Home
NBA 2K14 News Post
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gosens6 @ 09/24/13 07:56 AM
First, good find. Second, I watched the Bulls Vs. Heat video, and i'm VERY impressed with the computer AI from that video. I had my doubts about if the AI would be improved this year, it seems to be.

Also, the defense in the paint as a whole is just fantastic. No more automatic dunks and layups for the AI, saw a few timely placed blocks in there. Can't wait to pick this game up on the first to hold me out for next gen in November!

# 2 prime_clutch @ 09/24/13 07:58 AM
I may be trippin but it looks and play da same,except for da def in da paint "looks nice" and just added blocks...
Same player mod's, same accessories, same off colors "Knicks Blue looks horrible" same everything...

WHERE IS DA INJURIES??????? Havent seen one in 3 yrs

# 3 Gosens6 @ 09/24/13 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime_clutch
I may be trippin but it looks and play da same,except for da def in da paint "looks nice" and just added blocks...
Same player mod's, same accessories, same off colors "Knicks Blue looks horrible" same everything...

WHERE IS DA INJURIES??????? Havent seen one in 3 yrs
Of course it looks the same, they've reached their limits on what they can do with the current gen systems.

You can't say it plays the same, when you haven't even played it yet.

Player models go back to the engine, it's not changing.

They've never been great with accessories, Thank god we have good roster makers on here. Same with the injuries, they just don't know how to implement them correctly in game.

It is what it is at this point. Either you can accept that fact and be happy with the improved defense, passing, blocks, speed differential between faster players, etc. Or just keep being disjointed that they don't do a massive overhaul of the game every year. Especially this year with next gen coming out in a month and a half.

# 4 iLLosophy @ 09/24/13 08:11 AM
Starting to think the blocking is just as bad as in 2k12 when the ball would just randomly fall out of people's hands because it brushed up against someone's eyelash.

# 5 cb1115 @ 09/24/13 08:22 AM
I feel like they could have at least done something to make it look different than 2K13. Tweak the lighting or change the color palate a bit. If it weren't for the goofy 2K14 watermark, most people would probably just mistake this for 2K13.

Gameplay-wise it looks fine, but I just can't mount up any excitement.

# 6 Blackhail92 @ 09/24/13 08:28 AM
sheesh, the game looks great. especially interior defense and man to man. The defense by the A.I. seemed to lure the guy playing into shooting all threes b/c he knew he couldnt get free for a mid range jumper by moving side to side(like 2k13) and everytime he drove it to the hoop it was a block or a missed shot(besides the rose floater). Not many fouls though. Teams like bulls and pacers are going to have to be strategically beaten this year

# 7 sactown_13 @ 09/24/13 08:30 AM
any idea what the settings were on? I hope that wasnt superstar sim. During Clips-Knicks game he reached the whole time and didnt get any fouls called for it. Still hoping for a video of a solid player before release. Three pointers and dunk attempts was all he attempted.

# 8 stillfeelme @ 09/24/13 08:31 AM
Thanks for the find OP!
  • Loving the contact in the paint.
  • The CPU AI looks real good, looked like they added more D. Rose sig layups or they are working correctly this year.
  • I really liked how Chicago's offense was struggling when D. Rose went to the bench and the user was still trying to iso players that don't really iso much. Looks like you need to run plays to be more successful
  • Really like the speed difference noticed with Rose and Westbrook in this video and the stream yesterday

# 9 Optik @ 09/24/13 08:34 AM
Heat vs Bulls video is absolutely awful. Nearly every possession you can count one or two ugly things happening. I hate the way players crossover (w/ the LS) when they're bringing the ball up. Looks so unrealistic. Passing in and out of the paint is way too easy. I'm hoping this was on an easier level. Blocked standing dunk @5:50! AI moronic moment of the game: Dwayne Wade using his left hand to finish in traffic, leading to him getting blocked, instead of using his right hand where there was nothing but open space that he could have even dunked it.

Knicks vs Clippers: must the players have to do an over-elaborate 1 foot pass to their PG? Why can't they just dump it off, or just bounce it in front of their PG. Why must they jump and spin in the air whilst doing a no-look? It looks RIDICULOUS. The AI is so stupid. How is Bargnani going to do a spin dribble in the paint?

# 10 Goffs @ 09/24/13 08:44 AM
The Miami game that guy needs to learn how to stay in front of his man and to lay off the triangle button and start using the R stick hands up defense. He kept switching defenders....I'm guessing he's anticipating a pass so he can intercept?

# 11 sniapeko @ 09/24/13 08:49 AM
I would like to see a video of someone who can actually play the game, running plays, etc. to see how the CPU (both teammates and opposing team) reacts and goes along.
Up until now, I've seen none of that, and I can't decide if I'm buying this game or not.
it's not worthy if it's just the same as 2K13

# 12 Optik @ 09/24/13 08:55 AM
PTG Gameplay Spurs vs Heat: Problem is there just aren't enough basic passing animations in the game, or the game chooses the wrong ones to do; whether it's Danny Green just throwing one handed Brady passes to Tony Parker who's running in to traffic and heading out of bounds OR the big men who've just grabbed a defensive rebound, thinking it's beneath them to throw a simple two handed chest/overhead pass to their PG, throwing one handed post-entry passes to Parker. It's aesthetically terrible, and isn't good for gameplay.

