Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

November 15 can’t get here soon enough. Next-gen NBA 2K14 is one of the most highly-anticipated games I’ve ever been dying to get my hands on. But technically October 1 is our first taste of 2K14, and we just got a new current-gen trailer to show you. Let’s check out the new trailer together for the first time.

00:13 – I promise (to win not one, not two, not three…).
00:15 – Welcome back, King.
00:21 – Enter the NBA2K14 official logo followed by LeBron breaking away from the Clippers and enjoying one of his signature slams. Looks a tad bit smoother than NBA2K13. Nice flick of the wrist when he puts it down.
00:23 – And now LeBron is celebrating in front of Russell Westbrook. Welcome back from your injury, Russell!
00:24 – And who is the next player showcased in the trailer?! Terrance Ross from the Toronto Raptors! Yes, the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion rightfully deserves the showcase before the likes of Durant, Kobe, Dwight or James Harden.
00:26 – Oh, there you are Mr. Harden. Nice, quick pull-up jumper over Iman Shumpert as the shot clock expires. Followed by his signature three-ball celebration. I spot a certain cry baby center in the background…
00:30 – Nice! Rondo looks absolutely awesome in this shot. So does Brad Stevens. I can’t tell who’s more excited – and enter KELLY OLYNYK and his awkward-awesome-gazelle looking self. I’m more excited. Did I mention Westbrook is getting beat in this shot, too? Zombies getting some hate.
00:35 – So that’s why the Bobcats are paying him $41 million over the next three years.
00:36 – Rubio is back! That was a heckuva pass to Budinger in the corner. Now rewind, set in slow motion, and watch at Rubio’s eyes. He’s actually looking at Budinger before he passes it, even with all of his momentum moving forward. HE’S LOOKING AT HIM.
00:38 – Awesome dunk, but that doesn’t really look much like Blake Griffin. Nice to see a Valanciunas model, though.
00:40 – Ladies and gentleman, your new-look Nets. And another OLYNYK SIGHTING!
00:46 – It only took half the trailer, but here’s your first look at Dwight in Houston. Pau is attempting to block the dunk crazy late.
00:52 – And here we have Ken Bazemore with some sick sideline celebrations after an Iguodala dunk. I’m diggin’ it.
00:53 – Look at the new Piston Josh Smith fly! Very nice block on Granger. Very nice.
00:57 – Another nice block. This time, Howard on top of Curry.
01:00 – Jerryd Bayless makes a nice diving save to keep possession, even shows a close-up. Then of course the ref makes the wrong call, leaving Bayless vividly upset. Nice touch.
01:05 – Welcome to the NBA, Anthony Bennett. He’s showing off some damn good ball handling skills.
01:09 – Is it just me, or does the entire Cavs team quit pursuing Lee before he actually dunks the ball?
01:11 – OLYNYK!
01:13 – OK, now that looks a lot more like Griffin.
01:14 – And as in real life, it took way too long for Derrick Rose to show up. Can’t wait to see him finally play ball.
01:18 – Kobe with a sick fadeaway over Eric Bledsoe in the new Phoenix jerseys. The jerseys may not look like much, but the back sides in the trailed look pretty cool to me.
01:26 – C’mon, that almost looks real.
01:30 – Hell yeah.

We have also uploaded 92 screens from the trailer which you can view here.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 01:29 PM
If there's one thing I have to say about trailers like this, it shows me the Art, and so basically, fix the Knicks jerseys and reds of jerseys its literally an eyesore. And hopefully we can stack accessories to recreate longer hex pads for people like D-Wade, D-Rose, and Amer'e.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 22 Goffs @ 08/28/13 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Flat-top!

Normally I'm not one to complain about colors but that blue is off....

# 23 Steve_OS @ 08/28/13 01:29 PM
Added 92 images from the trailer to the OP.

# 24 infam0us @ 08/28/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueHooperAIO
Looks like 2k got the Anta shoe license
They also have Peak.

# 25 EarvGotti @ 08/28/13 01:32 PM
I like the trailer. People shouldn't even expect a graphical change on current-gen. This is the last current-gen game for the year for pete's sake. What do you expect them to change graphically?

# 26 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
They also have Peak.
But no Li-Ning... Ehh. Anta has the closest logo and hopefully the shoe creator is better, cause WoWs are pretty sick. But great! We have Peak, JaVale McGee!

# 27 Goffs @ 08/28/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
You can see a sweet, and previously in 2K, 360° lay-up, nice step through move and a host of new animations in last year's game? Everyone wants to see next-gen, in particular to see improved or changed cyberfaces, but 2K still has to sell the current-gen version which has a much bigger install base. We'll get next-gen info in do time...

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
As the day progresses we're going to see the same complaints about it looking the same (duh no surprise there) and buggin for next gen footage.....

What's worse is if 2k didn't bother showing that next gen teaser with Bronbron people will be complaining about having no footage at all.....talk about a lose lose situation....

# 28 SPRINGS03 @ 08/28/13 01:39 PM
Trailer was, meh. Not really impressed, same old same old. But i just wanna know if rebounding, passing, AI, and ball physics have made improvements.

# 29 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I like the trailer. People shouldn't even expect a graphical change on current-gen. This is the last current-gen game for the year for pete's sake. What do you expect them to change graphically?
-Edit the Knicks, Bulls, and any Black jersey to make them darker
-Change the Hex Color codes of teams with red, blue, and green (too light)
-Re-add stackable accessories

You know, the simple editing stuff, not a complete new graphics engine, but at least take time and just edit some of the art in game to make some things not as light. Maybe even port some PC patches and convert that to 2K14 if there are changes to the file structure (highly doubt it for art)

# 30 detriotpistonfan @ 08/28/13 01:45 PM
No KD or Dwade in the trailer?

# 31 Goffs @ 08/28/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida

You know, the simple editing stuff, not a complete new graphics engine, but at least take time and just edit some of the art in game to make some things not as light. Maybe even port some PC patches and convert that to 2K14 if there are changes to the file structure (highly doubt it for art)

I agree with the art part that it should be on par with the PC mods but people act like they are expecting a total overhaul of the graphics.

