Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

Check out the MLB 2K13 gameplay video, featuring the Baltimore Orioles vs. Toronto Blue Jays.

Check out the Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Oakland A's, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rynecandy @ 03/04/13 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Seeing as your statement is opinion and not fact, then you can safely assume your comments will turn into a debate and you could very well be facing a ban, so you might want to tread lightly.

I'm someone who can acknowledge all the things that The Show does extremely well.
But for my tastes, I've enjoyed 2K more than MLB the last 2 seasons. It's not a perfect game, but I have fun when I play it, and in the end, that's what everyone should be able to say when they make a $60 investment.
lmao @ getting a ban hammer. I think the 2K looks decent for someone who only owns the 360 but the majority of people with PS3 & 360 are going to pick PS3 The Show. I haven't heard long durations of The Show commentators, so I'm not sure if it's the same as last year (besides adding another member). 2K commentators sound solid but any game can only record a set limit of lines....even 5K or 10K lines will begin to repeat.

# 22 xsquad423 @ 03/04/13 01:07 PM
I always buy both and I was able to get 2k13 early from the a swap-meet and yes it's exactly the same as 2k12 a lot of the new guys like Trout, Harper, Soto, and Cespede. Still have generic faces. Grenke still wit a Brewers hat in his pic. My dirt hit was a double that ended up being an inside the park home run because Trumbo got glitch standing against the wall. I love 2k but the didn't even try. For the Dodgers fans that asked, they have the new dodger stadium seats but still have the old big screens.

# 23 xsquad423 @ 03/04/13 01:08 PM
*first hit

# 24 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/04/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
I think the 2K looks decent for someone who only owns the 360 but the majority of people with PS3 & 360 are going to pick PS3 The Show.
I had a PS3 last year, but still went with the 2k12 and I never once regretted that decision. Sold my PS3 three weeks ago and will be picking up 2k13 tomorrow. 2k plays a fun game of baseball and in the end that's all I care about.

# 25 Cardot @ 03/04/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I realize we live in a capitalist society and whatever sucker will buy it, but releasing this game this year just seems underhanded to me. Maybe that's the problem too many women out there on both sides of the fence.
For the record, I have 2K12, I like it and plan to play it again this year. 2K13 appears a little better, but not enough for me to buy it. So while that is disappointing to me personally, I think I understand the business strategy. While there are a few of us here that really like the game, by all accounts we are in the vast minority. 2K probably feels that are already way too far behind, so rather than try to catch up, finish out this generation by cataring to the Million Dollar challenge crowd. I am guessing that they have the market research to determine how many copies that the promotion sells, and that they make money on it. But they probaby don't feel that there is a ton to gain by dumping alot of investment into development at this point.

I understand that people many think this is underhanded, but I don't. They haven't promoted any new features. The back of the box is the same, the achievements are the same. It has been pretty obvious from the start that this would be a light paint job. And for anyone who doesn't have a recent version of the game, then it is a solid title.

# 26 tvman @ 03/04/13 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquad423
I always buy both and I was able to get 2k13 early from the a swap-meet and yes it's exactly the same as 2k12 a lot of the new guys like Trout, Harper, Soto, and Cespede. Still have generic faces. Grenke still wit a Brewers hat in his pic. My dirt hit was a double that ended up being an inside the park home run because Trumbo got glitch standing against the wall. I love 2k but the didn't even try. For the Dodgers fans that asked, they have the new dodger stadium seats but still have the old big screens.
Well this statement isn't totally correct as Harper had his own cyberface in 2k12 and it was a good one. As far as the others your likely right but Cespedes has a generic face in the show as well.

# 27 econoodle @ 03/04/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
I had a PS3 last year, but still went with the 2k12 and I never once regretted that decision. Sold my PS3 three weeks ago and will be picking up 2k13 tomorros. 2k plays a fun game of baseball and in the end that's all I care about.
Please do hop in the impressions thread and get in depth on your thoughts no later than 10:30 am eastern standard time.

Will you be doing franchise mode?

# 28 Hockeynut99 @ 03/04/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatman38
I like Kruk Phillips and Thorne in this game but wow this game just doesnt even belong on the same level as the show... I traded my xbox in for a ps3 just for the show sorry boys but after being totally disappointed year after year I finally did something about it... My name is Trevor and I am a survivor of 2k baseball letdown
Awesome so you are done posting in here. Cool!

To me the game looks way more polished.

# 29 Lovesports @ 03/04/13 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordeal47
Look at 26:35.. what the EFF!?

Anyway, the game looks just as bad as last year, BUT. I still enjoyed 2K12. I'll be getting 2K13 tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Like the above poster said, at least the player and team ratings aren't a complete joke.
You can edit ratings in the show....you can't edit graphics in 2k. I wanted to give this game a chance but I just can't. I've seen better graphics on nintendo 64.

# 30 NINJAK2 @ 03/04/13 03:08 PM
That looked pretty good to me.

# 31 Hockeynut99 @ 03/04/13 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You can edit ratings in the show....you can't edit graphics in 2k. I wanted to give this game a chance but I just can't. I've seen better graphics on nintendo 64.
Hyperbole much?

To me the colors and the commentary are top notch. Even the stadiums look good. I am looking forward to getting this game tomorrow.

# 32 Lovesports @ 03/04/13 03:19 PM
There is no need to defend any game...none of you get the money when I make a purchase so please stop trying to desperately convince yourselves and others that the game is worth a $60 purchase. Give me the $60 and ill send you a 2k12 copy with updated rosters. You guys need to chill. Do you criticize a movie critic when he says a movie isn't that good? No you don't, so don't do it here either. Honestly, both games bring something to the table that the other one doesn't, but it's clear this year that 2k did nothing to improve.

# 33 PVarck31 @ 03/04/13 03:23 PM
Tone down down the Show talk.

Stay on-topic.

# 34 Lovesports @ 03/04/13 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Tone down down the Show talk.

Stay on-topic.
Agree, 2k is a good baseball game but I'll skip this year because it's obvious no improvements were made...thats all I'm saying. Lets stop comparing the two already

# 35 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/04/13 03:33 PM
I will be picking up 2k13 for the PS3 in my bedroom - sort of my 'before bedtime' or 'before work' game. I'll be getting the Show for my franchise immersion for the PS3 in the home theater and on the Vita.

2K has its strengths. No, it's not graphically what the Show is. However, it's pitching system is truly innovative and the commentary is superb. I'll be getting it for those elements alone.

# 36 MizzouRah @ 03/04/13 03:47 PM
This happens each and every year.. don't feed them.

More videos!!!

# 37 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/04/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Please do hop in the impressions thread and get in depth on your thoughts no later than 10:30 am eastern standard time.

Will you be doing franchise mode?
I would love to do that, but I do work 9am to 6pm est. I won't be on until then, I will be doing franchise. I'll probably start with MyPlayer first, but we'll see how I feel. I'm looking forward to baseball being back!

# 38 mkharsh33 @ 03/04/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsAndyg
Does 2k pay some of you? This game has been awful for years now and you know it. Hate on people all you want for talking about the other game all you want, but If EA put out MVP 13 this year, you would all buy that game instead, FACT.
Thanks for your words of wisdom... You just helped me make my decision...

SMH... Sometimes I can't believe the stupid comments I see here.

# 39 CMH @ 03/04/13 05:34 PM
Goodbye, sir.

I would hope everyone else sticks to the topic.

# 40 xsquad423 @ 03/04/13 05:37 PM
I loved last years 2k but this one didn't even try, even the menus look exactly the same. They could have added an online franchise or something.

Somebody tell that guy MVP baseball died for a reason.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.