EDIT: Oh my. I've just seen LeBron lead two consecutive 3-on-2 fastbreaks and in both of them he makes a little jumpstop and then triggers the ever-present one handed post-entry to dump it off to the player who finishes (or doesn't finish) the break. Why are players incapable of making two handed chest-passes outside of swing it around the 3 point line?

EDIT 2: Ugh....Signature Skill Cheese is in full effect...SMH.

EDIT 3: About half of these passes should be going out of bounds. Sorry, you just can't jump and do a 180 spin and zip a full court pass to someone being guarded on the wing. It just doesn't happen. Passing accuracy must be dropped a ton.

# 13 Vni @ 09/24/13 09:00 AM
Flashy passes already got old to me aswell as scrubs playing the game. I'am done watching theses random gameplays. I'll make a decision on wether I'll get the game or not (definately leaning towards getting it) but I must admit I'am underwhelmed.

# 14 clipperfan811 @ 09/24/13 09:08 AM
Well the off the ball movement definitely looks more coordinated and quick. That should make a pretty substantial difference to the way you can run an offense. The cuts look sharper and quicker.

Obviously graphically it looks underwhelming but I think absolutely everyone has Next Gen on the mind when looking at the visuals. I noticed certain animations that seemed to imply tighter control, when making changes of direction.

Jump shots look sort of weird, It's hard to tell if its user timing issues or what but they look like the releases are too quick. I notice a hitch in a lot of them so it seems like the user is holding the release too long. Hopefully that's what it is.

Overall it does look a little more smooth and quicker. That quickness sort of makes certain animations look awkward though, might need to play with the game speed settings a bit.

One thing that definitely stands out in all the videos we've seen so far is the increased speed of passing, I can't begin to express how exciting that is. Passing has been slow and laggy for years now so that's a great sign.

# 15 LeBronistheKing @ 09/24/13 10:15 AM
I saw a few positives as well as a lot of similarities to 2K13. The jumpshots seem to have regressed as in they look a little worse. I remember when 2K7 released for the then relatively new 360. I was blown away by the animations, the new signature styles, signature jumpers. For the first time it felt different when you were controlling LeBron James than when you were controlling Allen Iverson or Shaquile O'Neal. It seems to me that those great differentiating styles and animations are becoming fewer and far between as well as becoming more uniform as in everyone dribbles very similar. I became a fan of the 2k series because of realism in the game as well greatly appreciating where the series was going in terms of signature animations as Basketball is arguably the most uniquely individual sport. Also the animations themselves seemed to give players a tangible weight to them that was absent in the NBA Live games (the "skating") However recently the 2K games have started to display a similar weightlessness that in my opinion takes away from the goal of mimicing the actual sport as well as the look of a tv broadcast. In these recent videos I see negatives that actually remind me of mistakes Live made in the past, and I am a little concerned in where this is going. My saving grace is hopefuly the next gen 2K14 as the reveal trailer looked spectacular and I am hopeful that it will have more to offer me as a consumer as well as bringing back that excitement and wow factor I'm currently missing in regards to 2K14.

# 16 jayman504 @ 09/24/13 11:17 AM
During the Celtics/76er's game at the 4:47 mark rondo make a fake that the crowd "ohhh's" at that was a real nice touch.

# 17 Vni @ 09/24/13 11:24 AM

1.12: Theses kind of flashy passes are gonna get old really quick.

I've seen some pretty cool stuff in theses team's highlights and simulation's videos though.

# 18 Vni @ 09/24/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Of course it looks the same, they've reached their limits on what they can do with the current gen systems.
Are you saying that Parsons need next gen hardware to get a face that at least ressembles his real life counterpart?

A new scoreboard?

Improved colours?

Stuff like that makes the game feel fresh every years.

# 19 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/24/13 11:40 AM
Yep, looks like the passing didn't get touched (in terms of accuracy from Vegas when I brought it up), I noticed then it was far too accurate all around the court, but was assured that it was build and that it was corrected... sheeeeeeettttttt... from these videos just about every no-look thru traffic pass somehow magically makes the intended target .

Very disappointed in that.

Something that still no one has mentioned (I did in the MyTeam DEV thread) is that shoes, no one has generics on. This is a good step for 2K in terms of authenticity, maybe NiceKicks has something to do with it, I dunno, 2K comes out saying they are doing something w/ them but never says what it is, unless they holding back for NG.

# 20 Vni @ 09/24/13 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Yep, looks like the passing didn't get touched (in terms of accuracy from Vegas when I brought it up), I noticed then it was far too accurate all around the court, but was assured that it was build and that it was corrected... sheeeeeeettttttt... from these videos just about every no-look thru traffic pass somehow magically makes the intended target .

Yeah same old It's an old build speech. Some of theses passes are ridiculous.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.