Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

November 15 can’t get here soon enough. Next-gen NBA 2K14 is one of the most highly-anticipated games I’ve ever been dying to get my hands on. But technically October 1 is our first taste of 2K14, and we just got a new current-gen trailer to show you. Let’s check out the new trailer together for the first time.

00:13 – I promise (to win not one, not two, not three…).
00:15 – Welcome back, King.
00:21 – Enter the NBA2K14 official logo followed by LeBron breaking away from the Clippers and enjoying one of his signature slams. Looks a tad bit smoother than NBA2K13. Nice flick of the wrist when he puts it down.
00:23 – And now LeBron is celebrating in front of Russell Westbrook. Welcome back from your injury, Russell!
00:24 – And who is the next player showcased in the trailer?! Terrance Ross from the Toronto Raptors! Yes, the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion rightfully deserves the showcase before the likes of Durant, Kobe, Dwight or James Harden.
00:26 – Oh, there you are Mr. Harden. Nice, quick pull-up jumper over Iman Shumpert as the shot clock expires. Followed by his signature three-ball celebration. I spot a certain cry baby center in the background…
00:30 – Nice! Rondo looks absolutely awesome in this shot. So does Brad Stevens. I can’t tell who’s more excited – and enter KELLY OLYNYK and his awkward-awesome-gazelle looking self. I’m more excited. Did I mention Westbrook is getting beat in this shot, too? Zombies getting some hate.
00:35 – So that’s why the Bobcats are paying him $41 million over the next three years.
00:36 – Rubio is back! That was a heckuva pass to Budinger in the corner. Now rewind, set in slow motion, and watch at Rubio’s eyes. He’s actually looking at Budinger before he passes it, even with all of his momentum moving forward. HE’S LOOKING AT HIM.
00:38 – Awesome dunk, but that doesn’t really look much like Blake Griffin. Nice to see a Valanciunas model, though.
00:40 – Ladies and gentleman, your new-look Nets. And another OLYNYK SIGHTING!
00:46 – It only took half the trailer, but here’s your first look at Dwight in Houston. Pau is attempting to block the dunk crazy late.
00:52 – And here we have Ken Bazemore with some sick sideline celebrations after an Iguodala dunk. I’m diggin’ it.
00:53 – Look at the new Piston Josh Smith fly! Very nice block on Granger. Very nice.
00:57 – Another nice block. This time, Howard on top of Curry.
01:00 – Jerryd Bayless makes a nice diving save to keep possession, even shows a close-up. Then of course the ref makes the wrong call, leaving Bayless vividly upset. Nice touch.
01:05 – Welcome to the NBA, Anthony Bennett. He’s showing off some damn good ball handling skills.
01:09 – Is it just me, or does the entire Cavs team quit pursuing Lee before he actually dunks the ball?
01:11 – OLYNYK!
01:13 – OK, now that looks a lot more like Griffin.
01:14 – And as in real life, it took way too long for Derrick Rose to show up. Can’t wait to see him finally play ball.
01:18 – Kobe with a sick fadeaway over Eric Bledsoe in the new Phoenix jerseys. The jerseys may not look like much, but the back sides in the trailed look pretty cool to me.
01:26 – C’mon, that almost looks real.
01:30 – Hell yeah.

We have also uploaded 92 screens from the trailer which you can view here.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DWades House @ 08/28/13 05:08 PM
Looks like NBA 2K11 ...this confirmed that im never touching my PS3 ever again, 2K has done all they can with that thing.

# 82 JJRuelz @ 08/28/13 05:17 PM
bennett's face doe it kinda has the vaden effect

# 83 Norris_Cole @ 08/28/13 05:19 PM
no Lillard's tattoos??? Come on 2k I've been waiting 1 year for this. And I hope they finally changed batum and LMA cyberfaces. Blazers always being overlooked

# 84 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
Looks like NBA 2K11 ...this confirmed that im never touching my PS3 ever again, 2K has done all they can with that thing.
I don't get this sort of opinion. What exactly are you looking for, and at? Gameplay or graphics? From what we've seen gameplay looks very improved but the graphics does not. What's the most important thing in a game for you?

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 85 m-dogg @ 08/28/13 05:23 PM
every year we watch the videos and say it looks the same, then the demo drops and we our hands on it and it feels like a completely different game. I trust 2k enough to just wait on the current gen demo to see how it is.

that being said, I wont be gettin current gen this time...waitin on the next gen release...

# 86 DWades House @ 08/28/13 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I don't get this sort of opinion. What exactly are you looking for, and at? Gameplay or graphics? From what we've seen gameplay looks very improved but the graphics does not. What's the most important thing in a game for you?

Sent using Tap a Talk
I'm not gonna go down this route with you to be honest, finished work and im tired af

I'm not a graphics whore who ignores gameplay but I have to call a spade a spade and just say that it looks outdated and stale to me. I got the same feeling when 2k6 came out on PS2. Visuals are not the end all be all, but they do enhance immersion.

I'll wait for the PS4 version, don't mind me.

# 87 thedream2k13 @ 08/28/13 05:38 PM
Damn i cant wait! Howard and Lin sighting.

PARSONS STILL LOOKS LIKE A CREATED PLAYER!!!!!!!

