Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 uniform pack #2 is available now for $1.00, which includes parts for Louisiana Tech, LSU, Miami (OH), Oklahoma St., South Carolina and Texas Tech. It is available now for 360. We will update this post when it's ready for PS3 users.

According to The Gaming Tailgate those parts include the following.

Quote:
... new 2013 uniforms for Miami (OH), new helmets for Louisiana Tech (2013 & USA alternate), two sets of gloves for LSU, orange and black Pistol Pete helmets for Oklahoma State, and gloves for South Carolina and Texas Tech.

UPDATE: Here is everything that is included.

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 coogrfan @ 09/11/13 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Seriously dude, they add GLOVES for LSU and South Carolina. Yet they can't get Florida's new unis in the game. Gloves!! You have got to be kidding me. Due to the blatant disregard and killshot EA has done the NFUT and the refusal to add Florida's new jerseys, this game is good for nothing but draft classes and a coaster for my beer.

As a Gators fan, I am insulted. If it was Florida State, it would have been in the game from the start.
In fairness, UF doesn't have "new uni's". The only thing that has changed is the number font.

Should it be "in the game"? Yes. Is it a deal breaker? Most would say not.

# 62 w00dy Hayezz @ 09/11/13 10:43 AM
I think people would be a lot less annoyed by this if EA would actually communicate with the fans about what updates are coming, and what they are working on. When they just randomly add something and people don' see the update they want they assume it's not coming and get upset. Even giving an idea of how many updates they plan on doing would be nice.

# 63 TripleCrown9 @ 09/11/13 12:01 PM
The color of Miami (OH)'s numbers are wrong on the away jersey lol. They should be red.

# 64 tarheelguy4736 @ 09/11/13 02:29 PM
I feel like we may have one, maybe two more uniform updates and then that'll be it for the season. The lack of communication from EA has been evident this year and the silence makes me think they are about done updating the '14 game. Maybe one more patch and a couple of limited uniform updates and they will call it quits for this year. They communicated more with people via Facebook and twitter in regards to questions and issues with the game last year than they have this year. Its kind of worrisome but we will see.

# 65 elgreazy1 @ 09/11/13 03:04 PM
Wow. A whole lot of griping for a $1.00 purchase of content that is not required to play the game. And you all wonder why the developers have no interaction with this "community"?

# 66 BonesKnows85 @ 09/11/13 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
In fairness, UF doesn't have "new uni's". The only thing that has changed is the number font.

It's a new look. Georgia did the very same thing and released theirs after Florida. And theirs was in the game from the start.

It is a deal breaker to me, a Florida fan. Shouldn't have to play the new game with old jerseys. It was a big enough deal to get Georgia's correct.

Bottom line really, is that the uniform store is a complete joke. Why even add this feature, if they are going to release a new pack, ONCE A MONTH, with a few pieces in each pack. We waited the entire month from the first update, only to get a few new gloves and some new uniforms for garbage teams?? That lets you know right there that the new content isn't coming out at a fast enough rate or in big enough quantities to make the store worth it.

Florida isn't going to get their new font. If they were, it would have been in the game at first. If not, it would have certainly been in the first "HUGE" update, that was not that huge at all. What did it contain, 10 teams?

I guess Florida fans will once again be getting the shaft in the NCAA game. This is nothing new.

I just don't see the point of a uniform store if we are going to get ripped off with a few uniform pieces a month.

# 67 BonesKnows85 @ 09/11/13 03:38 PM
Also, to the Cougars fan. Florida's jersey contains a new template I believe. And the SEC logo is out of date on the old jerseys too. I don't see why one of the powers in college football can't get 3 new jersey options with a new font and SEC patch. Something that they are wearing every game in the 2013 season.

It's not like I am asking for a pro combat or something that UF is only going to wear once. I'm asking for our default look to be in the game.

