Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Most of the cities you can move to in Madden NFL 25 Owner Mode were listed a couple of days ago. The Score received the full list of all 17 cities, including market size, fan personality and fan interest.
  • London, England
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Mexico City, Mexico
  • Toronto, Canada
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Brooklyn, New York
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Sacramento, California
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Houston, Texas
Source - Madden 25 lets you to relocate your franchise to these 17 cities (The Score)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 leedsbear @ 06/10/13 02:01 AM
Those L.A. names really suck.

# 182 RedZoneD25 @ 06/10/13 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So just move the team and keep their name as it is, problem solved no?

I have no problem with most of the names, but the Austin Bats? That would never fly(no pun intended), but then again there's the New Orleans Pelicans.
Bats are a big deal in Austin.

# 183 chzblck @ 06/10/13 12:26 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm that we are only allowed to use the City name then Team name? So I couldnt say Utah __________ it has to be Salt lake city ___________

This would drastically change the ability to move around.

Also anyone else find the humor in The Orlando Sentinels since thats the newspaper in Orlando?

# 184 Neoprankster @ 06/26/13 05:45 PM
Disappointed by the name choices for LA. I wanted to bring back the Arena league Avengers.

Not sure if I want the Jets or Jags to become the revived London Monarchs.

# 185 sportzbro @ 06/26/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chzblck
Has anyone been able to confirm that we are only allowed to use the City name then Team name? So I couldnt say Utah __________ it has to be Salt lake city ___________

This would drastically change the ability to move around.
I also have this question. I'll guess that it's only going to be city + team name. Also, I think we should be seeing the logos for these teams soon?

# 186 RogueHominid @ 06/26/13 11:16 PM
I love the idea of being able to relocate a team to Houston as the Oilers. It would be great fun to reinstate the run-n-shoot there. I wonder if they'll have the classic uniforms or not.

# 187 The JareBear @ 06/27/13 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
I love the idea of being able to relocate a team to Houston as the Oilers. It would be great fun to reinstate the run-n-shoot there. I wonder if they'll have the classic uniforms or not.
This indeed would be pretty awesome

# 188 IGetBiddies @ 07/02/13 04:44 AM
I understand the argument for wanting to customize the name and uniforms but I personally like that they have preset names, jerseys and cities. Hopefully with limiting the number of options they included these names into commentary. Would be much nicer to hear " the Jets vs the Brooklyn Beats" instead of "the Jets vs the home team" .

I don't know how many of you remember the custom jerseys from the old relocate option on Xbox/PS2 versions but IMO they always looked much worse than the others.

# 189 ConorAndrich2468 @ 08/07/13 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
why did they pick Chicago and Houston??? I get why for the oilers but if u move a team to either city u would have 2 pro teams from same city in the nfl??? I think they have way to many txs city's like another person said in other thread they shoulda had option for las vegas as a city to move to.
I agree. Las Vegas is a good choice. I think that also if you move a team somewhere else, you should be able to move another team to the city you moved away from.

# 190 Gorilla Glass @ 08/07/13 06:33 PM
I wish there were an option to return the Redskins back to DC.

RFK use to rock.

# 191 TreyDobbs @ 08/09/13 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Unfortunately I do think the decent names are limited to half of the names provided. Let me list off the names from each city that I think work (because I'm bored):
Austin Desperados
Brooklyn Beats
Brooklyn Dodgers
Chicago Blues
Chicago Tigers
Columbus Aviaters
Dublin Shamrocks
Houston Gunners
Houston Oilers
London Black Knights
London Monarchs
Los Angeles Aftershock
Los Angeles Dreams
Memphis Steamers
Mexico City Diablos
Oklahoma City Bisons
Oklahoma City Night Hawks
Orlando Sentinels
Portland Lumberjacks
Portland Snowhawks
Sacramento Redwoods
Salt Lake City Pioneers
San Antonio Express
San Antonio Marshalls
Toronto Thunderbirds
So that's twenty-five names out of the fifty provided. And you could actually take away from that if you consider the fact that the Oilers, Monarchs, Dodgers and Desperados were already in use by another Professional team. And I will say that many of the names (if not most) seem like they'd fit an Arena Football Team (Desperados was an Arena Team) more than they would an NFL team.

But even with all of that said, I do think they've done a good job with the mode from what I've seen so far. And I love the fact that Nike has already made Uniforms for all of the teams. I definitely wouldn't mind rolling with some of the names they provided.
So can I move a team to Memphis, name them the Memphis Steamers, then move to team to Cleveland a few years later and keep them the name Steamers?

# 192 BoomerSooner11 @ 08/09/13 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
So can I move a team to Memphis, name them the Memphis Steamers, then move to team to Cleveland a few years later and keep them the name Steamers?

# 193 Liam @ 08/09/13 11:38 AM
Its pretty garabge that cant even make a Uniform to your team after you relocate. They give you 3 options of a color scheme and thats it. Thats garbage

You would think that with relocation teams you would be able to create your own uniforms like you could on Madden 12 with create a team

Disappointing

# 194 jpdavis82 @ 08/09/13 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Its pretty garabge that cant even make a Uniform to your team after you relocate. They give you 3 options of a color scheme and thats it. Thats garbage

You would think that with relocation teams you would be able to create your own uniforms like you could on Madden 12 with create a team

Disappointing
I'd rather have it that way then see people make teams with crazy and unrealistic color schemes. They are trying to keep relocation names and colors similar to the way it works in the real NFL. I like the way they are doing it. I would like more color scheme options, but only if they make sense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.