Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Pared @ 02/14/14 08:05 AM
Let's try and put this into perspective for a second.

I am just as upset as anyone that he acted to not know what was up with the big in late game AI. I actually spent a good amount of time trying to help you guys get it fixed by semi-spamming the chat while he was streaming. I may not feel Live is "it" this year but that doesn't mean we can't have games that keep trying to push each other. We all win when that happens.

This guy is only one member of a team. They know about the issue - or at least a few of them know. WTF has hinted (to put it modestly) that he is in communication with someone from the Live team. If that's the case, then they know and either decided to not fix it, don't know how to fix it or what is causing it or just can't.

I think the most upsetting thing is he did the traditional game developer belittling thing to me in the stream. I was vague (kind of tough to be specific in a chat with limited character space and a bunch of idiots saying Live sucks) but tried my best to open a dialogue about the issue. A good amount of people there also knew about it and his response was basically, "during a big lead, during a close game, when you are up, when the CPU is up....?" These are the types of interactions developers typically have with Q&A testers. Some value them, others see them as idiots.

His response of I'll look into it left me optimistic but after 32's post I can't help but echo my initial thoughts - Frustrating.

To his credit - he did answer a lot of my questions although I do question some of his setting choices such as turning auto motion off and setting the shooting to ratings only (which he did change later on).

I don't know Scott; seems like he's proud of his work... But then again so were the guys in Vancouver.

Hopefully they understand opening up a dialogue to the fans help. They would be better off telling people we are aware of the issue and will try to resolve it anyway we can. Seems they would prefer to not acknowledge it publicly for whatever reason.

# 222 Pared @ 02/14/14 08:08 AM
Also - please don't post stuff like "I told you so" or whatever - it doesn't help anyone here and is borderline trolling. A comment like that doesn't do anything but incite others.

# 223 loosey101 @ 02/14/14 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Let's try and put this into perspective for a second.

I am just as upset as anyone that he acted to not know what was up with the big in late game AI. I actually spent a good amount of time trying to help you guys get it fixed by semi-spamming the chat while he was streaming. I may not feel Live is "it" this year but that doesn't mean we can't have games that keep trying to push each other. We all win when that happens.

This guy is only one member of a team. They know about the issue - or at least a few of them know. WTF has hinted (to put it modestly) that he is in communication with someone from the Live team. If that's the case, then they know and either decided to not fix it, don't know how to fix it or what is causing it or just can't.

I think the most upsetting thing is he did the traditional game developer belittling thing to me in the stream. I was vague (kind of tough to be specific in a chat with limited character space and a bunch of idiots saying Live sucks) but tried my best to open a dialogue about the issue. A good amount of people there also knew about it and his response was basically, "during a big lead, during a close game, when you are up, when the CPU is up....?" These are the types of interactions developers typically have with Q&A testers. Some value them, others see them as idiots.

His response of I'll look into it left me optimistic but after 32's post I can't help but echo my initial thoughts - Frustrating.

To his credit - he did answer a lot of my questions although I do question some of his setting choices such as turning auto motion off and setting the shooting to ratings only (which he did change later on).

I don't know Scott; seems like he's proud of his work... But then again so were the guys in Vancouver.

Hopefully they understand opening up a dialogue to the fans help. They would be better off telling people we are aware of the issue and will try to resolve it anyway we can. Seems they would prefer to not acknowledge it publicly for whatever reason.
I was there with you Pared, I heard him answer the question but didn't realize it was you that had asked it. Yeah, I didn't like the way he remarked either, he said something and then that was pretty much it. I started spamming that it happened at the end of games with the CPU down a possession or two. I spammed a few questions about another update but he wouldn't answer it. He did answer a couple of the questions but I honestly left the chat last night feeling like the only thing that was helpful was the dribbiling he showed. I know they can't remark on certain things but I wish he would have at least addressed these issues a little more in depth.

# 224 The 24th Letter @ 02/14/14 08:48 AM
I hear you Pared. Me personally, I respect the devs...I know some things aren't in their power, and I know a lot of them really do work hard...

It's just combination of the severity of a bug like this, and the attention pad to it that gets me...this isn't in the same class as CPU TO's or PIP success (even those are very important to some)...I was so confident that it be fixed because it's such an experiencing killing bug...and I guess that was partly my fault...but to hear him say it's the first time he heard it last night....smh.

# 225 GisherJohn24 @ 02/14/14 12:11 PM
Big mistake obvioulsy was to release this game in beta stages. The bad A.I. is something that proves they just wanted to make street date regardless of how finished, or unfinished it was. They did the same thing for Battlefield 4, it was unfinished and unplayable on most platforms. For me, the playablity and the foundation a future good basketball game seems bright. Once they iron out all the major bugs and things Live 14 lacks. It does a lot of things right, but it's very difficult to ignore the issues that the developers obviously ignored too and don't want to talk about publically.