# 68 thelasthurtknee @ 09/11/13 04:14 PM
lets not forget that ea doesnt get to pick and choose. they covered this a few years ago. the companys that make the uni's pick and choose what to send them. most of the new designs they dont get till the season is upon us because they dont want them shown before they are used in real games. also many of the uni's will have a short life and the company's know this ahead of time. I remember a couple of season ago some great uni's came out for 4 or 5 teams that were basically the same design. EA requested the mock up sheets for them because we were all bitching and they said no because they would only be worn a few times each. i remember the tone from ea was they were kinda pissed also. ea has to deal with a marketing person from each company who handles what they send out to ea. they have deals with the individual teams so the uni maker has to get permission from the team, then ea from the maker. and this is also ran by attorneys because of licesning. they they have a budget of time that EA has to spread across all areas of making the game and the budget for uniform inclusion is set a year ahead.
im sure small stuff like fonts and small little changes are not cost prohibitive to work on since this is a football game and not a fashion show. I do know some of the unis are just way off but not as bad as years past. im sure we will get a bigger drop of unis sometime soon but it had been awhile and ea prob just wanted to get something out since season started. but ea could also be pretty much done with us on this game. where are those tuner updates we have supposed to be getting often or the last 3 years? same old EA, but when it comes to this kinda stuff who, cares. football then fashion.

# 69 TripleCrown9 @ 09/11/13 04:16 PM
The first update was actually 20 something teams.

# 70 BA2929 @ 09/11/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksFaninLouisiana
I honestly don't understand why "uniform packs" should be any money at all. All the uniform stuff should have been correct from the beginning. Yeah it's $1, but....

Well, it did take man hours to make the updates outside of what shipped with the game, so shouldn't they get paid for extra work? Or would you rather just not have the updates at all? Because that's what it used to be like. You got what shipped with the game and that was it. There are 120+ teams in the game and there are probably tens of thousands of unique uniform visuals to go along with them. I just don't understand how many of you expect perfection from a (most likely small) group of people doing a monumental task like uniform mirroring. There ARE going to be mistakes and things left out. Perfection doesn't exist when humans are doing the work.

# 71 bkrich83 @ 09/11/13 08:12 PM
Quote:

Yeah but it gives him something to gripe about, which seems to be the only reason these guys post on OS.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

# 72 $NevaBroke$ @ 09/11/13 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Well, it did take man hours to make the updates outside of what shipped with the game, so shouldn't they get paid for extra work? Or would you rather just not have the updates at all? Because that's what it used to be like. You got what shipped with the game and that was it. There are 120+ teams in the game and there are probably tens of thousands of unique uniform visuals to go along with them. I just don't understand how many of you expect perfection from a (most likely small) group of people doing a monumental task like uniform mirroring. There ARE going to be mistakes and things left out. Perfection doesn't exist when humans are doing the work.
BA2929 Are you serious right now? Get paid for extra work? These items should have already been in the game but I understand updates and they should be free to us. We only pay over $60 for a game that has not been 100% complete out of the box since the 2007 version. I get that some uni's may be left out due to the deadline of completing the game but don't charge us for this later. This is a 2014 game and we now have to pay extra for what should already be "In the Game" in the first place? Let me let you in on a little secret: Most people buy this game because it's the only college football game out there and they want to see their favorite school/team with the exact same uni's and accessories they see on t.v., PERIOD. Why should we not expect perfection on uni mirroring and accessories for a game like this? According to EA "If It's In The Game, It's In The Game". EA, just back up what you advertise. I want to see everything in the game I see on Saturdays and I'm not the only one. Will we ever get it from EA? No, but I knew this years ago. Before the uni update buying madness EA started I was downloading alt uni's from fellow OS members who created and shared for free. I would say nothing if this game was $30 or $40 but give me a break. Any updates should be free for all of us who pay full retail price for this game. What the hell is the online pass for then? It just burns me that in a game that is in it's 2014 version and has a long track record still manages to screw us on the little things that should already be in the game. I have bought the EA NCAA Football series every year from the start. I have seen this game evolve. Over the years I have put up with the glitches, bugs, patches, broken plays, broken run game, broken o-line, broken d-line, broken coverage, rocket catches, superman linebackers, no refs on the field, crappy looking sidelines, 1-D looking fans in the stadiums. Now I deal with continuous misses on uni's and accessories, then be charged extra for bits and pieces? EA, really? "If It's In The Game, It's In The Game", really? Maybe for FIFA and NHL series but the NFL/college football series has been "Out Of The Game" as far as complete uni's, alt uni's and accessories...Paid for extra work, stop it!!!

