Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Gamekult has posted some new NBA 2K14 gameplay videos featuring the Euroleague. (Link #1, Link #2, Link #3) Some users are having problems getting the videos to play. VNI has uploaded them to Youtube and embedded them below.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 JerzeyReign @ 08/22/13 04:27 AM
After being stationed and just coming back from Germany I can honestly say the atmosphere is all wrong for European basketball. Euro games sound just like the futbol games with the chants and overall sounds. That alone really will keep me away from playing with these teams. You can't half step on something like this - its like making a NCAABB game and putting a March Madness game in a half empty high school gym.

Other than that I seen some goodness in this video. Skimming through I see a lot of people complaining (which I sadly expected before even clicking) but it isn't that bad - especially at the end of a gen.

# 182 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
I already got this game.. its called 2k13
Yeah. And for me the question is that:

the battle between Nba 2K14 and Nba Live 14 in on the next-gen court, 'cause Live 14 is only on next gen. In the current gen there's no battle, so the people who stay with current gen has only a choice, pick NBA 2k14. To win the battle 2K vs Live on the next-gen, you have to direct the major forces to the next-gen court.

This Nba 2K14 seems a Nba 2K13 patched very well, with some improvents just to make it a little better. I'm disappointed about that, because the improvements are minimal and do not justify spending € 60 for me. The graphics are the same, 95-98% of the movements are the same, the audience is the same, the comment is the same, the shots of the cameras are the same. Where is the effort to make NBA 2K14 much better than 2K13? For 2K13 I have willingly spent 60 Euros because I've seen incredibile improvements over 2K12, especially in the fluidity and variety of the movements of the players. But here? It 'been corrected the gameplay? And then let me pay only for the gameplay for current-gen!

# 183 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
After being stationed and just coming back from Germany I can honestly say the atmosphere is all wrong for European basketball. Euro games sound just like the futbol games with the chants and overall sounds. That alone really will keep me away from playing with these teams. You can't half step on something like this - its like making a NCAABB game and putting a March Madness game in a half empty high school gym.

Other than that I seen some goodness in this video. Skimming through I see a lot of people complaining (which I sadly expected before even clicking) but it isn't that bad - especially at the end of a gen.
That's true, and it's seem incedibile. How can you sign a multi-contract with Euroleague and then make something like this? You can't make euro-games without the euro-atmosphere! How it's possibile that in 2K nobody kwows this?
In Nba game the fans are not necessary, they repeat D-Fense D-Fense and stop, but in eurogames are crucial for the atmosphere! And what his the music during the game? in Europe there is any music-choirs during the game!

The other question is that when last year where revealed the first 2K13 gameplay a lot of people (me too) says AMAZING! INCREDIBILE! WHAT A MOVEMENTS! and something like this. overreaction, but still explaining all the trepidation of the moment.
Here I just read phrases like "not bad". If "Amazing" then turns into a good game when you have the game in your hands, a "not bad" in what turns?

# 184 Dazraz @ 08/22/13 04:49 AM
Similar with what 2K did with the inclusion of the D-League in previous versions the Euroleague is just an add-on to the main package. It may appeal to some fans of those teams included but most will leave this alone.

# 185 MarvinOida @ 08/22/13 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
The other question is that when last year where revealed the first 2K13 gameplay a lot of people (me too) says AMAZING! INCREDIBILE! WHAT A MOVEMENTS! and something like this. overreaction, but still explaining all the trepidation of the moment.
Here I just read phrases like "not bad". If "Amazing" then turns into a good game when you have the game in your hands, a "not bad" in what turns?
Everyone at the time hated 2K12. That's why people would say "Amazing" for a 2K12 to 2K13, vs. "not bad for the last current gen" for 2K13 to 2K14.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone - now Free

# 186 Goffs @ 08/22/13 05:34 AM
Quote:
There's no space on the disc for Euroleague atmosphere choirs?
So, create space!

Can you tell me how many different videos of Jay-Z there are in 2K13?? You can find the space for that Jay-Z videos and you can't find the space on the disc for Euroleague audio choirs?!? Absurd.
The videos where compressed compared to high quality sounds that 2k uses. So theres your answer....

