Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Most of the cities you can move to in Madden NFL 25 Owner Mode were listed a couple of days ago. The Score received the full list of all 17 cities, including market size, fan personality and fan interest.
  • London, England
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Mexico City, Mexico
  • Toronto, Canada
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Brooklyn, New York
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Sacramento, California
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Houston, Texas
Source - Madden 25 lets you to relocate your franchise to these 17 cities (The Score)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Dbrentonbuck @ 06/01/13 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Instead of continuing a back and forth why not just post the link to end the discussion.
I don't think the CPU will ever move either, but I wonder if you take over a team, move them, if you can then resign from that team if the cpu will take them over again. I know theoretically you could start an online franchise, have your buddy take control of a team, move them, then resign and that team would go back to cpu control right?

# 142 moylan1234 @ 06/03/13 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmcfly
I just threw up in my mouth a little. some of those names are just ridiculous I new EA would mess this up. oh well maybe next year again for me.

# 143 wildthing2022000 @ 06/03/13 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Apparently, the third name for OKC was something to do with tornadoes (I'm guessing Twisters) and EA felt like with the recent actual tornadoes in OK, they didn't want to upset anyone there.

I actually like the way they did this. Some of you guys are making it out like this stuff was just chosen at random. These cities were chosen because they are places that the NFL sees as viable options in the future. The names are actual names that either have been pitched or are the kinds of names that would be likely to be pitched after research. It is much more close to what actually happens than if as an owner you pick your own city, your own name, your own uniform. That doesn't happen. The NFL, the city, state, and investors have a lot of input into these decisions. If you are Bill Gates, with all the money in the world, you can't just buy a team move them where you want and call them the Fighting Gateses and dress them in Microsoft uniforms. The NFL has to approve the city, name and uniform. Nike has to design the uniform. The city has to allow you to move there. Its a complicated process and I like how EA is representing it here.
Found a good list of proposed expansion cities throughout the years, so yes a majority of them were researched upon.

http://www.footballgeography.com/?p=448

The only ones that weren't even sniffed at was Dublin and Houston. Houston was just so they can add the Oilers.

I would like to see them add 13-15 cities for 15 along with the option of going back to the city after a set amount of time (5-10 seasons) and using the former name if it's not currently in use like in the NHL where Winnipeg after getting a team back after 15 years and kept the same name they had the first time around.

Example, I move Jacksonville to Houston and change the name to the Oilers in 2014 then once 2019 or 2024 comes along Jacksonville should be available as a relocation destination along with using the Jaguars name besides 2 other name candidates. What else would be neat is to have the option of either using the city or the state in the team's name.

# 144 DeuceDouglas @ 06/03/13 09:02 AM
I wonder if they would ever look at expansion as something that could be part of a CFM in the future. I think it could be an interesting scenario with some potential but I think that would be a ways away. It could definitely add a interesting dynamic where your league expands to, say, 36 teams and shifts into an 18 game schedule with three, six team divisions. That would be something that would be crazy but, again, far down the list.

# 145 tfctillidie @ 06/03/13 09:58 AM
How about they start showing us what the logos/teams look like?

# 146 marktwain77 @ 06/03/13 01:55 PM
I'm not sure how possible this is, but could EA offer DLC packs of more cities and/or team names/uniforms for relocation?

They did add in the AFL DLC pack a couple years ago, which had stadiums and uniforms, so it doesn't seem impossible.

# 147 NDAlum @ 06/03/13 02:22 PM
Super excited to have the team names public...

Not so excited about the team names. I'm sure it was VERY difficult to come up with 50 team names...but man some don't really roll off the tongue very well.

San Antonio Dreadnoughts...had to wiki lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

I see the history and why it's associated with a TX team...but man it just isn't a sexy name.

