No, what you didn't get is that I clearly recognized it as an exaggeration, and said height wasn't the issue with that rebound.

And as for you not liking the game, I didn't say that either. I was just covering the bases of my last statement just in case. Read it again.

All I'm saying is that these videos are put out to enjoy and to evaluate. This is obvious. But it gets to a point where "evaluate" to some becomes only "critiquing". And that's a buzz kill frankly.

What you said about rebounding is important. We've seen a LOT of videos so far. Have we really seen the old vertical issue that often? I don't think so. Does that mean its gone for good. I doubt it. But the issue seems to have been addressed noticeably and that's a good thing, right?

And I agree about the irrational hate of 2k12. That game was a victim of expectations.

# 20 jreezy18 @ 09/14/12 09:31 AM
I really hope excessive dribbling like that gets penalized.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.