Here's something else to think about....one of the weakest things about 2k is the crowd noise and you expect them to get that kind of quality crowd noise for a Euro team? It's not going to happen this year or even next....unfortunately.

NBA Live 10 IMO still has the best crowd noise and I have been asking for something of that quality for 2k since then. There are just too many quiet moments when a big play happens on 2k. I don't know if its a bug but the crowd stops reacting at a big play has been happening since 2k11! I've pointed this out (and many others as well) and put it on the bugs thread....maybe I should put it on the wishlist thread instead then maybe it will finally be fixed.

EDIT: I'm listening to Live 10 on youtube while typing this...still the best sounding crowd noise. The best part about that game as well was that you can CHOOSE the type of crowd noise to play in during an exhibition game. If you wanted a playoff crowd you have that option to play in....

# 187 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
The videos where compressed compared to high quality sounds that 2k uses. So theres your answer....

Here's something else to think about....one of the weakest things about 2k is the crowd noise and you expect them to get that kind of quality crowd noise for a Euro team? It's not going to happen this year or even next....unfortunately.

NBA Live 10 IMO still has the best crowd noise and I have been asking for something of that quality for 2k since then. There are just too many quiet moments when a big play happens on 2k. I don't know if its a bug but when the crowd stops reacting at a big play has been happening since 2k11.

EDIT: I'm listening to Live 10 on youtube while typing this...still the best sounding crowd noise. The best part about that game as well was that you can CHOOSE the type of crowd noise to play in during an exhibition game. If you wanted a playoff crowd you have that option to play in....
And if EA could do a great sound noise with Nba Live 10, 2K couldnt do the same with 2K14? Come on...

# 188 Goffs @ 08/22/13 05:56 AM
Quote:
And if EA could do a great sound noise with Nba Live 10, 2K couldnt do the same with 2K14? Come on...
Are you just trying to get into an argument? 2k14 sounds the same to me and I said I agree with you about the lack of Euro league crowd noise BUT its not going to happen in 2k since crowd noise is one of the weakest part of the game (imo).

READ my comment again about how 2k still can't get the quality crowd noise on par with Live 10 and you expect the Euro League crowd noise to be in the game?

2k is not EA when it comes to crowd noise....I can't make it simpler than that....

# 189 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 06:00 AM
Quote:
Are you just trying to get into an argument? 2k14 sounds the same to me and I said I agree with you about the lack of Euro league crowd noise BUT its not going to happen in 2k since crowd noise is one of the weakest part of the game (imo).

READ my comment again about how 2k still can't get the quality crowd noise on par with Live 10 and you expect the Euro League crowd noise to be in the game?

2k is not EA when it comes to crowd noise....I can't make it simpler than that....
Ok, and so 2K has not the ability to improve the crowd noise?

# 190 Goffs @ 08/22/13 06:07 AM
Quote:
Ok, and so 2K has not the ability to improve the crowd noise?
I think they have the ability but for now its still a bit off to me. I and many others are still waiting for the PLAYOFF crowd noise to show up in the game. They still don't have that and every game you play sounds the same.

I would love the Euro crowd but if 2k can't get the crowd noise correctly for the regular NBA games...I'm not expecting to hear the Euro crowd noise anytime soon and it sucks.

# 191 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/22/13 06:29 AM
Quote:
I think they have the ability but for now its still a bit off to me. I and many others are still waiting for the PLAYOFF crowd noise to show up in the game.
Wait, wait, wait... I remember playing an Online Association, finishing the regular season, and then playing my first post-season game, and my crowd was HYPED from the start. Way more than during a regular season. Same color shirts throughout the stands and a "DEFENSE!" chant that had to hit 100 decibels as soon as the other team won the tip.

# 192 Goffs @ 08/22/13 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Wait, wait, wait... I remember playing an Online Association, finishing the regular season, and then playing my first post-season game, and my crowd was HYPED from the start. Way more than during a regular season. Same color shirts throughout the stands and a "DEFENSE!" chant that had to hit 100 decibels as soon as the other team won the tip.
First half of the game sounds great but something happens in the second half where the crowds just don't react at all to whats going on on the court. It's a weird bug that's been around for awhile now...