# 73 stormisbruin @ 09/11/13 11:48 PM
Quote:

Plus they look terrible. Who would want them in the game?

# 74 empenaflor @ 09/12/13 03:37 AM
I'd love to throw in my complaint. San Diego State has had the previous year's uniforms for each of the past two years. I just want the correct uniforms. Please?

NCAA Football 13 had these:

Which were the uniforms from the previous season. Fast forward to NCAA Football 14, I finally get a uniform update! Of last season's old uniforms. Here is what is currently in the game.

SDSU got a whole new update this year, logos and uniforms. I could go on without the new logos but I would really love to finally play with the correct uniforms, which are these:

C'mon man. It isn't an updated font, new gloves, new helmets; its totally wrong uniforms.

# 75 lsu4life86 @ 09/12/13 10:12 AM
do you need xbox live gold to dl this?

# 76 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/12/13 10:39 AM
I wonder when Louisville will get their Black jerseys

But Im guessing EA is waiting until they wear them this season

# 77 RP59 @ 09/12/13 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Wow. A whole lot of griping for a $1.00 purchase of content that is not required to play the game. And you all wonder why the developers have no interaction with this "community"?
If a customer isn't satisfied, that should be all the more reasons to interact with them. If EA just wants to be patted on the back and told that lied to about the quality of their product, what does that say about their work ethic? You put out a quality product in the first place, you don't get as much griping. Simple as that.

# 78 mattynokes @ 09/12/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
It's been EA's MO to hype something and then when it fails or they can't deliver as promised they hide behind the computer screen.

The way they hyped up the uniform store last year made it seem like they were going to be pumping out updates all season long. Not a few updates resembling a title update timeline. If I remember correctly they said they'd be updating uniforms that teams were consistently wearing for free throughout the season and that only specialty uniforms would cost money.

I guess, at least they said THIS year they can only release one free pack per season. But that begs to ask why they couldn't have said that (at least at some point) LAST year instead of building up our hopes. And if only one free pack why didn't they wait until late September/early October to release it so that potentially more teams could have been included?

If they can be on twitter hyping the game and features pre-release, why can't they be on twitter letting us know when a planned title update or uniform update is coming? I think that's all many are asking. We don't expect them to nail it down the exact date, but a general timeline and that they are working on fixing something that's broken or needs updated.

# 79 Freakydeaky9 @ 09/12/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
It's been EA's MO to hype something and then when it fails or they can't deliver as promised they hide behind the computer screen.

The way they hyped up the uniform store last year made it seem like they were going to be pumping out updates all season long. Not a few updates resembling a title update timeline. If I remember correctly they said they'd be updating uniforms that teams were consistently wearing for free throughout the season and that only specialty uniforms would cost money.

I guess, at least they said THIS year they can only release one free pack per season. But that begs to ask why they couldn't have said that (at least at some point) LAST year instead of building up our hopes. And if only one free pack why didn't they wait until late September/early October to release it so that potentially more teams could have been included?

If they can be on twitter hyping the game and features pre-release, why can't they be on twitter letting us know when a planned title update or uniform update is coming? I think that's all many are asking. We don't expect them to nail it down the exact date, but a general timeline and that they are working on fixing something that's broken or needs updated.
THIS. Nevada has entirely new uniforms for the season. In fact, so do a bunch of other schools.

# 80 UK_Sooner @ 09/12/13 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Whew, I feel like less of an idiot now.

After purchasing the uniform pack#2 I browsed around the teams & only seemed to notice MiamiOH as having new jerseys. It seems that was entirely the case, I paid $0.80 for some gloves that you never even see. And it's not even gloves, it's glove PALMS.
Pretty much the same. I browsed the teams and only noticed Miami (OH) and thought I'd been had.

Had to log on here to see why you actually received in the update. Doesn't really affect me as much though, as I use Va Tech in my dynasty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.