# 32 black_mamba24 @ 08/28/13 01:50 PM
I'm wondering if this is just a marketing thing by the NBA or if we'll have Game Time shows during Association/MyCareer talking about our team/our player. That would be sweet.

# 33 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I agree with the art part that it should be on par with the PC mods but people act like they are expecting a total overhaul of the graphics.
Yeah, people think that this crap should be on ENB series-like globals, Im just saying just take the iff files of PC mods and just overwrite them to the game. It can't be that hard right?

# 34 TalenT @ 08/28/13 01:53 PM
Pretty impressive trailer. I liked what I saw with the exception of the multiple blind lay-ups. And I'm not trying to be negative at all, just stating my opinion, but these sizzle trailers don't get me excited anymore. Hell, last years game had pretty animations. I KNOW 2K has the flash. I'm more excited to see gameplay. Still...nice trailer.

# 35 VDusen04 @ 08/28/13 01:56 PM
Quote:

You know, the simple editing stuff, not a complete new graphics engine, but at least take time and just edit some of the art in game to make some things not as light. Maybe even port some PC patches and convert that to 2K14 if there are changes to the file structure (highly doubt it for art).
Right on. The gameplay stuff looks cool and if certain aspects have been altered positively (as it appears they have), I'm thinking I could really enjoy 2K14.

That said, the trailer still didn't drive me wild, and it has very little to do with the lack of concrete graphical upgrade. It's kind of a bummer that any displeasure with the way this game is shaping up is quickly retorted with "What do you even expect them to do on a current generation platform?" as if 2K's been working off an NES this past year.

My question, as an NBA fan (non-MyTeam, Crew, fantasy player): what is 2K really bringing to the table this year aside from blocked dunks, trick passing, and an improved dribble stick? I understand there's a long list of gameplay improvements, but do the likes of "more animations", "smart playcall", and "expanded defensive commands" hold a ton of weight at this point? I'm not so sure.

Maybe I just want to be surprised by some new, small little things - like correct accessory colors or each player having the correct long term hair cut (not just some big time guys) so Iman Shumpert can look legit and so can Jerryd Bayless. It'd even be kind of cool to see the general accessories applied correctly to each player (not the ones who change accessories every game, but the ones who've had the same gear for a few years now - like the aforementioned Rod Stuckey).

I don't really hold any of the above seriously against 2K since they're small things. It's just, like I said, those types of improvements (as well as in other departments) would have been a pleasant surprise without necessarily needing the next generation to make it happen. More than actual artistic graphics, it's those types of things that can make a game feel a little stagnant from one year to the next.

# 36 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Right on. The gameplay stuff looks cool and if certain aspects have been altered positively (as it appears they have), I'm thinking I could really enjoy 2K14.

That said, the trailer still didn't drive me wild, and it has very little to do with the lack of concrete graphical upgrade. It's kind of a bummer that any displeasure with the way this game is shaping up is quickly retorted with "What do you even expect them to do on a current generation platform?" as if 2K's been working off an NES this past year.

My question, as an NBA fan (non-MyTeam, Crew, fantasy player): what is 2K bringing really bringing to the table this year aside from blocked dunks, trick passing, and an improved dribble stick? I understand there's a long list of gameplay improvements, but do the likes of "more animations", "smart playcall", and "expanded defensive commands" hold a ton of weight at this point? I'm not so sure.

Maybe I just want to be surprised by some new, small little things - like correct accessory colors or each player having the correct long term hair cut (not just some big time guys) so Iman Shumpert can look legit and so can Jerryd Bayless. It'd even be kind of cool to see the general accessories applied correctly to each player (not the ones who change accessories every game, but the ones who've had the same gear for a few years now - like the aforementioned Rod Stuckey).

I don't really hold any of the above seriously against 2K since they're small things. It's just, like I said, those types of improvements (as well as in other departments) would have been a pleasant surprise without necessarily needing the next generation to make it happen. More than actual artistic graphics, it's those types of things that can make a game feel a little stagnant from one year to the next.
Yeah, as for colors, I have to manually set it for 2K and just 2K. Just to get darker colors. I want 2K to nail little things like colors too.

# 37 cthurt @ 08/28/13 02:06 PM
Quote:
Yeah, as for colors, I have to manually set it for 2K and just 2K. Just to get darker colors. I want 2K to nail little things like colors too.

I still havent found a good color set for my tv for 2k13 that im happy with, didnt have this problem on 2k12 as much tho.

# 38 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I still havent found a good color set for my tv for 2k13 that im happy with, didnt have this problem on 2k12 as much tho.
Well, luckily for me, I had to just lower brightness, adjust tint, and replace the Knicks jerseys. Only thing I can't fix is the Black problem, sometimes I still see dark gray. But powder blues and pink are mainly gone.

# 39 cthurt @ 08/28/13 02:13 PM
Quote:
Well, luckily for me, I had to just lower brightness, adjust tint, and replace the Knicks jerseys. Only thing I can't fix is the Black problem, sometimes I still see dark gray. But powder blues and pink are mainly gone.

What did you replace the Knicks jersey with??

# 40 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
What did you replace the Knicks jersey with??
The 1970s classic teams. I manually used RED MC to replace it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.