# 226 fhs2 @ 02/14/14 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
If you're on xbox you're probably gonna need to unplug all your cords for about a minute. Then turn it back on and it should be good.
Yeah, i'm on xbox. Thanks, but it not woked for me. Still same problem.

C'mon guys, i known it's off topic, but no one had this problem before? I just could not play the game after the patch. Help me, please. Thanks.

# 227 jahswill @ 02/14/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Yeah, i'm on xbox. Thanks, but it not woked for me. Still same problem.

C'mon guys, i known it's off topic, but no one had this problem before? I just could not play the game after the patch. Help me, please. Thanks.
Try this then.
Solution 1: Try to start the app again

To resolve this issue, try to start the app again.

If the app doesn’t start, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Perform a hard restart of the Xbox One console

To resolve this issue, you will have to perform a hard restart of your Xbox One console. Here’s how:

Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the console shuts down.
Unplug the power supply from the console. Wait for 3 minutes, then plug the power supply back in to the console.
Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn on both the controller and the console.

# 228 Earl1963 @ 02/14/14 03:23 PM
I enjoy the game but come on. Stuff needs a fixing, still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 229 Walt Frazier @ 02/14/14 07:38 PM
Proof below about them either lying or treating us with contempt.

Not only were NONE of the bugs fixed, but poster Phreak50 pointed out the late game AI issue in NOVEMBER.

The devs stated multiple times "please post any issues in a bugs thread, we read all the posts" which was absolute rhetorical BS. There's not even any point to sites like this existing and threads like this being requested if you are just going to ignore it.

Platform:
PS4, full game

Whats the bug?
Late game AI is BROKEN

What mode did you experience the glitch/bug in?

Every mode.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?
Happened 5, 6 straight times. Can recreate whenever you get a close game. Example, CPU down 3 with 30 seconds to play. Their PG stands there and dribbles out the clock. They get a shotclock violation and celebrate (YES they ALL pump their fists and cheer, including the coach).

How often has the bug been reproduced?
5 or 6 times in a row.

# 230 JBulls @ 02/15/14 11:53 AM
Edit: I take back what I said, I guess the all-star court was updated again, and it was done pretty well. Kudos

# 231 loosey101 @ 02/15/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
The All Star court update reeks of laziness. Where's the effort, sigh

Have to agree with this, no John Wall, no Anthony Davis...

# 232 nick_sr @ 02/15/14 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
Have to agree with this, no John Wall, no Anthony Davis...
spoelstra is till the coach of the east smh

# 233 nick_sr @ 02/15/14 09:25 PM
seems as if shoes update is coming? these guys have the tools to do what they said they would do but it seems as if they're too lazy. screen I took off instagram

# 234 WTF @ 02/15/14 10:41 PM
I am pretty sure that Giannis and Wolters are getting makeovers as well as Antic. Also Blake Griffin. We'll see.

# 235 shutdown10 @ 02/15/14 11:13 PM
Sean O' Brien's apology did not come through with this update.

I’m not going to lie; it’s been a rough week. As you can imagine, this isn’t exactly the NBA LIVE comeback story we were hoping for this year.

We hear loud and clear that some of you are disappointed in various aspects of NBA LIVE 14, and I’m sorry if the game doesn’t live up to your expectations. Looking at your feedback, we have laid out a plan to make NBA LIVE 14 a better game as quickly as we can.

First, you’ve told us that the game is too hard to learn, and that the only way to figure it out is through frustrating trial-and-error. As a result, we are working on improving the way the game teaches the controls and on-boards new users. We realize that every single one of you is a new user and know we need to make the game easier to understand and simpler to pick up and play.

We’re also conducting an ongoing series of Twitch Live Streams to teach the skills that will help make your game experience a better one. We have our producers and designers online seven days a week to answer your questions and to offer other helpful game advice. Additionally, we’ve posted Controller Guide, Perfecting Your Style and Levels of the Dribble blogs on the NBA LIVE website which we hope will help you with basic offense, defense, play calling and more.

We’re not going to stop there. You’ve also let us know that you’re disappointed by the graphics and animations, and I can tell you that we are committed to making drastic and immediate improvements. In order to get gameplay up and running this year we had to prioritize. We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future. As a result, game visuals and animation polish suffered.You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA LIVE 14. .

A goal from the start was to stay relevant to the ongoing NBA season and evolve your gaming experience. We’ve been hearing that you love LIVE Season, and many of you are having a lot of fun with BIG Moments. We’re really glad to hear you’re enjoying the mode, and rest assured we will continue updating LIVE Season with new BIG Moments and NBA Rewind games every single day of the season. We’ve also gotten a lot of great feedback on LIVE Ultimate Team, and we’ve still got some big announcements and major additions coming down the road, so stick around for that.

