Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

I just fired up Madden NFL 25 (PS4) and noticed a patch was downloaded.

Looking at the update history, it shows Version 1.04 - Minor stability and bug fixes. I've reached out to EA Sports for more details on what was patched in this update.

UPDATE: I've heard from some users that have mentioned it is available now for the Xbox One as well.

UPDATE #2: Here are the Madden NFL 25 title update #3 details.

GENERAL UPDATES
  • Improved stability in all game modes
  • Various stability improvements for CoachGlass and SmartGlass
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed an issue where special moves on kick returners were over-effective
  • Tuned precision stiff arm behavior
  • Fixed an issue with heat seeker not working properly
  • Tuned knockout chances to improve catch rates in tight coverage
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fixed an issue where the MUT friends list displayed incorrectly
PRESENTATION
  • Fixed a bug where Roger Goodell's suit was displayed incorrectly during the Vince Lombardi trophy presentation
  • Fixed an issue where vignettes displayed a black screen when loading into a Head-to-Head game, OTP, and MUT Head-to-Head game.
Are you seeing any differences?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/06/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
We don't have anything to share about future Madden titles, but thanks for the feedback.

Also - I can assure you that we would never "break" news in a forum, so there is no sense in asking.

... With all due respect.
1) I know that. I was hoping for something haha.

2) thank you for not saying "we are always looking at new additions" that does nothing and just makes people mad.

I was more trying to pitch the idea for a timing based model or maybe even automatic kick modes that are based on a formula.

You have the code for the kicking that's in. So leave that BUT expand that. Offer options. All other games do. Look at nba. Timing based or real % for shooting and free throws. Why not have a classic (what we have now), timing based, formula based. Etc.

You don't have to worry about people mad about the removal since you left it but the guys that beg for a new method, get it too. You don't lose there. Without options, a group will always be mad.

Just an idea to pitch. I know you can't say anything as to what's going on in development.

# 42 strife1013 @ 02/06/14 04:02 PM
Can we expect future title updates for Madden 25 or has the team moved to the next title release?

# 43 jgarrett @ 02/06/14 04:11 PM
Is there going to be a fix for not being able to load custom rosters in connected franchises?

# 44 TampaSteve @ 02/06/14 04:38 PM
has anybody else noticed at Legacy scores and connected franchise mode has greatly decreased? For instance winning super bowls 3 and beyond went from 4950 legacy to 490 legacy. I hope there is a fix because I uninstalled this patch and immediately after seeing this.

# 45 charter04 @ 02/06/14 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
The "ONLY gameplay tuning" happens to favor the offense? This is simply not true. We tuned the precision stiff-arm, which was over-effective, as well as the juke moves on KRs. With all due respect, hyperbole doesn't help anybody.

As for the rest of the stuff - Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I have seen a LOT of INTs, personally in multiple CFMs, so I don't see this as being a global issue.
Can we get the sliders fixed? Adjusting sliders would help a lot of things but, they don't work as they should. We need sliders to be much more sensitive and work properly.

Example: The Pass coverage, int, and pass reaction sliders. When you lower int there should be less int's. I don't see this. It seems to make very little difference.

When you lower pass reaction it should make the defenders reaction slower. It seems to either do the opposite or do very little. Same with coverage slider. Lowering this doesn't seem to do anything.

If we could have sensitive sliders that work right we could fix a lot of things ourselves. We have the EA share for sliders, why not fix sliders? Same goes for penalties.

Also more info on how they work. Thanks.

# 46 Senator Palmer @ 02/06/14 05:43 PM
I was disheartened a little after reading the notes for this patch -- especially the gameplay notes -- but after playing a few games I'm noticing some improvements that weren't noted. My big gripe was the run defense: the lack of an edge being set, and the linemen pretty much being bystanders, and the safeties playing inconsistently on those plays, so I took the Falcons who were one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last year and played a few games against the Titans (default All-Madden), who have been gashing me consistently after the last patch.

Things are still far from perfect but I'm seeing defensive ends and linebackers take on blocks with their outside arms free when pursuing stretch and blast plays with a lot more consistency. Now this would happen from time to time after the last patch, but it was completely random and would happen maybe once or twice a game.

I still see some strange things in pursuit from the corners (mainly the Nickel), but the safeties come down and play the sweeps a lot better than before. And the secondary players, namely the corners, are getting off blocks better and aren't being shoved to the ground nearly as much,

There was also another issue in the run defense where on counter plays the linebackers instantly take these huge false steps at the snap, even before you can take control and essentially take themselves out of the play, leaving a huge hole on the backside. Well, the linebackers still take themselves out of the play, but the defensive end on that side -- who sometimes would be completely free plays that play a lot better -- either squeezing down on the hole and forcing the play up the middle, or by making the tackle himself, and the safeties play the alley better.

Play against the Power O still leaves a lot to be desired, and I haven't played against the Texans yet with Arian Foster who consistenly bounced everything outside against me post the last patch.

Corners still look lost against the hook in Cover 3 and tight end coverage man to man is still lacking from what I've seen, but I at least feel like I'm competitive against the run again.

I still haven't gone online to see what's really good, but that's what I'm seeing so far.

# 47 LowerWolf @ 02/06/14 10:41 PM
I've always kind of wondered if changing the sliders somehow unbalances the game, and I'm wondering that again now.