# 148 MrSerendipity @ 06/03/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I actually like the way they did this. Some of you guys are making it out like this stuff was just chosen at random. These cities were chosen because they are places that the NFL sees as viable options in the future. The names are actual names that either have been pitched or are the kinds of names that would be likely to be pitched after research. It is much more close to what actually happens than if as an owner you pick your own city, your own name, your own uniform. That doesn't happen. The NFL, the city, state, and investors have a lot of input into these decisions. If you are Bill Gates, with all the money in the world, you can't just buy a team move them where you want and call them the Fighting Gateses and dress them in Microsoft uniforms. The NFL has to approve the city, name and uniform. Nike has to design the uniform. The city has to allow you to move there. Its a complicated process and I like how EA is representing it here.
I couldn't agree more. I actually like the fact that while it gives you some creative freedom in moving to a different place with a different logo and different uniform, it’s still mandated that the NFL approves it. That is realistic and I think it’s a good fit for the game. While I think I would've liked a teambuilder design more, I can respect the decision they made on this. I’m interested to see what the stadiums look like and if there will be a background native to that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
i know texas is huge but really 3 of the 17 teams can go to texas? not to mention theres already 2 teams in texas as of now. im not actually mad i guess just wish there were more places that dont have teams now that you could move a team to play.
Being from Texas, I have to agree. I think Houston and San Antonio both should’ve been excluded and they could have left it with Austin. With that said, you don’t have a problem with them putting in California and Florida cities that both already have three teams each?

And finally, I must be overly-Irish. Because I got a little bit giddy when I saw that I could not only move a team to Dublin, Ireland (A gorgeous city with amazing sports fans) but also be able to call them the Shamrocks and have an official Logo with Nike Uniforms.

# 149 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I just threw up in my mouth a little. some of those names are just ridiculous I new EA would mess this up. oh well maybe next year again for me.
So just move the team and keep their name as it is, problem solved no?

I have no problem with most of the names, but the Austin Bats? That would never fly(no pun intended), but then again there's the New Orleans Pelicans.

# 150 MrSerendipity @ 06/03/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They can't because at some point in time, EA came up with that name as well.

Kidding. But seriously, I don't think the names are that bad. Sure there are some that I would never use. But I also recognize that my taste in names/logo/design may not be the same as others. I love the Texas Rangers uniforms but most find them mediocre at best. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
I have no problem with most of the names, but the Austin Bats? That would never fly, but then again there's the New Orleans Pelicans.
There is a reason that they used the name Bats with Austin. It's actually a very popular thing to see when you're down in Austin. It's almost like clock work each night around sunset when tons (And I mean tons) of Bats will take flight from underneath the Congress Avenue bridge and fly through Downtown Austin. It's almost a tourist attraction of sorts these days. That is likely why they decided to use that name. With that said, I can understand why it doesn't exactly strike fear in the opposition. But what do I know, I didn't think the Dublin Celtic Tigers were as bad as people are making it out to be. Then again, I'm Irish and from Texas...so maybe I just defend what I love too much. Lol

# 151 Gosens6 @ 06/03/13 05:30 PM
Quote:

I have no problem with most of the names, but the Austin Bats? That would never fly(no pun intended), but then again there's the New Orleans Pelicans.
The Pelican is the state bird of Louisiana .. So it actually makes a lot of sense.

# 152 DeuceDouglas @ 06/03/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The Pelican is the state bird of Louisiana .. So it actually makes a lot of sense.
It's also the name of New Orleans' current NBA franchise. No bueno.

# 153 MrSerendipity @ 06/03/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's also the name of New Orleans' current NBA franchise. No bueno.
Eh, it is what it is. For some reason, we all think that team names have to be intimidating and manly these days. But what is manly or intimidating about the following team names:

Yankees
Red Sox
White Sox
Saints
Packers
Dolphins

I mean I wouldn't want the Mavericks to make a switch over to the Hummingbirds but I guess if it's relevant to the State and wins on the field/court, it doesn't really matter.

# 154 live to die54 @ 06/03/13 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
I couldn't agree more. I actually like the fact that while it gives you some creative freedom in moving to a different place with a different logo and different uniform, it’s still mandated that the NFL approves it. That is realistic and I think it’s a good fit for the game. While I think I would've liked a teambuilder design more, I can respect the decision they made on this. I’m interested to see what the stadiums look like and if there will be a background native to that area.

Being from Texas, I have to agree. I think Houston and San Antonio both should’ve been excluded and they could have left it with Austin. With that said, you don’t have a problem with them putting in California and Florida cities that both already have three teams each?

And finally, I must be overly-Irish. Because I got a little bit giddy when I saw that I could not only move a team to Dublin, Ireland (A gorgeous city with amazing sports fans) but also be able to call them the Shamrocks and have an official Logo with Nike Uniforms.
honestly i didnt even realize that they were putting more teams in those states. i saw the post about moving the oilers back to houston and focused mainly on that. i do wish that CA and FL were excluded from where you can move teams. only thing im partial about is LA was excluded just for the fact that it looks almost guaranteed to get the next NFL team.