# 88 Vni @ 08/28/13 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
I'm not gonna go down this route with you to be honest, finished work and im tired af

I'm not a graphics whore who ignores gameplay but I have to call a spade a spade and just say that it looks outdated and stale to me. I got the same feeling when 2k6 came out on PS2. Visuals are not the end all be all, but they do enhance immersion.

I'll wait for the PS4 version, don't mind me.
that's fair, nothing wrong with that.

# 89 JJRuelz @ 08/28/13 05:46 PM
why do people expect better graphics every year? they all ready have the best graphics around

# 90 Shadojoker @ 08/28/13 05:50 PM
Love the video but it looked like 2k13.5 ....sry just hope the gameplay changes my perception

# 91 Saturnis @ 08/28/13 05:52 PM
this would have made an amazing trailer for 2k11 or 2k12. not so much now.

# 92 Angel_G @ 08/28/13 05:55 PM
It looks like they've added added the ANTA KG shoes?

# 93 Norris_Cole @ 08/28/13 05:55 PM
Are you guys serious?? Off course it looks like "2k13.5" GRAPHICALLY , the current gen is already at its limits, if you were expecting a change in graphics at this point you are (with all due respect) stupid.

The important thing at this point is gameplay and balance, and it definitely looks like they are putting work in that. I don't stop seeing new animations, a lot of more and realistic contact and basically everything is way smoother

I guess some people can't tell the difference if they don't improve the graphics dramatically. I can

# 94 piccolomair @ 08/28/13 06:03 PM
i guess my biggest gripe is that it really seems more like nba 2k13.5 as opposed to an nba 2k14 game. They just replaced the dj effect, added a new mode, and threw back crew mode (which i feel they could have done in 2k13 but they were waiting for live to offer some resistance). I DO believe that the next gen console is getting the actual 2k14 game, that it wont just be this game ported over with better graphics, but with unique features and add ons, both graphical and gameplay wise. I wanna say that it sucks, but i truly do get why they would do that. Its not like they are pulling a live and suggesting that only the next gen will get a game, they implemented a few new features (Mainly crew) to get gamers who already own a current gen system (Everybody) to buy in.

Then when they release the next gen 2k14, maybe they dont have crew mode there (at least not 5v5, probably just 3v3 which was earlier reported) but they evolve the gameplay, the animations, tweak the game modes (id bet mike wang is working more on that project than the current gen project) so that it could compete with live. What this does is allows them to almost double their profits. Most 2k players love crew, all 2k players own a current gen system, so most likely the majority of 2k buyers are gonna buy the current gen 2k game.

Then when the next gen game comes out, boasts a completely revised game, maybe some complain, but the group that was looking to buy a next gen console anyway go ahead and buy 2k14 next gen....

essentially everyone is happy-ish, and 2k profits quite a bit.

So in the end my only real gripe....WHY THE HECK CANT THEY GIVE DERRICK ROSE A LAYUP PACKAGE THAT RESEMBLES DERRICK ROSE!!!! DUDE NEVER DOES A STRAIGHT FINGER ROLL>>>EVER!!!

# 95 J_Posse @ 08/28/13 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Are you guys serious?? Off course it looks like "2k13.5" GRAPHICALLY , the current gen is already at its limits, if you were expecting a change in graphics at this point you are (with all due respect) stupid.

The important thing at this point is gameplay and balance, and it definitely looks like they are putting work in that. I don't stop seeing new animations, a lot of more and realistic contact and basically everything is way smoother

I guess some people can't tell the difference if they don't improve the graphics dramatically. I can
I agree with you, but at the same time people should be allowed to voice their opinion. As much as it gets old - and gets really, really old at this point - this community wouldn't be as strong without the (constructive) criticism. And I'm just as disheartened that they let some bad cyberfaces go untouched and didn't add/improve certain accessories.

I wonder if people were so apathic about the last version of NBA 2K (2K6) on last gen before our current consoles? Would be great to dig that old *** thread up.....

I'm sure that I'll have fun with both the current and next-gen offering. People just need to relax on both sides of the fence and let both versions releases, IMO.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 96 JJRuelz @ 08/28/13 06:08 PM
honestly the only thing im mad about at this point is that they haven't given these videos sooner...

# 97 sportzbro @ 08/28/13 06:12 PM
You're getting played hard if you really believe this NBA 2K11, 12, 13 clone is any different.

# 98 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolomair
i guess my biggest gripe is that it really seems more like nba 2k13.5 as opposed to an nba 2k14 game.
People said the same thing about 2k12, and 2k13.

Feels like I'm always defending 2k but I seriously don't see what people expect of the game and what would make them say it's looking good.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 99 daveberg @ 08/28/13 06:18 PM
I just went back and watched the trailer for NBA2K11 - much better than this.

All I see is a few blocked dunks and a few new shots/layups.

Nothing that screams 'gameplay is much improved'.

I'm not buying the hype until i've played the demo.

# 100 TalenT @ 08/28/13 06:18 PM
Wow. Can't believe how many people are writing the game off before playing even a second gameplay for themselves. I didn't know the graphics were that big of an issue. I didn't really hear anybody complaining about "how bad 2k13 looked" since it's release. Lol It's the last year of current gen before next gen comes out...what did you guys expect anyway? They've milked the console's performance I'm sure. I'll just wait to see how it plays. The graphics were a non-issue for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.