Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

Check out the MLB 2K13 gameplay video, featuring the Baltimore Orioles vs. Toronto Blue Jays.

Check out the Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Oakland A's, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bluejaysfan65 @ 03/04/13 05:44 PM
Can't believe the Jays players are still wearing their old caps in the head shots....

# 42 dubcity @ 03/04/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Can't believe the Jays players are still wearing their old caps in the head shots....
Or that they don't even have a picture of Miguel Gonzalez. I'm trying to figure out how it was so easy for MLB 2K12 modders to put new pics in the game last year, but a year later the game developers can't manage it.

Also, I'm still waiting to see if the CPU pinch-hits for pitchers in NL games. If that hasn't been fixed, man oh man.

# 43 cubsfan203 @ 03/04/13 06:09 PM
Doesn't look as bad as some people are making it out to be. Don't judge a book by its cover. Yes, the competition beats 2K in a lot of areas. No one is going to deny that. Where 2k has gotten it right for a few years now is the FUN factor. Most people play games for fun and entertainment. When it gets to the point you have to critique every little problem you're never going to be satisfied.

I probably won't buy this game, simply because I'm satisfied with 2K12 at the moment, but some people really should give the 2K series a try before calling it terrible based on a video or screenshots.

# 44 htskr21 @ 03/04/13 06:12 PM
Hi everyone! First time poster. (Long time OS reader)

Anyway, just saying hello and looking forward to 2K13 tomorrow...

(I've tried to like "the Show", I really have but this game is more fun.

# 45 striker3771 @ 03/04/13 06:40 PM
I enjoyed 2k12 and will always support 2k regardless if I do not agree with the price for this year's game. I've been supporting them for years. While they don't have the best graphics compared to other games; they've offered me countless hours of FUN. Which is the most important factor to me in what games I purchase. The video confirms that they have atleast tone the smoothness of the gameplay. Looking forward to gettting the game in my hands tomorrow.

# 46 stlpimpmonsta @ 03/04/13 06:41 PM
Celtic6 keep in mind they announced that there wouldn't be a 2k13. Then out of nowhere a month a go they announced 2k13. They probably only spent 3 months on the game if that.

# 47 stlpimpmonsta @ 03/04/13 06:50 PM
Ps2 game? I swear people have bad eyes these days. That or they never seen a playstation 2..........

# 48 m1ke_nyc @ 03/04/13 07:47 PM
Wish sliders could be tweaked so that the ball doesnt die out completely after one hop each time.

# 49 N51_rob @ 03/04/13 07:49 PM
There really isn't a reason to keep briniging up The Show in this thread. This wasn't a comparison video. Talk about the merits of the video (good or bad) on its own. The mentions of the show when talking about this footage NEED TO STOP.

If you don't like the game or have no intentions of buying it, why are you even in this thread/forum?

# 50 htskr21 @ 03/04/13 08:16 PM
Sorry everyone! I didn't mean my first post to cause any trouble. I like the 2k13 video and am looking forward to getting the game tomorrow. I really liked 2k12.

# 51 lnin0 @ 03/04/13 09:26 PM
If you are 2K then who is your market?

Give or take a few, core fans are buying the other game or, if stuck with no option, buying your game. That has been the story for years. It doesn't matter what 2K did, the numbers come out the same.

Maybe 2K invests a bunch and gets the numbers to sway a little in their favor. It wouldn't be enough to make up for the investment.

Or they don't invest anything and loose some of the cyclical core business. Again, its a wash. They lost sales but profit is higher per copy since the investment was so low.

What does that leave them? The million dollar show.

Think of all the gamers who buy 2K for no other reason. Heck, how many past winners were even baseball fans? Now there are more chances to win and you get a game you've already had a lot of practice with.

What more could you ask for if you are just in it for the money.

# 52 Blzer @ 03/04/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hf199
Oh and I forgot please add fielding cameras (high, medium, low), really? C'mon man...
Actually, they do have these. Not for offense, but for defense. There are like four or five fielding cameras, and they are editable.

I know, it surprised me too.

# 53 audbal @ 03/04/13 10:32 PM
Why do you think they limit us to only two cameras on offense? I don't get that.

# 54 Blzer @ 03/04/13 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Why do you think they limit us to only two cameras on offense? I don't get that.
I don't know. There are always questionable decisions in places for games, and it makes me wonder what their thought process is behind said decisions.

# 55 riichiieriich @ 03/05/13 01:16 AM
I don't understand how there's still people that think this garbage is worth spending $60 on. I wish I had the money to get a PS3 to play The Show because that game is 10 times better than the last two years of 2K baseball. I keep reading that this game is more "fun" but I don't understand how you can have fun with a game that looks like it was made 7 years ago. It's not just the graphics, it's the horrible animations, crappy screen overlays, and multitude of glitches. It's EASY to hit home runs in 2K, which is why I think these people keep saying it's fun. Never spent a dime on this series and never will.

# 56 RUFFNREADY @ 03/05/13 01:29 AM
LA Dodgers vs Oakland A's gameplay

http://youtu.be/VJjMPi0e0SI

# 57 RUFFNREADY @ 03/05/13 06:23 AM
I like the game; as it feels like a very polished MLB 2K12; with some legacy issues still.
My eyebrows where raised for weeks as I didn't see anything on 2K's rendition this up coming season! I kept checking MLB.com for the smallest of signs and nothing! For those that don't know; if you go to the site MLB.com it has MLB 13 the Show shrink wrapped all over it, and nothing from 2K period; years prior there was at least something from 2K in a corner somewhere! but nothing at all about 2K, and MLB 2K13.
The game is still fun; and I can understand if people don't want to spend $60.00 for a roster update, and a patched version of MLB 2K12.
IMO, I feel 2K was just giving people the option to play some form of baseball on the xbox360, instead of the "Show" on the PS3.

cheers,
and thanks for watching.

# 58 elfdutch @ 03/05/13 07:25 AM
Just wanted to know if anybody has played a night game on the ps3 yet.
I own 2k10 and 2k11 and the game looks fine during daygames but horrible during night games.
The lighting is all wrong then. During the night games the white home team uniforms look so bright they are lighting up. The difference between day and night is really really big on ps3.
That is what kept me from buying 2k12, well that and the animations, lack of celebrations etc.

So, really interested to learn if this was changed or not.

# 59 Money99 @ 03/05/13 09:11 AM
One thing I'm noticing from the vids is that balls don't seem to die as much in the gaps.
In 2k12, I had a hard time getting extra-base hits because the ball seemed to stop or slow so an OF could scoop it up and keep the runner at 1st.
Seeing a few more extra base hits is great!

# 60 N51_rob @ 03/05/13 09:27 AM
I know it's hard guys, but don't feed the trolls; Report them.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.