Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 14 screenshot, featuring the Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 drift7one @ 04/12/13 11:06 PM
I know Georgia's new uniforms are in the game. and the release photos showed not a whole lot changing.

is Georgia going back to the 1964-1977 look?

but in the last two screenshots, comparing to the Georgia helmet stripe and the Florida players.... I really think Georgia has (is going to have) new helmets that feature a GREY facemask.

# 2 cyclone2426 @ 04/12/13 11:36 PM
Wasnt it already confirmed that Florida got slightly different jersey numbers? The same used on the basketball jerseys

# 3 bigbob @ 04/12/13 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
What are #41 and #47 both doing with their hands? I thought blocking was supposed to be improved.
I believe it was posted in another thread that it was basically a lie, and the line play was not changed.

# 4 TDenverFan @ 04/12/13 11:43 PM
It's hard to judge games from screenshots.

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/12/13 11:49 PM
I got a question. Why are Florida's blockers facing the opposite direction of the ball carrier running through the line ?

# 6 Kingd803 @ 04/13/13 12:04 AM
Whoa!! That looks soooo bad! Jeez! Look at number 19s arms!! Is it possible to even be alive and have arms that small? Let alone play division one football!

Oh btw looks like 11 , 12, 13, like crap

# 7 Tyler_Bullard @ 04/13/13 12:29 AM
Hahaha these are so bad.

# 8 PVarck31 @ 04/13/13 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I believe it was posted in another thread that it was basically a lie, and the line play was not changed.
It was worked on and improved according to Clint Oldenburg, and a number of previews said the same. So no one lied. Now will it actually be improved? That remains to be seen.

# 9 iCebErgSLiM369 @ 04/13/13 12:52 AM
Jersey slevees have looked awful for years now. Jerseys are now made to be stretched tight over shoulder pads. Its been this way for the last 10 years. No part of the jersey should be moving because there is no excess. No one is rocking the michael irvin, troy aikman long jersey sleeves anymore. Players with "normal" sleeves should not have all that going on in the shoulder area. The tight sleeves in the game look a little better but depending on what team you use, the numbers or stripes on the sleeves look like they just got rolled under the shoulder pad for some reason. Its been this way for 6 years now. I'm not a facemask or a sock guy but the more screenshots we see the more this jumps out to me.

# 10 Skyboxer @ 04/13/13 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
It was worked on and improved according to Clint Oldenburg, and a number of previews said the same. So no one lied. Now will it actually be improved? That remains to be seen.
With all do respect (And I do mean that) "Reworking the OL/DL" is not the same as what I'm hearing about it getting "tweaked".
It didn't need tweaked, it needed re-written IMO. Assuming that was just too big a task this late in this gen. I have big hopes for FB for next gen as this gens been a huge bust.

# 11 PVarck31 @ 04/13/13 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
With all do respect (And I do mean that) "Reworking the OL/DL" is not the same as what I'm hearing about it getting "tweaked".
It didn't need tweaked, it needed re-written IMO. Assuming that was just too big a task this late in this gen. I have big hopes for FB for next gen as this gens been a huge bust.
I'm just the messenger man. Big Bob said that it was a lie that someone said the line play was being changed. I was just making the correction that it was in-fact stated in previews and by a developer that it was being worked on/tweeked or whatever. I just meant it was said they are doing something with it. Meaning that it wasn't just something that someone made up.There was nothing else intended in my post.

# 12 BenGerman @ 04/13/13 01:53 AM
From what I understand, O-Line/D-Line logic was improved, interactions were not.

# 13 Skyboxer @ 04/13/13 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm just the messenger man. Big Bob said that it was a lie that someone said the line play was being changed. I was just making the correction that it was in-fact stated in previews and by a developer that it was being worked on/tweeked or whatever. I just meant it was said they are doing something with it. Meaning that it wasn't just something that someone made up.There was nothing else intended in my post.
It's all good. Just seems we hear one thing each year but the product is another.
I really really hope EA brings the goods next gen. I think Madden made some strides this past year but far from where, IMO, it should have been by now.

Time will tell...

# 14 Skyboxer @ 04/13/13 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
From what I understand, O-Line/D-Line logic was improved, interactions were not.
We'll see. Seems like the typical cop out statement from EA.
It needs an overhaul.
Seeing these players do the tango/patty cake every down simply makes the game look "old" and "tired".
Hopefully we get an overhaul next gen.

Again I really wish EA well in the future as it's probably our only hope. I just have my doubts they have the talent to make the changes we expect.

# 15 Official_Mole @ 04/13/13 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
It's hard to judge games from screenshots.
I agree. While I do understand how certain details can be pointed out (such as blocking, the uniforms, body types) I always wait til I've played the game to judge how I feel.

When EA SPORTS releases a blog about a feature most people say they will wait to play the game before they judge it, but when a screen comes out there will always be pros/cons from players because your given a visual.

I for one will wait until I get my hands on the game again to see the progress that has been made.

# 16 Official_Mole @ 04/13/13 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I got a question. Why are Florida's blockers facing the opposite direction of the ball carrier running through the line ?
Well we don't exactly know what type of run it was, therefore, it's possible he could have cut to the outside and the blockers are facing away to hold off defenders coming from the middle of the field.

# 17 KushNstien @ 04/13/13 04:14 AM
I dont think they are going to have the new uniforms in the screenshots yet. Remember they have to get the okay from the school first to put it in.

# 18 guaps @ 04/13/13 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Exactly how I understand it as well. Blocking AI has been redone, but the interactions will be the same. However, the new addition of 'play-by-play' fatigue will probably have an effect on OL/DL interactions as players will now give up on plays if they are too tired.

That being said, the Infinity Engine 2.0 does not affect OL/DL interactions. It's been improved from Madden 13 to include footplanting and limbs, but I wouldn't expect physics-based blocking until next-gen.

# 19 bpac55 @ 04/13/13 07:57 AM
bad...just bad all around. Georgia will not wear grey facemasks, EA just can't get crisp white when it matters. The player models and out of date equipment are terrible and haven't been touched in ages.

# 20 lost1 @ 04/13/13 08:33 AM
AND STILL NOT A SIGHT OF A GRASS STAIN, DIRTY PANTS, NOTHING.. WE NEED TO KNOW AGAIN IF WE NOT GONE GET DIRTY UNIFORMS FOR THE 4TH STRAIGHT YEAR. FIX IT PLEASE. 4 YEARS MAN, COME ON. ILL BUY IT REGARDLESS BUT I NEED DIRTY UNIFORMS. IT SUCKS THAT COLOR UNIFORMS ARE DIRTY AND WHITE ONES ARE SUPER CLEAN.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.