Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

There will be a post with images about this later, but I figured a little teaser never hurt anyone.

If you didn't know, we changed the way we rate players and every position weigh different attributes differently. Before the change the game had 44 players rated 99 or higher. After the change there are 17, here is a little taste.

In no particular order.
  • T.Tulowitzki 99
  • A.Pujols 99
  • R.Braun 99
  • J.Hamilton 99
  • M.Cabrera 99
  • C.Kimbrel 99
  • C.Kershaw 99
  • A.Chapman 99
  • S.Strasburg 99
  • F.Hernandez 99
  • J.Verlander 99
  • B.Posey 99
  • M.Kemp 99
  • R.Cano 99
  • A.McCutchen 99
  • M.Trout 99
  • C.Gonzalez 99
J.Votto just missed the cut at a 98.

Second Baseman Top 5
  • Robinson Cano 99
  • Dustin Pedroia 98
  • Ian Kinsler 95
  • Brandon Phillips 93
  • Jose Altuve 90

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Russell_SCEA @ 02/12/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksdaniel99
This has turned into quite a mess
Dance puppets

In all serious is par for the course there is no middle ground with people. Everyone complains no matter what.

# 62 basketballer0385 @ 02/12/13 08:06 PM
I just want to say thanks Russell and everyone involved in the show I like the numbers it gives me a goal to get to 99 and not an a now I just need to get my name in the game

# 63 DethBaphomet @ 02/12/13 08:15 PM
Thanks for sharing bud. Good to see a Stro make a 90. My only hope of an increased BA.

# 64 tvman @ 02/12/13 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Well, look at how many successful steals in attempts against Posey and then look at the same with Molina. Look at DWAR for both players. Molina played more games at C and is a better catcher than Posey. So Posey hit 20 points higher than Molina last year, but Molina saved more runs than Posey. Defense like Molina is to me worth 20 points in batting average.

I also don't see Carlos Gonzalez being a 99. Braun is linked to performance enhancing drugs and 99 for him is suspect.
Gonzalez is a 99 at home and a 50 on the road. I guess that would make him 75, seems about right.

# 65 fanofikedavis @ 02/12/13 08:34 PM
Cargo should not be 99 overall. He has terrible home/away splits. If he played in a neutral park, he wouldn't be anywhere near 99.

Which brings me to my next point, do specific stadiums bring variations (i.e. ball going further in Colorado and Arizona as opposed to New York)?

# 66 MrOldboy @ 02/12/13 08:42 PM
As far as I know there is no park difference in the game other than weather or size, if there is much of an affect. I'd love to see a park factor introduced. But you'd also have to add in individual splits for players. For example Votto is a better hitter away even though Cincinatti has a pretty hitter friendly park factor. Who knows if Cargo and Barney's splits are really due to park factor, it could just be that they like playing at home.

# 67 myghty @ 02/12/13 08:52 PM
Well played Ramone, well played.

He saw that the forums were getting a little too quiet so he decided to post this.

Mission Accomplished.

# 68 MLB Bob @ 02/12/13 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
As far as I know there is no park difference in the game other than weather or size, if there is much of an affect. I'd love to see a park factor introduced. But you'd also have to add in individual splits for players. For example Votto is a better hitter away even though Cincinatti has a pretty hitter friendly park factor. Who knows if Cargo and Barney's splits are really due to park factor, it could just be that they like playing at home.
Park Factors are in the game

# 69 bcruise @ 02/12/13 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Park Factors are in the game
I know I've seen either a dev or a CD invitee post about that at some point, but I just can't find it. Do you happen to have a link to it?

I believe you, and it's driving me crazy that I can't find it.

# 70 pistolpete @ 02/12/13 09:08 PM
That is way too many 99s.

# 71 seanjeezy @ 02/12/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I know I've seen either a dev or a CD invitee post about that at some point, but I just can't find it. Do you happen to have a link to it?

I believe you, and it's driving me crazy that I can't find it.
Its an "under the hood" thing, if you play at the marine-adjacent stadiums you can tell the ball doesn't travel as far.

# 72 garyjr33 @ 02/12/13 09:09 PM
I think it is great that we have numbers and bars. It's just like HOT ICE!!! It's the best of both worlds! I am glad that the game went from 44 players with a 99 overall to 17 players with a 99 overall with the new ratings algorithm. I don't agree with all of the 99 players but oh well. It is what it is. I have faith in the SCEA crew to get the majority of the players correct. I have a feeling this game is going to be epic this year. Can't wait for the franchise mode this year. It's almost showtime.

# 73 MLB Bob @ 02/12/13 09:09 PM
I did a Google search instead, it was in the "Top 5 wishes for MLB 13" tabarnes19 confirmed it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-show-27.html

And I certain its been mentioned before in many other threads periodically

# 74 Knight165 @ 02/12/13 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
I did a Google search instead, it was in the "Top 5 wishes for MLB 13" tabarnes19 confirmed it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-show-27.html

And I certain its been mentioned before in many other threads periodically

Park effects...?
Yes....it's been in for quite some time.

M.K.
Knight165

# 75 pirates1fan @ 02/12/13 09:13 PM
I have to say, reading some of these posts are stinkin hilarious. People get really worked up about these things. But, when on the topic of rosters and ratings, Knight, are rosters by any odd chance going to be able to get done earlier this year? I love the job you guys do and I am not complaining, but all these franchise mode improvements get me excited and I just can't start until your rosters come out. Thanks for all the hard work every year!

# 76 AREYN24 @ 02/12/13 09:16 PM
I love the number ratings, its a more accurate representation of each player based on their individual ratings for the position they play. Look at cabrera for example, dudes power and contact are off the charts, his plate discipline and ability to hit R/L pitchers is awesome. So I'm sure that the majority of his 99 is derived from his hitting ability more than his fielding seeing as its only average.

# 77 seanjeezy @ 02/12/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
I have to say, reading some of these posts are stinkin hilarious. People get really worked up about these things. But, when on the topic of rosters and ratings, Knight, are rosters by any odd chance going to be able to get done earlier this year? I love the job you guys do and I am not complaining, but all these franchise mode improvements get me excited and I just can't start until your rosters come out. Thanks for all the hard work every year!
Earlier than opening day? Yeesh...

# 78 AREYN24 @ 02/12/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Exactly. Every year at this time we see so much whining about little minute things that people don't like or complain about. It's sad when you think about it. At the end of the day, it is still a video game. Not everyone plays it the same way. Ratings can be edited and yes the roof is still not closed. It's not a big deal. SCEA strives every year to add as much new material to the game as they can. A lot of it ideas and requests from the very people on OS, yet the more great things they add the more people complain about what they didn't add to the game. Be happy you're getting the greatest baseball game there is from people who care about making the product better every year and not just standing pat and adding a roster update as a new game. Some people just aren't happy unless they are getting what "they" want.

I know what kind of game we're getting and I can't wait for it to get here. It's supposed to be fun. Don't make it a headache for yourself by worrying about a player's left foot in his stance or a jersey color not being the perfect 100% shade of blue.

It's about having fun with a great product.
Well said.

# 79 pirates1fan @ 02/12/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Earlier than opening day? Yeesh...
Yeah, the more I look at my comment the more how I think and realize it sounds a little rediculous. Just curious I suppose. Like I don't know if each year he has more and more people who will help that make it quicker or not. I am just anxious I guess.

# 80 DJ @ 02/12/13 09:24 PM
Two 99 rated players for the Rockies. I'm using them this year since I am using the Mets in 12.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.