# 155 MrSerendipity @ 06/03/13 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
honestly i didnt even realize that they were putting more teams in those states. i saw the post about moving the oilers back to houston and focused mainly on that. i do wish that CA and FL were excluded from where you can move teams. only thing im partial about is LA was excluded just for the fact that it looks almost guaranteed to get the next NFL team.
Oh I agree, Los Angeles definitely had to be included. I don't think they should have included Orlando when one of the most rumored teams to leave over the last few years (Until New Ownership) is from the same State (Jaguars). Personally, I think they should have included Albuquerque (NM) and Mobile (AL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I do know that Dolphins partake in s3xual gang bangs and commit acts of rape; that is rather scary if you ask me.
Good point. The Dolphin has a lot more street cred than I give it credit for.

# 156 moylan1234 @ 06/04/13 03:35 PM
Quote:

for some teams that works Rams, Raiders others who need a complete rebranding not so much.

For me it's not about an intimidating name its about one that sounds good/authentic to my ears. All the names on MrSerendipity's list pass the ear test way over half of EA's list fails it miserably and with the commentary we'll hear those terrible names over and over again.

but again no hate on the mode it will be useful for getting former teams back, but that seems about it no creativity and I guess the whole Nike uniform thing was made up so fingers crossed that at least the classic uniforms are done right.

# 157 MrSerendipity @ 06/04/13 03:58 PM
Unfortunately I do think the decent names are limited to half of the names provided. Let me list off the names from each city that I think work (because I'm bored):
Austin Desperados
Brooklyn Beats
Brooklyn Dodgers
Chicago Blues
Chicago Tigers
Columbus Aviaters
Dublin Shamrocks
Houston Gunners
Houston Oilers
London Black Knights
London Monarchs
Los Angeles Aftershock
Los Angeles Dreams
Memphis Steamers
Mexico City Diablos
Oklahoma City Bisons
Oklahoma City Night Hawks
Orlando Sentinels
Portland Lumberjacks
Portland Snowhawks
Sacramento Redwoods
Salt Lake City Pioneers
San Antonio Express
San Antonio Marshalls
Toronto Thunderbirds
So that's twenty-five names out of the fifty provided. And you could actually take away from that if you consider the fact that the Oilers, Monarchs, Dodgers and Desperados were already in use by another Professional team. And I will say that many of the names (if not most) seem like they'd fit an Arena Football Team (Desperados was an Arena Team) more than they would an NFL team.

But even with all of that said, I do think they've done a good job with the mode from what I've seen so far. And I love the fact that Nike has already made Uniforms for all of the teams. I definitely wouldn't mind rolling with some of the names they provided.

# 158 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
for some teams that works Rams, Raiders others who need a complete rebranding not so much.

For me it's not about an intimidating name its about one that sounds good/authentic to my ears. All the names on MrSerendipity's list pass the ear test way over half of EA's list fails it miserably and with the commentary we'll hear those terrible names over and over again.

but again no hate on the mode it will be useful for getting former teams back, but that seems about it no creativity and I guess the whole Nike uniform thing was made up so fingers crossed that at least the classic uniforms are done right.
Nike did work with them on the uniforms for the relocated teams.

# 159 tfctillidie @ 06/04/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Nike did work with them on the uniforms for the relocated teams.
Where did you see this?

I saw in Shopmasters blog that there was 3 jersey options THEY designed for the teams, with a possible Nike Pro Combat option as a 4th but that was unconfirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopmaster
Again it would be great if we got to customize our own uniforms but instead we have to choose between 3 styles. (Note, again these assets were not available for us to look at in early May.) The 3 styles include Classic, Modern, and Traditional. Each style has tweets from fans and their opinion of the uniforms as well as a popularity poll for each style. It was mentioned to us that a Nike Pro Combat Uniform might make it into the selection.

# 160 MrSerendipity @ 06/04/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Where did you see this?

I saw in Shopmasters blog that there was 3 jersey options THEY designed for the teams, with a possible Nike Pro Combat option as a 4th but that was unconfirmed.
Good find. I just found where Kane said that Nike in fact did not work with Madden on the new uniforms. He seems to know his stuff so I'm not going to discredit his input. However, you'd think that Nike would refute comments being made about them working with EA on this and they haven't (yet).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.