Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 playbook, Defensive Control, highlighting the game’s enhancements on the other side of the ball that fans can expect to see in the latest installment of the game. The video features San Francisco 49er NaVorro Bowman and showcases defensive game improvements, including more realistic momentum transfers, the most impressive hits yet, improved pursuit angles, as well as new dive and lunge tackles and heat seeker tackling.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 hanzsomehanz @ 05/15/13 01:16 PM
Loving that leg drag at the 75 % mark

Its a demo - dont expect to see any saving grace for the Offense.

Just an FYI

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

# 2 secondsolution @ 05/15/13 01:21 PM
It seems like it was heavily edited which is kind of concerning. Also I'm confused as to why this was labelled 'playbook 2' when the IE2 was the second playbook.

Besides that it seems like there are some welcome additions there, however they will have to be seen in an actual game to actually know how much impact they will have.

# 3 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Beat me to it, stupid EA releasing this on my lunch break

# 4 roadman @ 05/15/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Didn't see anything different from past Madden as far as defensive/offensive line engagement. That was just a hit/tackle highlight trailer, I think guys on this board wanted to see more defensiveness/offensive line and DB/WR interaction, that trailer was very under whelming to me.
We did want to see it, but EA hasn't mentioned, yet, unles there is a reveal at E3. All I've seen is better run blocking logic.

# 5 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 01:39 PM
SO the run free trailer was bad because it was all hype, but this one is too boring because it's just "normal gameplay" and doesn't show much? SMH

# 6 vannwolfhawk @ 05/15/13 01:42 PM
Disappointing...

# 7 howboutdat @ 05/15/13 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
SO the run free trailer was bad because it was all hype, but this one is too boring because it's just "normal gameplay" and doesn't show much? SMH
hey , at least it only took two extra days of editing to get it up. in order to show 75% the exact same things ive already seen done in madden 13. only thing i saw that i havent seen before was the one guy wrapping his arms around rg3 leg to hold him back .other than that, to me, just another waste of time and hype. classic move.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 05/15/13 01:44 PM
Glad it was finally posted. Everything looked pretty standard here. Nothing bad that I noticed off top, but nothing amazing jumping out here either for me. Cool video though. And honestly I still don't really understand the "Force Impact System". From the videos I don't see what it has changed. I guess it's something you have to "feel" again, lol.

# 9 Luck911 @ 05/15/13 01:44 PM
So....

1.Better pursuit angles
2.Hi and low tackles or different type of tackles
3.Improve Hit stick

That is all?

# 10 SageInfinite @ 05/15/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
hey , at least it only took two extra days of editing to get it up. in order to show 75% the exact same things ive already seen done in madden 13. only thing i saw that i havent seen before was the one guy wrapping his arms around rg3 leg to hold him back .other than that, to me, just another waste of time and hype. classic move.
And honestly that tackle was in the e3 presentation last year. I've never seen it personally in Madden 13 though.

# 11 howboutdat @ 05/15/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Didn't see anything different from past Madden as far as defensive/offensive line engagement. That was just a hit/tackle highlight trailer, I think guys on this board wanted to see more defensiveness/offensive line interaction, that trailer didn't show me anything. Wonder are they going to have a blog with more detail to go along with this trailer.
i agree , nothing new there really. if they do put up a blog, its just gonna talk about the "better angles" defenders will take, and more tackle animations. Just gonna have to buy it first, play it, and see for yourself if its really any different. pretty sure thats their MO.i think ill just skipp the rest of their "playbook" reveals after that . No point in getting any of my hopes up again.

# 12 coolcat3 @ 05/15/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
It seems like it was heavily edited which is kind of concerning. Also I'm confused as to why this was labelled 'playbook 2' when the IE2 was the second playbook.

Besides that it seems like there are some welcome additions there, however they will have to be seen in an actual game to actually know how much impact they will have.
What's really concerning is that they KNOW we want to see the interactions up front and they don't show us. I think after the Run Free trailer most fans would have taken a Line Interaction trailer. To me this shows where their priorities are. They aren't concerned about their fans they are only concerned with adding updates that aren't really necessary in order to push off real updates year after year.

# 13 TyghtWork @ 05/15/13 01:58 PM
0:08 you see the linemen driving blocking on #96 inside woodley. then later @ 1:11 i think rams #79 running the de up field. both new to me

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 01:58 PM
Go look at the screenshots I'm posting, there's more to this than you realize.

# 15 mvb34 @ 05/15/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
yeah, seems like they went the same route as NCAA Football 14 and just improved the run block logic only. If their was a drastic improvement in line play it would have been highlighted, I wasn't expecting this to change on the current gen version anyway but I am not entirely confident that the next-gen version will be any better.

I thought that were to highlighted the tackling and pursuit angles they never said line interaction..

# 16 DeuceDouglas @ 05/15/13 02:06 PM
Pretty much what I expected. I liked the Watt play. Looked like there was a little bit of in-between time rather than just straight win/lose like in the Ware clip. Didn't like some of the hits where the ball just fell out. I really want the hit stick gone.

# 17 Elite49 @ 05/15/13 02:17 PM
Why does it seem that IE2 is still not being used for Tackles? No one wants to see the same tackle over and over like last year. The only time IE1 came into play (after demo) was when more than one person ran into ballcarrier.

# 18 alabamarob @ 05/15/13 02:47 PM
The first clip of ray rice? I thought run free had footplanting. Rice ran towards the line and changed directions toward the sideline without planting. Looked like 13 running. Also the falcons linebacker blowing up olson and tackling d williams in less than a second was to nfl blitz like. The game seems like it is moving way to fast. Hopefully, the trailer does not represent the game speed. If everything was slowed down it would look more realistic. I did like some of the block shedding animations by bowman

# 19 TyghtWork @ 05/15/13 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Starter at 1:02 is something that causes me concern, Saints LB #50 is coming in on the RB and Saints DL #94 trails off to the right side of the offense, going off screen, while the Panthers OL men #63 & #67 double team a defender to the left of the offense leaving what would appear to be OL #77 to take on the Saints LB #50 who is charging in on the RB, but at the last second #77 shoots off to the right off screen allowing the Saints #50 to come in and make the play on Cam Newton, untouched....

This seems to show poor blocking assignments on either #63 or #77....I can see #77 flaring outside as Cam Newton is keeping the ball and appears to be trying to run in the direction #77 is blocking to, but no one picked up the LB....I hope again that this is a ratings determined missed block and not a base error in assignment..
Thats a zone read, he should have gave the ball and D. Williams is still running. They reading the player that hit Cam. I think its good that #63 is getting to the 2nd LvL on that play. IMO

# 20 Sheen_O_Mack @ 05/15/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
Thats a zone read, he should have gave the ball and D. Williams is still running. They reading the player that hit Cam. I think its good that #63 is getting to the 2nd LvL on that play. IMO
You're right. To a point.

If you look at Cam's head it looks like he is looking at #50, which would make him the read key, but Cam did make the right decision by keeping the ball. When running option and the read key "attacks" the QB keeps, when the key stays home you give. I'm hoping that #50 (Lofton) made that play based on ratings, or a user was controlling him. #63 looked to be chipping the NT and going second level (at least I hope that was it and not him taking a bad angle right into the NT)

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.