Reading this thread, the general opinion seems to be there aren't enough swatted passes or dropped passes, but that hasn't been the case for me. And I'm wondering if that's because I'm on default.

Playing default All-Pro before the latest patch, I saw plenty of swatted balls and had plenty of WR drops when they got blasted (and sometimes when they didn't). There were a fair amount of interceptions for both me and the cpu.

I started a Play Now game a little while ago post-patch. In the first quarter, I saw three swatted passes and Demaryious Thomas had two drops when he got hit.

# 48 Mizzou24 @ 02/06/14 11:34 PM
Can we also fix the pursuit angles? I mean outside runs are ridiculous.. When a lb or safety stops and just let's the dude go by him something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 49 iamgramps @ 02/06/14 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I've always kind of wondered if changing the sliders somehow unbalances the game, and I'm wondering that again now.

Reading this thread, the general opinion seems to be there aren't enough swatted passes or dropped passes, but that hasn't been the case for me. And I'm wondering if that's because I'm on default.

Playing default All-Pro before the latest patch, I saw plenty of swatted balls and had plenty of WR drops when they got blasted (and sometimes when they didn't). There were a fair amount of interceptions for both me and the cpu.

I started a Play Now game a little while ago post-patch. In the first quarter, I saw three swatted passes and Demaryious Thomas had two drops when he got hit.
Same here!

# 50 prey2god @ 02/07/14 12:06 AM
I'm pretty much done with this game. I'm very disappointed. Year after year it happens. Feels like they try to make the game playable only AFTER the season is over. But even then, they don't really address the issues that are important like ASSISTED TACKLES.

Out of how many years they say they would fix it but they never do. I bought Madden 25 for the PS3 in good faith and really fought myself buying into Madden 25 for PS4, which was the only reason why I got it at launch.

I also found the fact that if you input sliders within your "franchise" mode, it causes a glitch with INTS and Sacks, not being recorded fully. It's a shame we have to be the QA for these people.

I'm just simply done with it. I'm sorry to rant, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

# 51 R9NALD9 @ 02/07/14 04:51 AM
Still no fix for assisted tackles...wrong team celebrating in the Superbowl...too many INTS and Fumbles...commentators welcoming you to Candlestick park when it's Levi's stadium...no horn sound at Levi's stadium when 49ers score...

# 52 badazzleroybrown @ 02/07/14 05:37 AM
where can i view my version of the game ? because i have not been prompted
for anything new. tried looking but can not seem to find any info on what version i am running.

# 53 opd897 @ 02/07/14 08:35 AM
Disappointed with this update.

Still too many interceptions. This doesn't appear to have been touched by EA.

Still too many sacks. Ditto the above.

Sliders still do not work, nor have they worked in years.

Assisted tackles not touched.

Roger Goodell's suit? Really??!!!

# 54 dat boi Q @ 02/07/14 08:52 AM
Man we do this same dog and pony show every year. These issues have been in madden for years.
It's insulting for EA to come around here acting like there game is buggy as hell. Asking dumb questions about adjusting sliders knowing half of them don't even work. Sometimes I wonder do they even play there own game.

# 55 TheShizNo1 @ 02/07/14 01:56 PM
Am I the only one that enjoys the game?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

# 56 N51_rob @ 02/07/14 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

Nope, I am having great fun in my Online CFM. I joined another because I have fun playing against like minded gamers. That said, there is room for improvement, and this patch IMO leaves a couple of things to be desired.

# 57 LowerWolf @ 02/07/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

Nope.

It's not perfect, but I've played it way more than any other game since getting my PS4.

# 58 Dr. Banner @ 02/07/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Those patch notes are a little disapointing. I was really hoping that injuries would be addressed. I have my starting qb get injured and carted off the field and then he's back on the very next play.
That's been happening in madden game for years, and it's annoying.

# 59 Millennium @ 02/07/14 02:31 PM
Easy, folks. Constructive criticism (what we always preach at OS) is fine. You come here and start whining or attacking devs, you might as well take OS off of your favorites and show yourself to another gaming site.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 60 BL8001 @ 02/07/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Just curious, are you guys looking into any kind of new kicking method? It would be a game changer if field goals were not automatic. Right now kicking is way too easy. To elaborate, Accuracy really has no effect regardless of changing sliders.
I have to jump in here. I went to tiburon about 5 years ago and sat next to a dev with ncaa and we made kicking and punting perfect. By perfect I mean it worked like it should. We made accuracy on the "upstroke" important. If you missed zeroing it the ball moved offline. Not only did it move offline but we increased the spin/curve of the ball based on how you missed the accuracy point on the "upstroke".

I was a kicker and this was very important to me because special teams in both madden and ncaa are really never addressed properly.

I was so happy with the results and so was he. I felt great about this until the game hit the shelves and to my dismay nothing had changed.

When I asked what happened I was told somehow it didn't get updated into the game code and that it would either come out in a patch or in the next version of the game.

Still waiting.

When we sat there and worked on it, it took no more than 45 minutes to get it to be a really fun kicking system. We changed nothing with the method other than how the stick results dictated ball flight. He just simply changed values that were already present but were too lenient.

This is 100% something that could be fixed by EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.