Let me wrap up with this; for those of you who have supported us throughout this development cycle and continue to have our backs now, thank you. We’ve got a lot of work to do; I’ve got a lot of work to do. It started 12 months ago, and continues until we build this franchise bigger and better than it ever was. This is just the first chapter in the NBA LIVE comeback story.

The update did not improve the graphics or animations significantly, and I doubt any other big announcement or major additions are coming to this game in this cycle. I suppose they are saving their chips for Live 15, but all of us who purchase these Basketball games have to be worried about the state of what they are putting out. Whether you support them or not we all have to lock arms and demand them to bring quality to the table or else we will no longer purchase their game. They cannot afford another 100,000 or 150,000 copies sold next year.

# 236 nick_sr @ 02/15/14 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Sean O' Brien's apology did not come through with this update.

I’m not going to lie; it’s been a rough week. As you can imagine, this isn’t exactly the NBA LIVE comeback story we were hoping for this year.

We hear loud and clear that some of you are disappointed in various aspects of NBA LIVE 14, and I’m sorry if the game doesn’t live up to your expectations. Looking at your feedback, we have laid out a plan to make NBA LIVE 14 a better game as quickly as we can.

First, you’ve told us that the game is too hard to learn, and that the only way to figure it out is through frustrating trial-and-error. As a result, we are working on improving the way the game teaches the controls and on-boards new users. We realize that every single one of you is a new user and know we need to make the game easier to understand and simpler to pick up and play.

We’re also conducting an ongoing series of Twitch Live Streams to teach the skills that will help make your game experience a better one. We have our producers and designers online seven days a week to answer your questions and to offer other helpful game advice. Additionally, we’ve posted Controller Guide, Perfecting Your Style and Levels of the Dribble blogs on the NBA LIVE website which we hope will help you with basic offense, defense, play calling and more.

We’re not going to stop there. You’ve also let us know that you’re disappointed by the graphics and animations, and I can tell you that we are committed to making drastic and immediate improvements. In order to get gameplay up and running this year we had to prioritize. We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future. As a result, game visuals and animation polish suffered.You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA LIVE 14. .

A goal from the start was to stay relevant to the ongoing NBA season and evolve your gaming experience. We’ve been hearing that you love LIVE Season, and many of you are having a lot of fun with BIG Moments. We’re really glad to hear you’re enjoying the mode, and rest assured we will continue updating LIVE Season with new BIG Moments and NBA Rewind games every single day of the season. We’ve also gotten a lot of great feedback on LIVE Ultimate Team, and we’ve still got some big announcements and major additions coming down the road, so stick around for that.

Let me wrap up with this; for those of you who have supported us throughout this development cycle and continue to have our backs now, thank you. We’ve got a lot of work to do; I’ve got a lot of work to do. It started 12 months ago, and continues until we build this franchise bigger and better than it ever was. This is just the first chapter in the NBA LIVE comeback story.

The update did not improve the graphics or animations significantly, and I doubt any other big announcement or major additions are coming to this game in this cycle. I suppose they are saving their chips for Live 15, but all of us who purchase these Basketball games have to be worried about the state of what they are putting out. Whether you support them or not we all have to lock arms and demand them to bring quality to the table or else we will no longer purchase their game. They cannot afford another 100,000 or 150,000 copies sold next year.
like some have suggested, this was just a beta. the more I see things the more I have to agree. it is a 3 year plan after all. can't blame them for putting all the resources in live 15 like they should.

# 237 Pared @ 02/15/14 11:59 PM
Can we stop calling developers lazy? We don't roll like that here at OS. Pose an intelligent argument and put some thought into your comments.

# 238 DonWuan @ 02/16/14 01:14 AM
This is the fun part about word play. Our definition of what xyz is a little different than EAs.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

# 239 The 24th Letter @ 02/16/14 01:34 AM
A lot of it boils down to simple communication....

Why are we hearing from a 3rd party that some faces may be updated? (Not that I don't appreciate it WTF)

Why couldn't they give is some notes as far as the 'little' updates they've done throughout the weeks?...we were actually told we'd be getting some on that second update but they never came. Instead were left guessing. "Oh the games faster" "The game is smoother!" "The games too slow now!" "I'm seeing tons of new animations!"

Maybe they want it that way, who knows....it'd go a long way actually keeping us in the loop though....

# 240 loosey101 @ 02/16/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I am pretty sure that Giannis and Wolters are getting makeovers as well as Antic. Also Blake Griffin. We'll see.

I sure hope so, I think if they can update a few faces and fix a couple bugs before they move on with 15 I'd be happy. I have my doubts but I'm trying my hardest to give these guys my support. I really do have high hopes for 15.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.