# 193 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 06:55 AM
Quote:
First half of the game sounds great but something happens in the second half where the crowds just don't react at all to whats going on on the court. It's a weird bug that's been around for awhile now...
At this point 2K has to show a 10 minutes gameplay to read our comments and repair as soon as it possibile at this things that are wrong. The best beta-tester is the moltitude of fans and one thing is Nba 2K14 actually leave us with a lot of doubts.

# 194 Vni @ 08/22/13 06:58 AM
Lol repair what? You should talk in your own name too because I don't feel that concerned by what you say.

# 195 mauro78 @ 08/22/13 07:00 AM
Quote:
Yeah. And for me the question is that:

the battle between Nba 2K14 and Nba Live 14 in on the next-gen court, 'cause Live 14 is only on next gen. In the current gen there's no battle, so the people who stay with current gen has only a choice, pick NBA 2k14. To win the battle 2K vs Live on the next-gen, you have to direct the major forces to the next-gen court.

This Nba 2K14 seems a Nba 2K13 patched very well, with some improvents just to make it a little better. I'm disappointed about that, because the improvements are minimal and do not justify spending € 60 for me. The graphics are the same, 95-98% of the movements are the same, the audience is the same, the comment is the same, the shots of the cameras are the same. Where is the effort to make NBA 2K14 much better than 2K13? For 2K13 I have willingly spent 60 Euros because I've seen incredibile improvements over 2K12, especially in the fluidity and variety of the movements of the players. But here? It 'been corrected the gameplay? And then let me pay only for the gameplay for current-gen!
95-98 % of the movements...
Can you please explain that? How can you say that?

I saw a lot of new anim like:
Bring up anim's
On paint contested shot
Layup anim's

They stated that game has around 3000 new anim's so I'm just curious how you can say 98% are the same...please light up us on that...

# 196 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Lol repair what? You should talk in your own name too because I don't feel that concerned by what you say.
Ok, i quit. The game is perfect, it's amazing! INSANE! INCREDIBLE! NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

# 197 Vni @ 08/22/13 07:03 AM
You like to use hyperboles don't you?

The game release in 5 weeks. Relax. I don't see what 2K has to repair though. I haven't seen no Jesus Bynum in any vids so far.

# 198 grodbetatted @ 08/22/13 07:38 AM
I personally saw very minimal changes... Yes I saw some improvements but also saw a lot of the same stuff... That slow alleyoop that was brought over by mike Wang from nba live 10.. that quirky animation when you pass the ball behind you (they do like an over the head pass that warps into the other players hand). I'm not expecting a next gen experience, but when making improvements fix the obvious flaws as well.. it looked like nba 2k13 sent out a patch

# 199 Barbatrucco @ 08/22/13 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I personally saw very minimal changes... Yes I saw some improvements but also saw a lot of the same stuff... That slow alleyoop that was brought over by mike Wang from nba live 10.. that quirky animation when you pass the ball behind you (they do like an over the head pass that warps into the other players hand). I'm not expecting a next gen experience, but when making improvements fix the obvious flaws as well.. it looked like nba 2k13 sent out a patch
that's right. The two-handed pass over the head is orrible as the innatural slow alley-hoop with one hand slam. They say that the game was more smooth, but is more smooth my patched Nba 2K13 than this. Some euro-players shots seems like those of Nba Live 08...
I this videos i dont see any new anymations or something like that, only little improvments in something gameplay, but it couldn't be enough to spend 60 euros

# 200 grodbetatted @ 08/22/13 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
95-98 % of the movements...
Can you please explain that? How can you say that?

I saw a lot of new anim like:
Bring up anim's
On paint contested shot
Layup anim's

They stated that game has around 3000 new anim's so I'm just curious how you can say 98% are the same...please light up us on that...
Well Idk because a few years ago 2k stated they had like 60,000 animation and I'm assuming he meant that they only have added to that number of animations.. meaning that 3000 number is very minimal compared to all the old quirky animations

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.